Author Topic: Why will you buy, or not buy, the new Wingnut Wings Junkers D.1?  (Read 11291 times)

Offline James

Why will you buy, or not buy, the new Wingnut Wings Junkers D.1?
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2018, 02:49:48 AM »
For me, it's at the wrong end of the war, I much prefer the early 'planes. It has no romance about it, it isn't a famous aeroplane, it isn't a reliable old slogger like the BE2, it isn't a quirky failure and there are plenty of those

The thing that is interesting is how WNW have represented so much of the internal structure. The rib framing for instance

So, not an interesting aeroplane, might be an interesting kit to present, can't feel my hand going into my pocket

Richard

Agree 100% Richard. It's an ugly aircraft and I too don't care too much for late war aircraft. I would rather have early war aircraft or a Friedrichshafen G.III.

James Sontag
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Online macsporran

Re: Why will you buy, or not buy, the new Wingnut Wings Junkers D.1?
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2018, 06:04:53 AM »
Okay, so some of you/us aren't interested in this aeroplane while some are.

Me, I will never buy the Taube as it holds no appeal - but I am happy for those whose boats are floated by the extremely early stuff.

I can't believe my luck after getting a Dolphin that PJ has also kitted my next wishlist choice, the radical Junkers monoplane. I thought myself lucky to get a Blue Max one, back in my 1/48 days, last millennium - and I ask that the non-believers are as happy for me with the forthcoming WNW release, as I will be for them if they get a Friederichshaven or whatever, (which will never occupy space on my shelves).
Live and let live, chaps.
S

Offline James

Why will you buy, or not buy, the new Wingnut Wings Junkers D.1?
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2018, 06:13:28 AM »
Okay, so some of you/us aren't interested in this aeroplane while some are.

Me, I will never buy the Taube as it holds no appeal - but I am happy for those whose boats are floated by the extremely early stuff.

I can't believe my luck after getting a Dolphin that PJ has also kitted my next wishlist choice, the radical Junkers monoplane. I thought myself lucky to get a Blue Max one, back in my 1/48 days, last millennium - and I ask that the non-believers are as happy for me with the forthcoming WNW release, as I will be for them if they get a Friederichshaven or whatever, (which will never occupy space on my shelves).
Live and let live, chaps.
S

Well said, my friend. We all have different tastes, and I'm happy for everyone who wanted a Dolphin or Junkers D.1 and to top it off for them, Wingnut Wings did them. Couldn't get better than that. Myself, the Taube will be cool and I want one. It would be a boring world if we all liked or disliked the same thing/things.

James Sontag
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2018, 08:56:06 AM »
No, everyone MUST like what IIIII like so IIII get EVERYTHING IIII want.....me me me....me me.....

...the oldest 21st century teenager.....
Steve ;)

Offline Modelnut

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2018, 09:22:25 AM »
You can't please everyone. Over on another forum people have been demanding a 1/350 scale Klingon K'Tinga from Star Trek. One is getting released and it looks great. Now people are griping its too big and are now moaning for a 1/1000 scale version.
The internet is fun sometimes.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2018, 10:37:59 AM »
Personally, I'm grateful for any WWI subject produced by any company in any scale.  We all remember when these kits were as rare as hens' teeth.  Now we're spoiled.  I used to build 1/48 scale exclusively, but now I've built 3 WNW kits and am working on a 4th.  Still no 1/72 scale, but who knows.  I've also never built armor before, but I'm close to finishing the CSM Lanchester.  I want to support their endeavor.  If sales are good, there will be more.  So, yeah.  Not crazy about this release, but I'm warming to the idea of buying one.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2018, 04:24:12 PM »
The Taube and Junkers really anchor the war’s beginning and end. I have a Taube. I will be getting a Junkers.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2018, 05:43:45 PM »
I made a Roden 1/48th Junkers and liked its clunky appearance. The Wingnuts Junkers is a must-have and would make a perfect candidate for some speculative 'what if?" post WW1 steampunk scenarios too. Well done Wingnuts!

cheers

Dave W
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2018, 06:02:03 AM »
It's a cool aircraft and (imho) from a technical standpoint an important one, but were I to buy a WNW model it would be a Dolphin :)

Offline Olieslagers

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2018, 07:25:31 AM »
Yes, definitively. Already pre-ordered it. Not my favorite but interesting and without the ringing will be a quicker build.

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2018, 05:09:41 PM »
It's an interesting plane for many reasons...  But it ain't very pretty.  Got it's best service record flying for the Freikorps.  I firmly put it behind everything else I must have, but before all of those things I don't want.

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline buzby

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2018, 12:13:17 AM »
D.I is not my priority so far, there are two or three other models on the wish list’s top, but finally and it will be its turn. Why? It is, after all, an important project from the period of WW1. Whether it has an elegant shape and one, two or three pairs of wings - these are not important criteria. One, not more and not immediately after release.
Unless my wife will not have another idea for a birthday gift. I don’t have much influence on it anymore.
 8)

Offline Thumbs up

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2018, 05:36:47 AM »
It's neither here or there,better in a small scale.I have the 1/72 vac form and it doe's it justice.

Offline KirkH

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2018, 04:07:45 AM »
I'll get one for a couple reasons.  First, I like obscure aircraft.  I've sort of had my fill of Camels, DrI's, Albatri, etc.  A Junkers DI represents something a little different.  Second, I'm a relative newbie at WWI models, and the DI with it's minimal rigging is something I might be able to actually complete.