Author Topic: CSM Pfalz Dr.1  (Read 21070 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
CSM Pfalz Dr.1
« on: July 08, 2020, 11:54:25 AM »
With all the talk about Triplanes and sure it sparked something within and I pulled this out of the stash . I started this along time ago and it ended up being a shelf queen , but her ruling days over the shelves are over . Both insides of the fuselage halfs are really thinned done and the pit is under construction , it is all scratched built minus the instrument panel which is from the kit . It ended up being a queen when I realize the the forward part of the frame/ fire wall is short . So it's time to get her done !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: CSM Pfalz Dr.1
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 11:54:48 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 11:55:09 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Radarman

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 01:37:45 PM »
Terri,
Looks like this will be another "Watch and Learn" opportunity for the rest of us.
Thanks for really mixing things up around here, never a dull moment, that's for sure.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 03:16:43 PM »

Wow, Terri! 
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline RichieW

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 05:40:32 PM »
Terri,
Looks like this will be another "Watch and Learn" opportunity for the rest of us.
Thanks for really mixing things up around here, never a dull moment, that's for sure.

Kevin

Yep, 100% agreed!

Offline macsporran

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 05:49:13 PM »
This is a brave decision but I know you have the skills to magic an excellent model out of the very unpromising set of parts.
I've no doubt you'll do better than I did 20 years ago, when I was just glad to get it finished!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 12:12:43 AM »
You have become a building MACHINE Terri! I will follow along of course! Excellent start with the scratch built interior.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Bughunter

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2020, 06:44:49 AM »
Terri, you got some real treasure in your stash!
I hope for a new short run of this one.
I will watch for sure 8)

Cheers,
Frank

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2020, 07:31:09 AM »
Thank you for digging this little beauty out of the stash, T!  It's so good to see another being built.  You're off to a spectacular start.  I did this one a while back.
 https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=9824.msg179056#msg179056

Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2020, 09:47:02 AM »
Well I just hope that this thread will be entertaining enough for you all .  :) Still need to find all my ref's on this . I have no idea where it has been placed so got some digging to do be fore the weekend .

Frank ,  I too would like to see a new release of Dr.1 kit ..well all of them by CSM , they have excellent subject matter .

Thanks for sharing your builds guys and Bud for the link , I remember your build  :)

Will have some progress this weekend , but for now it's coffee break ! ( with a bowl of cherries )

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2020, 09:30:08 AM »
Okay , over the past few days it was getting in touch with the subject once again . Also found some of my misplaced info but I still missing some  :o :o :o :o However , this will not stop me . The floor was only tack into place and that has been pop free. Still have the rudder bar to build . The frame work ended up needing a few of the joins re-glued . Over the years getting moved around didn't do it any favors . I really wish I had photos of how much resin was removed on the inside of the fuselage to get to this stage . The fuel and oil tanks I ended up redoing them rather then trying to fix the mishaps . Here is a shot of the frame fitted and the new tanks .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2020, 09:30:39 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2020, 09:32:28 AM »
The kit tail planes are to thick and are under scale , but not by much . This will have to be thinned or new ones made .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2020, 09:33:01 AM »
 :-\
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch