Author Topic: Wingnut Wings 1:32 LVG C.VI  (Read 34793 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Wingnut Wings 1:32 LVG C.VI
« Reply #165 on: November 13, 2018, 01:02:09 PM »
   Thanks once again for the comments and compliments Gents. The rigging is progressing nicely, if a bit slow as has been the entire Build! Somewhere soon in this sequence I'll have to take some time to start carving the propeller. I've already got the blanks ready to carve and in fact used them to block up the lower wings when they were attached.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #166 on: November 13, 2018, 04:56:57 PM »
Very fine progress. And enjoy the rigging - my favourite stage, too. And like you - when it goes well :-)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline aliluke

« Reply #167 on: November 13, 2018, 05:08:39 PM »
Looking good - very good. I too am into epoxy for wing settings now. As you say, it gives wriggle room and near bomb proof once set. I use Epiglass Epiglue - a marine product and the best IMO. I do not like working with it smell wise but unbeatable otherwise.

And I'd sure like one of those Third Hand mechanisms to complete the rigging procedure! Tryed to contact the guy who used to make them but no response...if you have any leads...?

Cheers
A
It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #168 on: November 13, 2018, 07:00:30 PM »
splendid recovery, superb build. watching (and learning) even though i don't currently have plans to build one of these.

that jig is also interesting. home made? i may try to make one out of internet server rails, i have a lot of steel rails left over from work. right now the only use i have for them is keeping the neighbor's cat from sleeping on my aloe vera plant (posts, no place to lie down).

i am a fan of jigs.

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2018, 07:34:34 PM »
I ordered the third hand some time back and it's a really well designed and sturdy piece of kit.

Kronos Designs (Facebook page)

email: [email protected]

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #170 on: November 14, 2018, 12:52:44 AM »
Almost completed and looking great, decal incident was perfectly fixed. I agree with all the positive comments.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2018, 01:30:10 AM »
   Thank you all for commenting. The Magic Hand is a real winner in my experience, my favorite tool. I'm not sure if the supplier still sells them but as Mike has said here just Google Kronos Designs and there's two contact addresses on their Facebook page. It is the ultimate rigging assistant and I've used it for the smallest (DH.2) in my collection to the Wingnut Wings AEG. Highly recommended if you can locate it.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #172 on: November 14, 2018, 01:55:19 AM »
ooh. found it. that IS cool. NEED!

thanks guys!

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: November 14, 2018, 06:43:26 AM »
Jeff,
    Let us all know what the price is these days, I paid slightly over $100 USD two years ago, shipping included. Pricey as I say but worth every cent! I use it on every build for construction, touch up painting, and for the complete rigging procedure.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Borsos

« Reply #174 on: November 15, 2018, 03:54:33 AM »
I must admit that I paid a little more for my o.o.p. copy of the LVG, but I do not regret it at all when I see in such an impressive way what can be done with this kit. Here’s another true masterpiece in the making and I am keen on seeing her on her wheels. Btw: Are you going to use the kit‘s wheels or the Aviattic resin ones?
Best regards
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #175 on: November 15, 2018, 04:24:21 AM »
Thank you Andreas. I was very happy when the Kit was reissued as a Duelist Release and had been looking for one at a reasonable price without success for quite a while. I'm using the Kit wheels, I didn't know Aviattic had resin versions?
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Borsos

« Reply #176 on: November 15, 2018, 05:03:03 AM »
I would have bet on it, but I can't find them at the moment... Aviattic now has a dropdown menu on their homepage that only works when you browse with the PC mouse over it - and that doesn't work on my iPad. Anyway, I am sure the bird will look great with their kit's wheels on.
Best regards
Andreas
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #177 on: November 15, 2018, 06:12:23 AM »
I would have bet on it, but I can't find them at the moment... Aviattic now has a dropdown menu on their homepage that only works when you browse with the PC mouse over it - and that doesn't work on my iPad. Anyway, I am sure the bird will look great with their kit's wheels on.
Best regards
Andreas

Andreas,
   I checked their site just now, the only wheels I could find were 65mm for the SPAD XIII and weighted wheels for the Gotha and AEG. I've actually substituted ones of identical size and almost identical type for this model from my spares box. I had a problem with painting the Kit ones and ruined them trying to remove the paint..... another lesson learned!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #178 on: November 15, 2018, 06:54:19 AM »
Hi Lance,
I use the 'Aviattic' wheels for my recent SPAD X.III - good product as you'd expect from Richard,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #179 on: November 15, 2018, 07:04:06 AM »
I went through my stash being sure to possess those LVG wheels and all I found were the SPAD wheels and one single pair of the Gotha wheels. Sorry for that, something went wrong with my memory; maybe I once hold  the latter ones, asking myself why I hadn’t ordered two pairs and thought „well, maybe they fit my LVG...“
Fingers crossed for a good fit of the substituted wheels!
Andreas
Barbusse.
Remarque.