Author Topic: News from Copper State Models  (Read 17729 times)

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: News from Copper State Models
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2020, 10:47:21 PM »
I will keep supporting Edgar/CSM in their future endeavors.  Can wait until future releases as the stash will outlast me. Wishing them all the best.

Offline FokkerFodder

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2020, 10:47:37 PM »
From an Australian perspective (based on exchange rates) I fail to see the difference  in pricing between csm and WNM give  the quality is commensurate. I have to admit to being a fan of their armoured cars. Anyhow let’s hope enthusiasm  for Great War subject’s continues to grow.  Cheers Matt

Offline Europapete

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2020, 11:26:13 PM »
Hhmmmm........I think that a visit to the CSM website with CC in hand is in order.

Offline petrov27

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2020, 11:35:42 PM »
I have and will continue to support CSM via purchasing N17/23 - these are fantastic kits!

I was somewhat discouraged though at responses on another forum when these were first released - even though several were praising the CSM N17 kit there were some responses that amounted to "I will wait till WNW inevitably starts doing Nieuports to purchases any...."

Maybe folks will branch out a little and try CSM (and maybe Roden) kits now?
-Patrick

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2020, 01:47:37 AM »
Not sure how much longer the free shipping for purchases over 100 Euros will run, but sweetens the deal a bit.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2020, 02:29:13 AM »
I‘d open a bottle of champagne if CSM would release a Nieuport 12. I am looking forward in anticipation to this release (whatever it is. We urgently need French twoseaters) and the armored cars. I was looking for the SPARTA resin Lancia until I saw CSM preparing one  :)
Andreas

i'd open a bottle for a Breguet 14. unfortunately the Breguet at the Royal Thai Air Force Museum is a replica, but the rest of the collection is still awesome.

Offline Vickers

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2020, 03:51:54 AM »
I bought both Nieuport 17's, but I already have both the 21 & 23 in the same markings in 1/48th scale. I was just waiting to see if they'll release some decals or subsequent editions for those flown by western allies, particularly Escadrille Lafayette.
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2020, 05:34:24 AM »
I bought both Nieuport 17's, but I already have both the 21 & 23 in the same markings in 1/48th scale. I was just waiting to see if they'll release some decals or subsequent editions for those flown by western allies, particularly Escadrille Lafayette.

I plan to do My 23 as Andrew Courtney Campbell's from SPA/N124 I will use one of Pheons Sioux Heads from the SPAD VII sheet and serial numbers from leftover N XVII late sheets  8)  Although I am tempted I will Not remove the Port Lower wing  ::) Just for the record we all should remember that Edgar has said these are limited additions. So waiting May be the worse thing one can do!  Like Dave pointed out, New releases depend on sales so if it takes too long for these versions/ markings to sell out then we May not see another issue! JMHO,
RAGIII

"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline fruibal

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2020, 09:31:05 AM »
I'll put my order now period, these folks need to know we are here to support them. Fingers crossed that the next release is a beautiful Breguet XIV Bomber

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2020, 11:44:31 AM »
Reading cryptically it could be a Sopwith Strutter 2 seat French version and one seat British. Or Caudron / Breguet and Dh5/Fe8/? OR something else entirely! Whatever it is we welcome it. :D

I looked up the wingspan on the Cauldron G4. It would be just over 40cm wingspan. So not too big but at the limits of my building size (and rigging capabilities).

PS These days my autocorrect really seems to have a mind of it’s own, anyone else find that? D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 11:50:39 AM by Pup7309 »
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2020, 01:13:09 PM »
Bottom line: If you want Copper State Models to make more 1/32 scale aircraft, you better buy the Nieuports now and not later.  WNW ain't makin' one.  Copper State's is a fantastic model that is every bit as good as a WNW kit and maybe even a little better, IMHO. 
Honor Necessity

Offline A.F. Van Nieuwenhuyse

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2020, 01:39:29 PM »
My hope is for a Breguet XIV but I will buy  anything in 32 scale

Offline Dave Brewer

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2020, 02:02:23 PM »
Me too, a significant aircraft with lots of interesting schemes,would be an impressive model in 1/32.

Offline Lorenzo

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2020, 07:21:05 PM »
A breguet 14 would be obvious

one of the most importants planes of the war

8000 planes built

widely used by 25 different air forces

tons of interesting schemes
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 07:29:12 PM by Lorenzo »

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2020, 09:10:43 PM »
Although this thread is developing into a wishlist (in opposite to a guess-list) I won't join in...
I would love to see a Breguet XIV, too, but I am afraid that this is a bird to big for CSM at the moment.
Guess: 1 1/2 Strutter.