Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 425610 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #2430 on: February 11, 2018, 04:04:56 AM »
TVAL has also been publishing a lot of photos of their Liberty DH4 lately! 
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Online rhwinter

« Reply #2431 on: February 11, 2018, 04:38:39 AM »
If THAT only were a hint!!!

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #2432 on: February 11, 2018, 05:13:20 AM »
We can dream, can't we?
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Online rhwinter

« Reply #2433 on: February 11, 2018, 06:50:09 AM »
We can dream, can't we?
Cheers,
Bud

Yes, we can...

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #2434 on: February 13, 2018, 10:25:37 AM »
TVAL has also been publishing a lot of photos of their Liberty DH4 lately! 
Cheers,
Bud

Agree  Amigo, even better than a Sop 1-1/2 ...

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2435 on: February 13, 2018, 08:11:28 PM »
they've got to do a DH.4 and a Be2. as far as i know these have never been kitted in 1/32, not even crudely. and they were both numerous and important.

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #2436 on: February 14, 2018, 12:35:50 AM »
I agree with you Jeff, but WnW marches to their own drum beat and we are the better for it.  Keeping my fingers crossed for Des' Be2.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2437 on: February 14, 2018, 01:02:27 AM »
I agree with you Jeff, but WnW marches to their own drum beat and we are the better for it.  Keeping my fingers crossed for Des' Be2.

neither bus would be inconsistent with the peculiar drumbeat they march to, IMO. although they do have a way of kitting a variant other than the one i want (Taube, Hannover CL.II instead of CL.IIIa, Hisso instead of Viper, etc).

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2438 on: February 14, 2018, 01:20:53 AM »
they've got to do a DH.4 and a Be2. as far as i know these have never been kitted in 1/32, not even crudely. and they were both numerous and important.

Now here is an interesting thought. What about a thread somewhere of Historically or structurally significant aircraft that were used operationally, even if the numbers produced were small, but have not been kitted in 1/32nd scale. Might narrow down the speculation to a few hundred  ::)
RAGIII

"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline rayb24

« Reply #2439 on: February 14, 2018, 03:10:46 AM »
Now here is an interesting thought. What about a thread somewhere of Historically or structurally significant aircraft that were used operationally, even if the numbers produced were small, but have not been kitted in 1/32nd scale. Might narrow down the speculation to a few hundred  ::)
RAGIII
Now that’s a good idea, aircraft can’t be in current production.   So DH4, BE2 are good and DR1 not.   That would be a good list

Ray

Offline pierrelm

« Reply #2440 on: February 14, 2018, 04:29:04 AM »

neither bus would be inconsistent with the peculiar drumbeat they march to, IMO. although they do have a way of kitting a variant other than the one i want (Taube, Hannover CL.II instead of CL.IIIa, Hisso instead of Viper, etc).

Ditto - not that it will be any consolation...
Incidentally, does anyone know what happened to the 1/32 resin pilot figures or the 'Special Edition' issues which were trailed a long, long time ago..?

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2441 on: February 14, 2018, 04:51:46 AM »
I'd really LOVE to see those special editions become reality. i'd also LOVE to see everything on my wish list in my stash. i suspect WNW and i have a similar problem: bank balance and ambitions don't quite match.

SO... i love the idea of a "perfect world, most important aircraft" thread. who knows my humble, internet server-oriented company may even make a kit some day. not because we hope to make money at it, (we won't) but just because *i* feel it should exist...

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #2442 on: February 14, 2018, 08:43:30 AM »

RAGIII
  Ok, Rick.. a very good idea...so how about a thread right here...it's still WnW wishin' and hopin' ...a machine of which only 526 ( not a huge amount) were produced and I don't think there's a 1/32 issue of it (is there?) and that's an Oeffag Albatros DIII...pretty structurally significant in that Oeffag strengthened the lower wing ridding the V-strutter of its infamous wing failures....and think of the color schemes they sported. I'd get one, you bet.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline Iancshippee

« Reply #2443 on: February 14, 2018, 09:36:29 AM »
To my knowledge, no Avro 504 variant has been kitted in 1/32, and it’s inarguably a significant aircraft. The only issue with that particular aircraft, though I love it dearly, is that the landing gear legs are tremendously thin, which would present some significant challenges to mold one strong enough to support its own weight. I’d love to see one someday, but it’ll take some challenging engineering to make it work.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #2444 on: February 14, 2018, 10:05:59 AM »
Every time Wingnuts announce a new kit I'm hoping it'll be a Be2c.... or a Sopwith Baby.... or a DH5...an Avro 504K would be especially welcome...but I'm delighted with the Junkers D.1 too! .... then again an Oeffag Albatros DIII would find a ready home with my other WnW kits.

We are becoming spoiled for choice gentlemen!

Dave W
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com