Author Topic: Exclusive look at the new Wingnuts kit  (Read 20167 times)

Online macsporran

Re: Exclusive look at the new Wingnuts kit
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2018, 05:18:35 AM »
Richard,
     Ahhh, "The Big Show", a real favorite of mine. I still have the copy I first read at 14 years old, it's in pretty sad shape but I treasure it.
Cheers,
Lance

I treasure my copy of Winged Victory (1934 1st Edition 2nd imprint) so much that I've locked it away in a grip seal bag in a dark corner of my bookcase. The book is dear to me  :)

vB

That's no way to treat a book - take it out and read it!

I do, but in Kindle form.  :o :)

vB

Ohhhh, we used to dream of reading it on a Kindle. Woulda been like a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotten fish dumped on us. Kindle? Hmmph!

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2018, 05:28:59 AM »
Kindle! I had to read book through dirty window of local library - in t' rain
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline petrov27

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2018, 05:32:06 AM »

Ohhhh, we used to dream of reading it on a Kindle. Woulda been like a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotten fish dumped on us. Kindle? Hmmph!

You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out

But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.....

:)
-Patrick

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2018, 06:12:40 AM »
Huh - Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoe box at twelve o'clock at night, and lick the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for four pence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2018, 06:45:42 AM »
Luxury.....
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Online rhwinter

« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2018, 04:21:38 PM »
HAHAHA, that's the spirit!
(I‘ll go see John Cleese at the end of the month: „Last chance to see me before I die“..)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2018, 01:26:54 AM »
Interesting and colourful release which once again proves WNW will walk their own path!!

Steve

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2018, 01:45:00 AM »
Interesting and colourful release which once again proves WNW will walk their own path!!

Steve

Agree 100% with Steve.  There is still hope for all our wishes.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2018, 04:10:20 AM »
...and you need a Kindle to read the instructions...   ::) ;D

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2018, 05:04:59 AM »
   I just tallied the numbers for fun; if you assume that Wingnut Wings Kit Inventory List is a pattern they follow there are 19 individual Kit Numbers open up to 32075, the last of the single kit offerings so far. That's a lot of modelling of itself and, judging by the quality of product to date, a lot of very fine modelling! We've got it very good these days!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2018, 08:47:45 AM »
   I just tallied the numbers for fun; if you assume that Wingnut Wings Kit Inventory List is a pattern they follow there are 19 individual Kit Numbers open up to 32075, the last of the single kit offerings so far. That's a lot of modelling of itself and, judging by the quality of product to date, a lot of very fine modelling! We've got it very good these days!
Cheers,
Lance

Just like a Global Monitor: always looking out for the morale of the troops!  ;D   8)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2018, 01:41:52 PM »
This release is a disappointment for me.

As others have said, the airplane is very similar to at least 3 other WNW kits I can think of, one of which I have built (LVG) and one of which is in my stash (Hannover).

The steady pummeling of German aircraft we have received from WNW is getting a little ridiculous.

I wish someone would tell Peter Jackson that France and Italy, among other countries, also built airplanes that flew in WWI.

Wish they would branch out into some new and interesting territory.

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2018, 05:46:53 PM »

As others have said, the airplane is very similar to at least 3 other WNW kits I can think of, one of which I have built (LVG) and one of which is in my stash (Hannover).

The steady pummeling of German aircraft we have received from WNW is getting a little ridiculous.

I wish someone would tell Peter Jackson that France and Italy, among other countries, also built airplanes that flew in WWI.

Almost like the top man at WNW likes these aeroplanes and chooses what kits to produce on a personal whim

Oh, wait...

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline Borsos

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2018, 09:58:27 PM »

THESE DAMNED KRAUTS!
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2018, 10:27:54 PM »
Well, this might be a blinding glimpse of the obvious, but when I skim through the list of kitsets on the WNW website, the only one that is not oriented to the RFC/RAF and the Imperial German Air Service is the French Salmson 2-A2. No Nieuports, SPADs or Hanriots, no Morane-Saulniers, Phonix or Ansaldos.

As Ringelheim said, "I wish someone would tell Peter Jackson that France and Italy, among other countries, also built airplanes that flew in WWI." Well said!  8)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."