Author Topic: CSM Pfalz Dr.1  (Read 21169 times)

Offline lone modeller

Re: CSM Pfalz Dr.1
« Reply #210 on: September 09, 2020, 01:09:54 AM »
Been away over the weekend Terri so I have had a lot of catching up to do. You have really moved along with this one - and it is looking extremmely good from this angle. Never mind the mistakes - if they are not visible on a completed model, what do they matter?

Stephen.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #211 on: September 09, 2020, 02:17:23 AM »
Your Pfalz is truly lovely. The markings really bring it all together!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #212 on: September 09, 2020, 10:35:21 AM »
Thank-you Stephen and Rick  :)

Stephen , it ways it does matter to me in the in end , It showed me that some of my planning didn't work well for the next stage and I should have calculated some of the fit issues in , which I didn't . But I will say that I'm really enjoying the build so far , it has been rewarding  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #213 on: September 09, 2020, 01:48:11 PM »
Manfred would be right at home.  Looks great, Terri!

Dan

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #214 on: September 09, 2020, 09:18:36 PM »
Thanks Dan  8)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline FAf

« Reply #215 on: September 10, 2020, 12:41:19 AM »
Been away over the weekend Terri so I have had a lot of catching up to do. You have really moved along with this one - and it is looking extremmely good from this angle. Never mind the mistakes - if they are not visible on a completed model, what do they matter?

Stephen.

Thank-you Stephen and Rick  :)

Stephen , it ways it does matter to me in the in end , It showed me that some of my planning didn't work well for the next stage and I should have calculated some of the fit issues in , which I didn't . But I will say that I'm really enjoying the build so far , it has been rewarding  :)

Terri

Two interesting points of view here I think. One is that if we simply ignore the mistakes made along the way, we're unlikely to improve. The second one is that despite the mistakes made during a build, one can truly see the bigger picture in the end and enjoy the model anyway!

As a spectator the second point is more relevant I think and your Pfalz is well worth looking at!
/Fredrik

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #216 on: September 10, 2020, 10:13:12 AM »
Hi Fredrik ,

Sooner or later I will learn from these errors but it will take me many - many more builds ....it rules being blonde ! ;)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #217 on: September 13, 2020, 09:47:52 AM »
Today was spent finishing the weathering on the guns . I use graphite for this and work it into the surface . Starting with dark to light and then sealed with clear . Prop is also finished and did a different approach for the wood . After looking a photo's there seems to a lot of variations and I like the dark varnish . I mask off some laminations and used Vellejo woodgrain stain and brushed this over giving it two coats . Once dried the tape was pulled off and a few more coats got added . Sealed that and added the prop logo's . There is no prop boss included so I use one from a Copper State boss set . A small disk was punched and piece of hex rod was added for the nut . The center of this was drill and a piece for brass tubing was fix in the center . Rest of the rigging holes are drilled and my eye lets made , assembly is next  ;)

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #218 on: September 13, 2020, 09:48:18 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Old Man

« Reply #219 on: September 13, 2020, 10:39:52 AM »
Excellent detail work, Terri.

Those look very good.

Bughunter

« Reply #220 on: September 13, 2020, 07:59:30 PM »
Very nice progress!
The silver gray with the black markings looks great - nice contrast.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #221 on: September 13, 2020, 10:59:09 PM »
Thank-you Oldman and Frank .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline FAf

« Reply #222 on: September 14, 2020, 12:59:43 AM »
Blazing guns and a very nice looking prop! Well done!
/Fredrik

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #223 on: September 14, 2020, 01:15:07 AM »
The Spandau's and prop look awesome Terri!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #224 on: September 14, 2020, 02:35:15 AM »
I agree with Frank OM and Rick: this is looking super.