Author Topic: Wingnut Wings 1:32 LVG C.VI  (Read 35143 times)

Offline lone modeller

Re: Wingnut Wings 1:32 LVG C.VI
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2018, 01:56:43 AM »
Superb detailing Lance. I am just glad that the cockpit of the Gunbus was simple by comparison because I could not add the details that you have on your model.

Stephen.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2018, 05:15:34 AM »
Stephen,
    Thank you for your kind comment. Having followed your FB.5 Thread I can't agree, your detailed approach to date is most impressive! (and you are working on a much more challenging project then this Kit.)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline aliluke

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2018, 04:22:34 PM »
Wonderful work Lance - I now wish you and Prze had been ahead of me so I could steal ideas! Too late for that...

It may be here in the thread but which scheme are you going to recreate?

Cheers
Alistair
It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2018, 12:45:45 AM »
Thanks Alistair,
     I ordered the Wingnut Wings original decal sheet for the Kit when I got the Duelist LVG/Camel Kit originally as I thought the latter single scheme too plain. My original choice was "Mia"/Eleynor" but it's so popular out there that I'm now working towards scheme number one of the original Kit with the black and white checker board panels on the fuselage or scheme number five with the black and white lightning fuselage band. Both schemes are rather plain but I like the light stained wood fuselage effect for this aircraft. I'd also like to use a four vs. five color lozenge with a light brown or buff varnish over spray which the reference material states was common on the production runs.
   I was very pleased to get the re-released model as I'd missed the original, hopefully Wingnuts continues to release second runs of previously OOP Kits.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2018, 01:19:08 AM »
Looking great Lance, she is turning out beautifully.  Looking forward to your next installment.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2018, 02:32:15 AM »
Thank you Juan, the next installment has been delayed a bit by some self induced errors as I have had to remove some of the lines and linkages I installed on the fuselage sides to enable the side framework to be installed on the cockpit module. Simple logic had I thought ahead a bit further ........ :-[
Cheers,
Lance

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2018, 07:41:42 PM »
Wow, Lance!  Some excellent detail work!

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2018, 11:16:02 PM »
Many Thanks Gaz,
 I hope to organize some time to do a bit more soon, real life has really put the brakes on any progress for the past week. :(
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2018, 11:02:39 AM »
Been following this for some time now Lance , you have come along way in your skills . Well done so far !

Teeri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2018, 12:01:00 PM »
Thanks Terri, been a while since we've heard from you and I've been wondering where you'd disappeared to?
Cheers,
Lance

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2018, 04:34:02 PM »
Many Thanks Gaz,
 I hope to organize some time to do a bit more soon, real life has really put the brakes on any progress for the past week. :(
Cheers,
Lance

No need to feel bad about that.  I've been in a bit of a funk, myself.  Not been paying attention to the forums as much as normal, and getting a bit morose.

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2018, 09:38:25 AM »
   With the exception of the seat belts and a couple of spare Parabellum Magazines in the Gunner's position the cockpit is complete. The push rods for the throttle, spark advance, and mixture control had to be added after the frame was assembled as well as the fuel line on the right side wall. I see by the photos that a bit of dusting is in order, I did some minor trimming of the top of one of the bulkheads earlier........ good old macro Mode!

The Radio, Gunner/Observer's bench seat, and the far rear portions of the flight controls were added after the frame was assembled as well.

The fuselage was then dry fitted around the assembled cockpit module; as with most Wingnut Wings assemblies it fit beautifully!

The fuselage has now been set aside for a while as I shift to the Lozenge Decals of the wings and tail plane for a change of pace!
Cheers,
Lance

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2018, 07:35:02 PM »
Lovely, Lance!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2018, 07:49:18 PM »
Looking good Lance!

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2018, 12:33:12 AM »
Thanks Guy and Prze, I appreciate you looking in and commenting. On reviewing the photos this morning my question is does anyone have a line on a micro vacuum cleaner?? :o ::)
Cheers,
Lance