Author Topic: News from Copper State Models  (Read 17824 times)

Online macsporran

Re: News from Copper State Models
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2020, 04:16:24 PM »
I hadn't heard that before Rick, but it certainly makes sense.
If so, I don't mind if we get 17s or 23s, I just want to build some CSM quality verifiable silver Nieuports with big blue outer roundels!

Offline Edgar

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2020, 05:11:49 PM »
I will show you something tomorrow
as for Nie17 RFC, back then we did not really paid much attention to RFC differences for 17 and 23
But since we have picked the markings it appears that all of the machines are Nie23. As for Nie17 RFC we have some ideas about that, but I can not tell you what exactly it will be yet)
But I think we all going to love it

Excellent News Edgar! BY the way, The RFC OFTEN mistook what version of Nieuport they were actually using at Squadron Level. It seems that the Vickers installation was removed at the depots and only the front bracing wires can confirm which variant it is in photos. I have also read that there was a slighltly different mounting plate for the lewis, IIRC the location of the bolts. So Although some popular RFC Nieuports are listed as 17's , even in Squadron records, they are sometimes actually 23's. RFC Nieuports can be a slippery slope  ::)
RAGIII
Howdy Rick)
Well, the list of all Nieuport in RFC service was published a long time ago and we are using it, where you can see a production number from the French Factory and what "rudder" number it received in RFC
Very often you can not get a good photo of the cabane struts to check which Nie it was....so I would stick to that table)
But usually, Nie17 in RFC service had the first latter A and nei11 style engine cowl but deeply cut like on Eindeckers

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2020, 06:35:01 PM »
Side note - I just want to say Edgar that it's great that you are on the forum here engaging directly with the customers - I think that's a very special thing for all of us here, I am sure that I am one amongst many who values this kind of opportunity.

Thanks again!

BC

Online RAGIII

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2020, 10:02:08 PM »
I will show you something tomorrow
as for Nie17 RFC, back then we did not really paid much attention to RFC differences for 17 and 23
But since we have picked the markings it appears that all of the machines are Nie23. As for Nie17 RFC we have some ideas about that, but I can not tell you what exactly it will be yet)
But I think we all going to love it

Excellent News Edgar! BY the way, The RFC OFTEN mistook what version of Nieuport they were actually using at Squadron Level. It seems that the Vickers installation was removed at the depots and only the front bracing wires can confirm which variant it is in photos. I have also read that there was a slighltly different mounting plate for the lewis, IIRC the location of the bolts. So Although some popular RFC Nieuports are listed as 17's , even in Squadron records, they are sometimes actually 23's. RFC Nieuports can be a slippery slope  ::)
RAGIII
Howdy Rick)
Well, the list of all Nieuport in RFC service was published a long time ago and we are using it, where you can see a production number from the French Factory and what "rudder" number it received in RFC
Very often you can not get a good photo of the cabane struts to check which Nie it was....so I would stick to that table)
But usually, Nie17 in RFC service had the first latter A and nei11 style engine cowl but deeply cut like on Eindeckers

Thanks Edgar, Like Brad said it is great to have you here and interacting directly. I had forgotten about books like the Nieuport in RFC Service book. That should keep things straight  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2020, 12:35:55 AM »
Side note - I just want to say Edgar that it's great that you are on the forum here engaging directly with the customers - I think that's a very special thing for all of us here, I am sure that I am one amongst many who values this kind of opportunity.

Thanks again!

BC

Well said, Brad!
100% agree.

Thanks for all you do, Edgar  ;)

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Monty

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2020, 01:39:14 AM »
I just got to figure out how to get CSM kits to South Africa... our customs, postal service, airlines etc etc just aren't working yet! But I will make a plan... Regards and Thank You Edgar for some great inspiration! Nieuport 12 coming? To make happy! Marc.

Offline fruibal

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2020, 02:03:00 AM »
What a difference makes the owner of CSM, no red tape on future production, and full engagement with customers !!

Offline Edgar

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2020, 06:24:37 AM »
So here is the box art I was talking about yesterday)

Not yet published
but we showed it at Nuremberg Toy Fair, not that much though)
and we are planning to have it ready for Telford 2020)

Offline Borsos

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2020, 06:26:51 AM »
Yes, that‘s another one I need to own... :)
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2020, 06:33:17 AM »
Awesome Edgar, will have to get a couple of these too.  If possible, would you have which aircraft are represented in this boxing (pretty please with sugar on top  ;D ;D).

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2020, 06:46:17 AM »
I have built both Nieuport 17s, which were two of the best kits I've ever had the pleasure of building.  I'm currently working on the 21 and the 23 and, as near perfect as 17s are, these are even better. Now it seems I'm going to have to have a couple of the RFC kits.  One can never have enough Nieuports.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline RichieW

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2020, 06:58:05 AM »
Wow, that box art is beautiful. I have a late 17 in the stash and it looks incredibly well detailed. One of these will definitely be joining it.

Offline Edgar

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2020, 07:45:53 AM »
Awesome Edgar, will have to get a couple of these too.  If possible, would you have which aircraft are represented in this boxing (pretty please with sugar on top  ;D ;D).
It is Philip Fletcher Fullard

Online macsporran

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2020, 07:51:46 AM »
Yeeeesssss. There is a God in this world.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2020, 10:20:14 AM »
Yes, that‘s another one I need to own... :)
Andreas

Me too !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .