Author Topic: CSM Pfalz Dr.1  (Read 21134 times)

Offline smperry

Re: CSM Pfalz Dr.1
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2020, 11:57:35 PM »
The new frame looks much better and the resin engine is likely to take paint better than the metal one and look crisper too..
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Bughunter

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2020, 03:12:10 AM »
Terri, if I'm not wrong the Pfalz Dr.I used a Siemens & Halske Sh.III
The same engine type was used on the Siemens-Schuckert D.III and since we have recently the Eduard kit there is also a very nice Brassin engine of this type available. I used on my Siemens-Schuckert and it's nice. It should be still available at some shops.
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/eduard-648166-ssw-diii-engine-detail-set--652363

Here are the parts and build:
https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=9722

Just an idea ...

Cheers,
Frank

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2020, 04:24:30 AM »
Outstanding work on the innards, T!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2020, 05:26:53 AM »
Thanks guys , glad that you are pleased just as much as I'm ...see keeping the woman happy  ;) ;D

Frank , I have Eduards new tool SSW D.III along with their replacement engine and more then likely I will be using it . Thanks for sharing the links . It does fit inside the cowl with having to sand back the cylinder heads .

Here is the rest of the frame glued up and what she looks like inside the fuselage . There is still the top runners to add . These will be done once other detail is button up . I need some kind of room to work when building the control column and installing items .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2020, 05:28:22 AM »
 :) I'm really pleased with the fit of the framing ! Once it is finally glued in place it will be a nice tight fit .
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RichieW

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2020, 05:50:57 AM »
Absolutely lovely work on the frame Terri, I now know just how hard it is to do make one. You seem to have just cruised through it though. :)

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2020, 06:07:20 PM »
The frame look great, Terri!
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2020, 09:27:50 PM »
Scratchy tastic!

Well done, YOU!  ;)

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2020, 10:56:05 PM »
Nice scratch work, Terri.  You should be able to handle a total scratchbuild project (you already know the words that accompany such projects - the ones that frighten pets).

Online RAGIII

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2020, 11:32:26 PM »
Lovely work Terri! You should indeed be proud of the fit!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Radarman

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2020, 12:41:53 AM »
Terri,
Every installment of this build is "Fun Filled & Action Packed". I hope it doesn't throw too many more curve balls.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2020, 10:49:30 AM »
Thanks for showing your interest and tagging along guys  :)

Ken , I have done a few scratched builds already , but I must admit that it has been many years since I last did one .

Kevin , glad that you are enjoying and I know there will be a few more curve balls coming . ;)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2020, 12:23:25 PM »
Another step before I start going gun ho with adding more details the lower wing needs to be test fitted to insure that it will fit later on and not jump back with a few shocking surprises . The lower wing needs to get test fitted now with the frame work fitted in place . I did have a bit of sanding to do on the slanted formers around the lower corners and removing a fair bit of resin to the center section of the lower will and there is a hole which will need to be patched . That happened when I first start this build .  I have success ! the wing fits in place ! But I do have just a tad more tweeking on the former with the instrument panel on the top side of the fuselage . I have a small gap at that location . Instrument panel is only tacked in place so this task will only take a few minutes .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2020, 05:55:42 PM »
Nice progress, Terri!  Do you where a filter mask or anything when shaving and sanding resin?
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2020, 09:33:03 PM »
Excellent work T! Won't be long before it is all together.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler