Author Topic: CSM Pfalz Dr.1  (Read 21154 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: CSM Pfalz Dr.1
« Reply #225 on: September 14, 2020, 04:23:44 AM »
Thank you very much guys  :)

But I hit another snag and one which isn't very easily fit now . The left side wing sit's lower then the right side which is the correct height . So what to do about the left side and fix this  :( :o ??? ::) :-[ :-\

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline smperry

« Reply #226 on: September 14, 2020, 05:41:28 AM »
It looks like different angles of incidence more so than the panels being high and low.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #227 on: September 14, 2020, 07:43:39 AM »
Hi SP ,

I thought the same and even remove the pins from the wing and tried different angles checking the incidence and no it is the flaired in wing root sitting to low .

First thought was to saw it free but I figured that this would cause even more damage and with the fuselage walls already thin enough that idea was scraped .

After looking at it for what seemed hours I come up with and a stripe of 20 thou stock super glued in place . The basic shape was sanded and the seem filled on the top . Will that was drying the remaining resin wing root got got removed using round rotor bits . New stock was placed on the bottom and blending in . The middle wings now sit levelled to each other . ( don't mind my misbellyng  ;)

This needs to dry just a tad more clean up with some sanding and this part can get resprayed . This area will be masked off a little more on the square side . Masking tape pulled off the panel on the cowl side but that is a very easy fix .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #228 on: September 14, 2020, 07:44:02 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #229 on: September 14, 2020, 07:44:29 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #230 on: September 14, 2020, 07:45:16 AM »
Some what back on track

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Old Man

« Reply #231 on: September 14, 2020, 08:17:44 AM »
Sometimes major surgery is the only way.

Looks like it should work out.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #232 on: September 14, 2020, 10:30:00 AM »
Hi OM , yes sometimes it is the only way to go . If I had another decal set I would have strip the fuselage restarting from that point .

Okay Still moving forward I did have to replace the end of the wing on the left side . I over sanded while trying to clean up the super glue . That is als repaired and both areas have be masked and resprayed my Pfalz mix . This needs to dry and then clear coat again and I do hope that that will blend in .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Radarman

« Reply #233 on: September 14, 2020, 02:16:01 PM »
Terri,
You do amaze me with your multiple builds and ability to "roll with the punches". That's a great save.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Online RAGIII

« Reply #234 on: September 15, 2020, 05:58:23 AM »
Terri,
You do amaze me with your multiple builds and ability to "roll with the punches". That's a great save.

Kevin

Same Here Terri Old Friend! You are amazingly positive!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #235 on: September 15, 2020, 11:01:23 AM »
Hi Kevin and Rick ,

Once I settle down a bit and went back to the bench it ended up being simple and went quick which surprised me actually . The finish won't be as good , but Like I said if I had spare decals I would have striped the paint . But it is what it is and I can still move forward  ;)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Bughunter

« Reply #236 on: September 16, 2020, 05:50:10 AM »
Great that you tackled the problem right away! I would have definitely put it aside after the shock, and it would have been there for a long time.
A brutal but effective fix :o

You surprise me again!

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #237 on: September 17, 2020, 09:57:31 AM »
A few years back it would have ended back in the box rejoining other shelf queens . I did the clear coating last night but haven't check to see how that turned out yet . A wash over a few deals then it can get sealed with a satin varnish . If no other hick ups present themselves I should have this wrapped up over the weekend .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #238 on: September 17, 2020, 10:24:11 PM »
Nice save, Terri.  It never ceases to amaze me how 'off' some kits are, yet are still sold to the public.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2020, 12:30:13 PM »
Thanks Ken  :)

Some kits are really off and the worst one in my stash is Toms Model Works Pfalz D.12 . The right side of the fuselage is really shorter than the left side . The right wing root is also smaller than the left side . That is going to be a challenge indeed when it hits the bench , but it will get built  ;)

Okay after checking the outcome on the clear coating the shad just doesn't match at all  :'( I knew this was going to happen and I'm rather down on this . It looks horrible !

Anyway moving forward the next detail I need to make is the cowl retaining thingy or what ever you call it . I also test fitted the tail feathers again . I still have to drill the holes for the pins on the new root and for the wing and these can get mounted .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch