Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 429050 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #2445 on: February 14, 2018, 10:22:02 AM »

"We are becoming spoiled for choice gentlemen!"

I couldn't agree more Dave. I just browsed through my Windsock for the Spring of 2009 when it's cover read "4 Stunning new 1:32 Kits from Wingnut Wings"
   Think for a moment about the choice you had in 1:32 Scale until then folks, ......... and don't worry, just be happy! :) :) :)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline James

Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #2446 on: February 14, 2018, 10:34:29 AM »
I'm still holding out hope for a Friedrichshafen G.III to complete the trio of German bombers.
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline rayb24

« Reply #2447 on: February 14, 2018, 11:57:35 AM »
I'm still holding out hope for a Friedrichshafen G.III to complete the trio of German bombers.
No Zeppelin Staaken?   Although you’d need a second mortgage to afford one.
Ray

Offline James

Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #2448 on: February 15, 2018, 12:42:05 AM »
No Zeppelin Staaken?   Although you’d need a second mortgage to afford one.
Ray

A Zeppelin Staaken would be cool, and I would love one. Yep, I would need a second mortgage as well. However, a Friedrichshafen G.III would complete the trio of German bombers that were used quite a bit.
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2449 on: February 15, 2018, 01:17:59 AM »
they've got to do a DH.4 and a Be2. as far as i know these have never been kitted in 1/32, not even crudely. and they were both numerous and important.

Now here is an interesting thought. What about a thread somewhere of Historically or structurally significant aircraft that were used operationally, even if the numbers produced were small, but have not been kitted in 1/32nd scale. Might narrow down the speculation to a few hundred  ::)
RAGIII
  Ok, Rick.. a very good idea...so how about a thread right here...it's still WnW wishin' and hopin' ...a machine of which only 526 ( not a huge amount) were produced and I don't think there's a 1/32 issue of it (is there?) and that's an Oeffag Albatros DIII...pretty structurally significant in that Oeffag strengthened the lower wing ridding the V-strutter of its infamous wing failures....and think of the color schemes they sported. I'd get one, you bet.

A great choice but it actually was done,(POORLY), by Battle Axe  ::) That being said so was the Fokker EIII which WNW did choose to do.  Not in production for a very long time so I say it should count  8) Some additions of Mine:
Sopwith 1 1/2 strutter
Sopwith Baby
Sopwith Tabloid
Bregeut 14
SPAD XII
BE12
Roland DII
Halberstadt DII and DIII
Albatros CIII, and the remaining Albatros C series
I am sure I will think of MORE!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2450 on: February 15, 2018, 02:39:07 AM »
for the OEFFAG D.III, if WNW doesn't get to it before i'm ready, i'll convert a Roden D.III and use a Copper State engine. i nearly pulled the trigger on the Battle Axe kit on ebay... then i read about it.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2451 on: February 15, 2018, 03:04:19 AM »
A Zeppelin Staaken would be cool, and I would love one. Yep, I would need a second mortgage as well. However, a Friedrichshafen G.III would complete the trio of German bombers that were used quite a bit.

should they release a beast like the Zeppelin Staaken (or my fav, the Ilya Mouromets)... it is worth noting that there is substantial scientific evidence that prolonged fasting is really, really good for one's health.

Offline rayb24

« Reply #2452 on: February 15, 2018, 12:33:29 PM »
A great choice but it actually was done,(POORLY), by Battle Axe  ::) That being said so was the Fokker EIII which WNW did choose to do.  Not in production for a very long time so I say it should count  8) Some additions of Mine:
Sopwith 1 1/2 strutter
Sopwith Baby
Sopwith Tabloid
Bregeut 14
SPAD XII
BE12
Roland DII
Halberstadt DII and DIII
RAGIII
With the addition of the DH4 and BE2 C and E, I’m going with your list...I’d be covered for 20 years at my build rate. With the Tabloid you’d have a Schneider with not much difficulty.

Ray

Offline Softscience

« Reply #2453 on: February 15, 2018, 01:33:21 PM »
Some additions of Mine:
Sopwith 1 1/2 strutter
Sopwith Baby
Sopwith Tabloid
Bregeut 14
SPAD XII
BE12
Roland DII
Halberstadt DII and DIII
RAGIII

Good choices, Rick.

I would love to see a 1.5 Strutter. Quite a bit of options, would make it easy for WnW to do a limited run and then release the various other options (comic fighter, French version, etc.).

I'd also love to see more Pre-1916 stuff. Maybe a Voisin III or an early BE2.

But most of all, I hope they rerelease the Sopwith pup and RE8.

oh please please please, Peter Jackson. I'll even watch parts 2 and 3 of your lame Hobbit movie.

Offline macsporran

« Reply #2454 on: February 15, 2018, 06:29:21 PM »
I can't see the WNW line-up without an Albatros scout for long, so here's suggesting a forthcoming release might be a Duellist offering with the RE 8: hopefully one where the disadvantaged good guys come out on top and the f**ker with the black crosses bites the dust.
Maybe Sharples and O`Callaghan shooting down Dostler? (I think that was an Alb?)
S

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2455 on: February 15, 2018, 08:47:59 PM »
I can't see the WNW line-up without an Albatros scout for long, so here's suggesting a forthcoming release might be a Duellist offering with the RE 8: hopefully one where the disadvantaged good guys come out on top and the f**ker with the black crosses bites the dust.
Maybe Sharples and O`Callaghan shooting down Dostler? (I think that was an Alb?)
S
that would be a worthy duelist pairing... however i'd slightly prefer the Re.8 get reincarnated with Pithey and Rhodes shooting down a Pfalz. i also cling to the dream that they'll drop a Gotha and a Pup in a box and call 'em duellists.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #2456 on: February 15, 2018, 09:02:44 PM »
SE.5a + DR.1 Duelist makes sense to me. Both being involved in one of the greatest aerial dogfights of any war.

Make it happen, Sir Peter! You know it makes sense  ;D

von B

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2457 on: February 15, 2018, 09:20:29 PM »
The way to do it : F.1 separate bowing with markings from all the vast number of F.1s, bring back the Hisso in a 56th squadron 3 pack,and a duelists edition with a red Dr.1, and a doghouse.

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #2458 on: February 16, 2018, 02:55:56 AM »
SE.5a + DR.1 Duelist makes sense to me. Both being involved in one of the greatest aerial dogfights of any war.

Make it happen, Sir Peter! You know it makes sense  ;D

von B

The last flight of Werner Voss.  I have it hanging on my wall in lithograph form.  Would it not make for a great triple release with a Fokker F.1 and two (2) Se.5a's featuring markings of James McCudden and Arthur Rys Davids.
Honor Necessity

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #2459 on: February 16, 2018, 05:35:33 AM »
It would indeed. I can only dream of the F.1 / DR.1 / SE5.a groupie. Dreaming is about as real as it gets  ;D

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith