Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 425774 times)

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #2415 on: December 12, 2017, 05:52:48 PM »
Agreed I like the fact they do what they want. That has made our small group of modellers very happy way more often than not.

I also love the surprise just before Christmas. Kind of makes you nostalgic to when you were a kid and you saw the brand new model in the hobby store, of course now its not your parents you bug, its SWMBO lol...

Ray
Yes, I agree with Ray. Since many years the chrismas release makes me curious what is coming up. Makes me feel like a little kid.
Manni

That is so much true! Christmas, though deep and rich as it is on its own, is thus even more special. Feeling like a child again.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline macsporran

« Reply #2416 on: December 12, 2017, 10:11:04 PM »
I really don't mind what they release next, as I've got what I wanted and my first Dolphin is on order with Black Mike models.   8) 8) 8)

However, it would be nice if they filled in some of the variants of existing releases - Viper SE5a, SE5, Pfalz DIII, DH4, FE2d, Salamander, Gotha GIII, ....

Also, if the Pfalz DIIIa is selling out, this would make a satisfying Duellist release with the RE8!

Having said that, a Sopwith Strutter is surely on the cards, along with an Albatros two seater and a Halberstadt or two?
Happy Sandy
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 05:55:33 PM by macsporran »

Offline mgunns

« Reply #2417 on: December 13, 2017, 11:56:03 AM »
I like the fact that Wingnut Wings are secretive about what they have planned and what is in the pipeline. Prevents a great deal of angst, hand-wringing, second-guessing and even badgering from their customer base. I think if they listened to others they wouldn’t have created models like the Dolphin, Junkers, AEG, etc.

Looking forward to the surprises that await.

I don't know about you, but I witnessed a whole lot of angst, hand wringing, second guessing and whining on the WNW Facebook page when the Dolphin was announced because "modelers" didn't get what they either wanted or longed for.  I would never have suspected that adults could whine the way they did on the Facebook site. 
It's too bad that our (U.S.) intelligence services don't have the security that WNW has.   I too like that WNW keeps their upcoming releases "close to the chest," as it keeps the modeler interested and willing to buy what is released.  Knowing that the kits are a limited run, keeps interst and buying high while providing value to the modeler. 
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Online RAGIII

« Reply #2418 on: December 22, 2017, 10:37:37 PM »
Let the Speculation begin again  ::) An "In Development" release to be announced at Nuremburg. Has it been 9 pages since I mentioned the Obereusel URII front on the Lehrone sprue? So as stated before this brings the DR1, and EV to mind. I have forgotten one other in past statements that used this engine, the Fokker DVI. What I am not expecting is a Strutter, since two of the last three have been Sopwith aircraft. I would love to see a BE12  :o What I really think is something in the way of a multi place German aircraft. We shall see in a couple of Months.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Black Max 72

« Reply #2419 on: February 03, 2018, 09:34:44 AM »
Now that the cat's out of the bag with the Junkers D.1, I guess I'll begin the speculation about the next release. I know it's been long  speculated since the beginning of this thread but I for one would now love to see the BE2 series released, I think some of the talented modellers on this forum could pull off a wonderful group build in honour of Des, I think he would love that.
On a personal level, I would love to see the Martinsyde G100/102. Not a very famous aircraft but it does have a rather elegant look to it, to my eye anyway. And (for me) it has an Aussie connection with it's use in Palestine with 1 Squadron AFC. If you had asked me before the Junkers release as to whether WNW would produce anything as obscure as the Martinsyde, I think I would've laughed, but now... :o Who knows?

Dave Rickard
Rockhampton QLD

Online RAGIII

« Reply #2420 on: February 03, 2018, 11:49:19 AM »
Now that the cat's out of the bag with the Junkers D.1, I guess I'll begin the speculation about the next release. I know it's been long  speculated since the beginning of this thread but I for one would now love to see the BE2 series released, I think some of the talented modellers on this forum could pull off a wonderful group build in honour of Des, I think he would love that.
On a personal level, I would love to see the Martinsyde G100/102. Not a very famous aircraft but it does have a rather elegant look to it, to my eye anyway. And (for me) it has an Aussie connection with it's use in Palestine with 1 Squadron AFC. If you had asked me before the Junkers release as to whether WNW would produce anything as obscure as the Martinsyde, I think I would've laughed, but now... :o Who knows?

Dave Rickard
Rockhampton QLD

I was thinking along similar lines. WHEN WNW releases a BE2 I will be all in for a GB in Honor of Des. Even if it is years from now in some other place! I am saddened that WNW did not produce  the one Model he has looked for, for  years.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline krow113

« Reply #2421 on: February 03, 2018, 01:30:35 PM »
Too bad......
Reading about the BE2 , it has some unique history with Hawker losing his life in one , we may just see it.
I'm a little underwhelmed by the D1 kit , I think they may be gonna hit us with a real corker next.
0/400...

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2422 on: February 03, 2018, 02:23:31 PM »
in Des' honor i will now say BE2 rather than DH.4 when it's speculation time.

Lanoe Hawker flew BE2s quite a bit early on, but lost his life in a DH.2. MvR shot him down.

Offline krow113

« Reply #2423 on: February 03, 2018, 03:34:48 PM »
in Des' honor i will now say BE2 rather than DH.4 when it's speculation time.

Lanoe Hawker flew BE2s quite a bit early on, but lost his life in a DH.2. MvR shot him down.

yes correct , thanks for that

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #2424 on: February 05, 2018, 06:53:13 AM »
Be2 for Des, but perhaps a Sop 1-1/2...

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline OEFFAG 153

• Just another Wingnutter
    • Terfors Creative
« Reply #2425 on: February 10, 2018, 11:24:04 PM »
Anyone here think WnW will hit us with a surprise on April 21 2018? Something with three wings that (sometimes) comes in red...?  ;D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 11:28:52 PM by OEFFAG 153 »
Building the WnW Hansa W.12 and Junkers D.1.

Offline Syd Solo

« Reply #2426 on: February 10, 2018, 11:40:17 PM »
Anyone here think WnW will hit us with a surprise on April 21 2018? Something with three wings that (sometimes) comes in red...?  ;D
That thought had occurred to me, also. That date is, of course, the centenary commemoration of the event in question. Or Perhaps it’s just wishful thinking...

Cheers

Syd

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #2427 on: February 11, 2018, 12:07:21 AM »

No, I don‘t think so.

Offline macsporran

« Reply #2428 on: February 11, 2018, 12:17:02 AM »
Hope not.
Using the logic that we shouldn't have a Junkers D.I because there were only 40 built, how do we justify a gazillion models of the Sopwith Triplane copy when only 320 of them were built!!!

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2429 on: February 11, 2018, 02:50:38 AM »

Nope, don't think so........
    TVAL have (2?) BE.2's I believe and that's my bet for their next release, it's long "over due".       ...... and I believe that pretty decent Roden DR.1 is still available.
Cheers,
Lance