Author Topic: Wingnut Wings 1:32 LVG C.VI  (Read 34169 times)

Offline lone modeller

Re: Wingnut Wings 1:32 LVG C.VI
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2018, 03:18:58 AM »
Great work on the lozenge Lance. I'll bet that the excitement of putting that on had you on the edge of your seat...

Stephen.

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2018, 07:59:57 AM »
Manni, Alistair, Ryan and Stephen,
     Thank you all for taking the time to look in and for your great comments. Regarding the decals the Lozenge wasn't bad however those rib tapes did get a bit dull, boring, and sleep inducing before the last one fell into place!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline mgunns

« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2018, 02:17:38 AM »
Hi Lance:

The wings look great.  Can't beat that Aviattic Lozenge.  I am sure you are in the recovery stage letting everything settle down after that roller coaster ride of excitement and modeling madness.  You're on the home stretch now.  Looking forward to the next update.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2018, 03:57:30 AM »
Looks very nice! I'm just picking up my D.VII build and with that have learned a great deal on Aviattic lozenge handling. Makes this even more impressive, very neat! :)

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2018, 06:18:54 AM »
Thank you Mark and Jeroen. Finding modelling time has been a bit of an (unsuccessful) struggle these past few days and tomorrow's more of the same. I'm hoping to get the few bits remaining into the cockpit and close up the fuselage real soon.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2018, 10:59:19 PM »
Excellent work, Lance! This will be one first-rate build when complete, which I am very keen to see. Good luck!  8)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2018, 05:02:57 AM »
Very nice work, the Lozenge-shading is also very convincing.

Servus
Bertl

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2018, 05:53:09 AM »
Thank you both! Bertl, nice to see you posting again, I thought maybe your motorcycle had carried you away!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2018, 06:14:10 AM »
Hi Lance,

no, not my Italian Motorcycle was the reason  :D........
Photobucket has spoiled the posting of pictures  >:(

Servus
Bertl

Offline Monty

« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2018, 05:44:41 PM »
Beautiful lozenge, there, Lance! And some great interior details to fire up the imagination! Great work! Regards, Marc

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2018, 05:52:52 PM »
Those wings look beautiful!

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2018, 05:36:44 AM »
   Time for another update, this Build has slowed down considerably as real life continues to control the schedule.
   The seat belts (HGW) were installed and "dirtied" up a bit with oil based pigments. All the ejector Pin marks are not visible once she's assembled:

The spare magazines for the rear Parabellum were installed along with the Observer/Gunner's seat belts as well:

The canvas ammo belts were done with strips of CDL rib tape decals:

Next came closing up the fuselage. As you can see here not much of all that cockpit detail remains visible .......

The fuselage halves mated together quite nicely and since some filling was required on the belly portion I did a bit on the dorsal portion as well. Some of the filled in recessed panel lines were re-done with RB Productions Scriber tool.

Once filling and sanding were completed the fuselage got a coat of my Wood Base mix of Tamiya Acrylics

I've now started the oil wood graining using Winsor & Newton Winton #34 Raw Sienna oil colour. I'm trying a new technique using "Post It" markers to mask the panels rather then continuous graining front to back.

Last, I gave the fabric areas several lightly misted coats of a "Buff" coloured filter to conform with the descriptions of a "light brown over varnish" on many of these aircraft. I used a base of Tamiya's R20a thinner and their X-55 Deck Tan.I like the toned down effect on the Lozenge.

Good old Macro Mode, I've gone back and repaired the lifting corner on the aileron decal!

Presently I'm watching the oil streaking dry before I can tackle the next series of panels. I'll be starting some of the smaller bits next to fill in the waiting time.
Cheers,
Lance

« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 05:46:55 AM by lcarroll »

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2018, 05:44:08 AM »
Beautiful work, Lance!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2018, 06:10:47 AM »
Great update and progress Lance.   Looking really good.  :D

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2018, 07:19:11 AM »
Thanks for looking and commenting Guys. So far, so good as the saying goes! :)
Cheers,
Lance