Author Topic: Exclusive look at the new Wingnuts kit  (Read 20096 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: Exclusive look at the new Wingnuts kit
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2018, 11:20:22 PM »
This release is a disappointment for me.

As others have said, the airplane is very similar to at least 3 other WNW kits I can think of, one of which I have built (LVG) and one of which is in my stash (Hannover).

The steady pummeling of German aircraft we have received from WNW is getting a little ridiculous.

I wish someone would tell Peter Jackson that France and Italy, among other countries, also built airplanes that flew in WWI.

Wish they would branch out into some new and interesting territory.

Almost like the top man at WNW likes these aeroplanes and chooses what kits to produce on a personal whim

Oh, wait...

Richard

;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2018, 11:36:42 PM »
This release is a disappointment for me.

As others have said, the airplane is very similar to at least 3 other WNW kits I can think of, one of which I have built (LVG) and one of which is in my stash (Hannover).

The steady pummeling of German aircraft we have received from WNW is getting a little ridiculous.

I wish someone would tell Peter Jackson that France and Italy, among other countries, also built airplanes that flew in WWI.

Wish they would branch out into some new and interesting territory.

I understand your Disappointment but personally I think the release has been well received by most 1/32nd Modelers. As far as I am concerned Let WNW stick with British and German aircraft. More room for Copper State and Special Hobbies to do French and other countries without worries of being crushed by a WNW release  ::) We do have a Nieuport 17 due out this year that looks to be SPECTACULAR by Copper State!
RAGIII

Offline Borsos

« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2018, 03:40:33 AM »
... I would support every producer that releases e. g. a Farman F. 40, a MF. 11bis, a Voisin III-X, a Morane Saulnier P or BB or a Caudron G. IV in 1/32. i even would open a bottle of Champagne.  I think one reason for seeing them not kitted so far by WNW is their orientation towards modelling beginners. They even advertise their rerelease of the Albatros D. V with the words „ Relatively simple rigging„. This is the first information they give after the measurements of the model. And all the mentioned pushers or lattice tails respectively are in no way „Relatively simple rigging“. I didn’t give up hope that CSM would release their fantastic Caudron G. IV in 1/32. Edgar, can you hear me...?
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Dave in Dubai

• Beyond the blue horizon
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2018, 04:31:30 AM »
http://scalemodels.ru/news/12846-anons-Wingnut-Wings-1-32-Halberstadt-CL-II.html

A few more photographs of the new Halberstadt CL.II here for those who want more ...

I am already planning ‘Brünhilde’ with the crew loading up their “potato-mashers”, courtesy of the figures already released by Copperstate Models.

But how to acheive that unique paint finish on the fuselage.....will Wingnut Wings give us decals for this?

You’ll have to wait and see.

Three cheers for Sir Peter Jackson and WNW! :)

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2018, 04:53:01 AM »
    Thanks for these photos Dave. There's some great details here. The details on the upper wing center section are very impressive and I notice both the LMG 08 and the Parabellum appear to have more detail then the usual renderings of them, open vents for example unless they are the PE barrels painted to blend in with the rest of the Kit? It looks like a great Kit, a "must have" on my list. :)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Borsos

« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2018, 05:07:26 AM »

But how to acheive that unique paint finish on the fuselage.....will Wingnut Wings give us decals for this?

You’ll have to wait and see.

Three cheers for Sir Peter Jackson and WNW! :)

Airbrushing a "lozenge" fuselage and then sponge dipping grey or ocre over it...
Borsos
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Dave in Dubai

• Beyond the blue horizon
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2018, 05:11:36 AM »
Thanks Borsos, that fuselage has been restored and repainted from it’s original state, although it looks similar to period photographs of other machines.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2018, 05:58:37 AM »
That’s true, but here’s how Mirage solved the problem for their 1/48 Halberstadts. For me it looks quite the same like the Krakiw pic above:
Barbusse.
Remarque.

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2018, 03:50:02 PM »
... I would support every producer that releases e. g. a Farman F. 40, a MF. 11bis, a Voisin III-X, a Morane Saulnier P or BB or a Caudron G. IV in 1/32. i even would open a bottle of Champagne.  I think one reason for seeing them not kitted so far by WNW is their orientation towards modelling beginners. They even advertise their rerelease of the Albatros D. V with the words „ Relatively simple rigging„. This is the first information they give after the measurements of the model. And all the mentioned pushers or lattice tails respectively are in no way „Relatively simple rigging“. I didn’t give up hope that CSM would release their fantastic Caudron G. IV in 1/32. Edgar, can you hear me...?
Borsos

Andreas... Edgar was on the EME in Lingen and he told me that something very nice in 1/32 is coming.
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2018, 03:55:22 PM »
„Andreas... Edgar was on the EME in Lingen and he told me that something very nice in 1/32 is coming.“

This sounds VERY promising to me!!

Offline Borsos

« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2018, 10:52:52 PM »
„Andreas... Edgar was on the EME in Lingen and he told me that something very nice in 1/32 is coming.“

This sounds VERY promising to me!!

Oh yes, it does for me too! Thanks for the info, Manni!
Andreas
Barbusse.
Remarque.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2018, 11:10:31 PM »
Borsos

I agree Andreas, especially about the Morane P It would fit in quite nicely with the Nieuport 17s for my Lafayette Escadrille collection!
RAGIII

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2018, 01:36:40 AM »
Looking at the quality of the renders and images of Copper States up and coming Nieuports I don't feel they have any worries about being crushed by a WNW release at all. i'm anticipating getting my mitts one one asap.  It would be nice to think WNW may have been open enough with Copper State to advise what they might plan on releasing and whats in the pipeline. 

It's not as if the market is swamped with high end kit providers in our niche and the idea of them co-operating so as not to tread on each others toes must make sense???

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline Olieslagers

« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2018, 04:35:32 AM »
Anything from WNW is always welcome, but I was hoping for something Italian or French like a Hanriot. I just got the Junkers D.1 and waiting for the 1/35 Holt tractor from Roden so I will pass on this one. One must stay within budget!

Offline petrov27

« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2018, 07:46:09 AM »
I do feel a WNW Hanriot is likely at some point - Jackson does own a full size HD1 so I wouldn't be surprised if he would like a 1/32 version on his shelf :)
-Patrick