Author Topic: Drooling Bulldog's status?  (Read 2477 times)

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
Drooling Bulldog's status?
« on: March 08, 2020, 04:13:20 AM »
Just attempted to access Drooling Bulldog's website and got an error message indicating the website did not exist.  Then over on facebook is a message that is worded in such a way as to suggest that Drooling Bulldog out of business.  Anyone know what is up for sure?

https://www.facebook.com/Drooling-Bulldog-655948547776521/
Honor Necessity

Offline WD

Re: Drooling Bulldog's status?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 09:30:08 AM »
I surely hope not!  I was going to try and order some this year.

WD

Offline WD

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 09:37:53 AM »
Eric,
       I was just there, and the website is up: https://drooling-bulldog.webnode.cz/

WD

Offline Eric Armstrong

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 09:54:40 AM »
That's good to know.  Earlier I did a google search and the address that was shown was apparently an old or out-of-date address that "does not exist".
Honor Necessity

Offline the great waldo

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 12:55:18 AM »
Just attempted to access Drooling Bulldog's website and got an error message indicating the website did not exist.  Then over on facebook is a message that is worded in such a way as to suggest that Drooling Bulldog out of business.  Anyone know what is up for sure?

https://www.facebook.com/Drooling-Bulldog-655948547776521/

Hi Eric
According to that link on facebook you sent it looks like he's stopped production end of 2019, he probably hasn't updated his website.
Cheers
Andrew

Offline ondra

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2020, 06:12:15 PM »
Hi everybody,

originally I missed this thread somehow, so many thanks for the heads up to Eric.

Please find here my translation of the owner's message on the current status of Drooling Bulldog:

Dear modellers,

due to a change to trade conditions and production conditions, I had to terminate the comercial activity of Drooling Bulldog, as the price of the paints started exceeding reasonable limits. However, as Bulldog has never been a comercial project, I will try to create one more batch. In order to decrease the costs, paints will be shipped in acrylic glass phials without polygraphic stickers. E-shop is currently available under this address: https://drooling-bulldog.webnode.cz/ and the ordering formular is still functional. If you have serious interest on ordering, please place your orders as soon as possible, as currently I am creating an order for materials from Sweden (this is my source of pigments). The processing should take 2 weeks at the most, please be patient, I will process all orders as quickly as possible. Thanks for your loyalty, sincerely yours Bulldog

Cheers

Ondra

Offline Eric Armstrong

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 12:44:03 AM »
That explains the sudden shift of the web page from the old address to the new address.  So I take it that Drooling Bulldog is still active and a going concern, but is taking orders differently than before so as to keep costs down.
Honor Necessity

Offline the great waldo

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 09:50:19 AM »
That explains the sudden shift of the web page from the old address to the new address.  So I take it that Drooling Bulldog is still active and a going concern, but is taking orders differently than before so as to keep costs down.
Hi Eric

If you read what he writes he says he will make one more batch. I think after that it's the end of the line.

Cheers

Andrew

Offline James

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 02:40:43 AM »
Was wondering how many bottle/bottles of Pfalz Silbergrau - Drooling Bulldog would one need for two Wingnut Wings Pfalz D.IIIa's?

Thanks,
James
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline FokkerFodder

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2020, 05:09:44 PM »
Hi James - I just did one (but wings lozenge) and it barely seems to have made a dent in the bottle so one  bottle should be plenty for 2 even with wings. I really like this paint and it’s a shame it’s ending. Cheers Matt

Offline James

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2020, 10:03:18 PM »
Thank you so much Matt, that is very helpful and greatly appreciated...

James
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline Eric Armstrong

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2020, 03:12:14 PM »
Hold everything.  The rumors of Drooling Bulldog's demise may have been premature.  It appears that the community of WWI modellers have come through and made it possible for Sergey Mertens to extend the existence of Drooling Bulldog paint.  This direct quote from the man himself on his facebook page on April 17:

"Dear Friends! I have already received messages from you that you are receiving parcels! I am very glad that we can continue. I apologize for ordering, had to work in extreme conditions and very quickly, as I did not know what the situation at the borders would be. Looks like I found the best solution for sending paints, I hope you 'll be satisfied. I hold old paint prices for you, but i had to give up amber glass, labels and advertising... But I 'm sure you 're not buying bulldog paint because of advertising, they don 't need it anymore. These paints have no competition. As long as I have the opportunity to purchase the necessary materials for production, you can always contact me. Thank you for your understanding and patience, but most importantly for your support of Bulldog colorful project. This World needs more colours! King Regards Sergey"

With all of the bad news lately surrounding the COVID19 pandemic's impact on our hobby, this is some good news.  These paints are fantastic.
Honor Necessity