Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 425607 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« on: October 02, 2013, 11:06:42 AM »
It's October so time for the annual speculation on what new gems Wingnut Wings will surprise us with in time for Christmas  :)

Any time from now to mid November is a prime release window for them so who's guessing what we will get and most of all, what unannounced surprise kit will they launch this year?

One of my picks for a surprise release is a Fokker E.V/ D.VIII, simply because the Vintage Aviator has made one and everything TVAL does seems to become a WNW kit too. Just guesswork, but if true add a Be2c into the mix!!  :)

Having just started a 1/48th DH.5 kit I just know Wingnuts will now produce a 1/32 scale version!

Anybody want to venture a guess on the 2013 releases?

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 11:52:32 AM »
This time of year is always very exciting when it comes to Wingnuts. Bearing in mind that next year is the anniversary of the start of WW1 they could be holding back on a few kits to release them as an anniversary special, but my thoughts for this year are as follows.

Salmson 2-A2 -  very much on the cards as being released this year.

Bristol fighter (late) - just a revamped kit but new all the same

DH.9a (late) - another revamped kit

Fokker E.I and E.IV - been talked about for quite a while so could be possible for this year.

The AEG and a Sopwith Camel should be next year, I hope.

I have no idea if there will be a surprise kit this year, if there is one I don't have a clue what it could be, maybe the long awaited figures. I would dearly love to see a Be.2.

Whatever Wingnuts release this year the kits will be greeted with great enthusiasm and multiple purchases will ensue.

Des.

Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 12:14:03 PM »
Well, if the surprise kit is a Dolphin, I'm in.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

mike in calif

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 12:57:30 PM »
 A Junkers D-1 would be an interesting addition to the family, as would a Fokker D VIII. A BE-2 would be interesting; have lots of wires and be green.

Offline Tony Haycock

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 03:06:07 PM »
A BE2 would be on it's way here so fast the box would catch fire!

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 03:37:23 PM »
Maybe they will surprise us all by offering the figures that are announced to be "under development" since WNW started business!?

Stefan

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 06:31:27 PM »
Fokker DR.1
 ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Dave in Dubai

• Beyond the blue horizon
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 06:37:51 PM »
I guess they will release the Salmson, the DH-9. ( Late), and one other surprise....as they did with the Hannover last year.
I guess the surprise will be ....a  &@#%€$!

I look for clues in Ronny Bar's profiles website, as he has done all of the profiles for the WNW instruction booklets up till now...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 09:31:05 PM by Dave in Dubai »

Offline FokkerFodder

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 06:38:30 PM »
I'd love another seaplane, like a Short Admiralty Type 184....

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 06:54:33 PM »
Commercially, I can't see the logic of not having the ones that would appeal most to the mass market - Dr.1/Camel/Nieuport 17/28 etc.

It would also draw more people in to try the more eclectic aircraft. As much as they have to be praised for their non-conformity - a 1/32 Gotha bomber instead of a Fokker Triplane is just an odd decision commercially. I'd be interested to see the overall sales figures - I'd stake a bet on the D.VII selling many more times over the sales of an AEG/Gotha..

I'm sure us guys love the less common aircraft - but we can hardly be described as a large community? We're kind of a niche market..

But maybe they're not in it for the money?

Ps this isn't a criticism of Wingnuts - just an observation!

Guy

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:59:23 PM by Gisbod »
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Steven Robson

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 07:40:47 PM »
I'm with Oberleutnant Buckles and Captain Gisbod on this one.

Please let it be a Fokker DR.1 (get out your red paint) or a Nieuport 17.

Anyone have a photo of a captured Nieuport?

« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 05:39:49 AM by Steven Robson »
Make Otto your motto for lovely spoked wheels.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 10:14:39 PM »
Roland C.II & Halb CL.II are both screaming to be depicted in this scale. The Roland is such a cool looking plane with many interesting schemes. Fisch scale decals! Same goes for the Halby, think of the fun doing the spatter camo!

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 11:02:43 PM »
Look, I know that there's absolutely no hope whatsoever and everyone is making super, much more realistic and commercially viable suggestions ... but just humour me. I would love to see a Farman MF.7 Longhorn or the MF.11 Shorthorn. We're covering the first year of warfare here, and so such epic encounters as Mons and the Marne, and the transition from unarmed to armed aircraft.

There. That feels better. Best go and lie down again!

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 12:36:37 AM »
I'd wager that those fellows like myself who are casual WWI builders are always pleased when WnW releases one of the more well known aircraft. In my humble opinion, I think WnW have done a good job thus far in catering to those who build nothing but WWI and those of us who are dipping their toes in the water, so to speak.

From my perspective, I hope they release a Camel, Dr.I, Nieuport etc., interspersed with more exotic aircraft that will appeal to the dyed in the wool WWI modeller. We all get what appeals to us in that manner, and with the more well known aircraft kitted, hopefully that will go some distance in attracting new blood to the hobby.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Ssasho0

• Scale Models Club Bulgaria
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 02:27:48 AM »
Any Taube will be absolutely fantastic! I suppose this is happening just in my dreams thou
Think globally, act locally!