Author Topic: CSM Pfalz Dr.1  (Read 20902 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: CSM Pfalz Dr.1
« Reply #240 on: September 18, 2020, 12:30:57 PM »
 :o Up-date starts on end of last page

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #241 on: September 19, 2020, 01:48:49 PM »
Okay ,

This has really been getting under my skin in the worst way . If I keep moving forward and get it done . I would not be very proud of myself while at the same time presenting ...well not a real great build towards you guys . I sent a message to Edgar seeing if he still has any spares left for this kit , but I haven't heard anything back yet . While looking for spare decals for the DH-2 in case Rodens don't behave I ended up coming across spares that I could use for the Dr.1 covering all that needs replacing and even can read the weight tables !

The lower wings will get masked off and the PE parts removed and it will get sanded down , cracks filled again . Repaint her and start with the decalling . Only the fuselage will get redone so if the flying surfaces are a slightly different shade it will still be all good  :). I still have the same mix , made up a large batch  :) just need to recall what shade of grey I used for primer . The cowl will get redone as well it has gotten dinged up here and there  ::)

Left wing does have it's pins now and test fitted with the right in place and to my surprise it is still levelled with the right .

Terri

« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 02:00:12 PM by Terri »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Old Man

« Reply #242 on: September 19, 2020, 02:13:19 PM »
Sounds like things have broken through! Glad to hear it.

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #243 on: September 20, 2020, 03:14:09 AM »
Keep at it, Terri -going to end up great :)

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #244 on: September 20, 2020, 03:33:16 AM »
I am sure your persistence and determination to get this one right will pay off in the End Terri!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #245 on: September 20, 2020, 05:08:33 AM »
Sometimes Terri we seem to take two paces forwards and then a dozen backwards......and this seems to have happened to you. I am pleased that you are keeping going with this as it is such an unusual aircraft, and these types are especially interesting to me. I do not feel that your standards are slipping - what I see is real persistence and skill in overcoming some very frustrating problems.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #246 on: September 20, 2020, 07:26:33 AM »
Thank you guys  :)

Sanding has started for the most part being done while re-addressing the crack seems are next . I did glue the tail feathers in place , These should have been flared in in the first place . More to follow soon ....

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #247 on: September 20, 2020, 12:26:49 PM »
It was an afternoon well spent in front of the bench . Sanding , filling , more sanding I'm at the painting stage now . Last time around I had a hell of time trying to paint the cockpit leather padding . This time I sprayed first using Tamiya hull red . Once this is dry it should be easier masking . Also recall the shade of grey used for the primer . Tamiya Neutral Grey . I will have to respray the top side of the lower wings . There was no way around this part while blending this area in better which turned out rather well .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #248 on: September 20, 2020, 12:27:11 PM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Radarman

« Reply #249 on: September 20, 2020, 02:27:46 PM »
Terri,
I'm glad you have come up with a solution for the decals on the repaint. I have the kit in my stash. I tracked it down and I can see what you mean about the weights table.
I could barely find it on my decal sheet, let alone read it. Let us know if you hear back from Edgar as far as spares go. Looks like you'll be back on track soon.

Keep up the great work,
                                                                                                                                                                              Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #250 on: September 20, 2020, 11:37:54 PM »
Hi Kevin ,

Yes it would be nice to know if he still has spares for this kit . Seems a fair amount of you guys here have one in the stash so it could be helpful for others who still have the kit . I got my when Eric first released it when he owned the business , very nice gentlemen and love to talk on the phone ! Had some good conversations with him .

Even the production codes are on the faint side and should be darker as well . Not sure if I will get to decalling but it will be an airbrushing day .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #251 on: September 21, 2020, 01:12:54 AM »
Nice rework of the seams Terri! Enjoy the painting process!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #252 on: September 21, 2020, 09:32:01 AM »
I did enjoy the painting session to the point I was also able to clear coat . Once this is dried can start with the decals . There is still a few spots but at this point I don't what to do any more sanding . Still one spot which will get address but I will do it later still some handling and I'm sure it will crack again just to let me know that it's still there !

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #253 on: September 21, 2020, 09:32:39 AM »
 :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #254 on: September 21, 2020, 09:34:43 PM »
I'm glad to see this one coming back together.  Its an interesting subject.  I hope the decal issue gets worked out.