Author Topic: News from Copper State Models  (Read 17823 times)

Offline Pup7309

Re: News from Copper State Models
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2020, 09:30:17 PM »
Although this thread is developing into a wishlist (in opposite to a guess-list) I won't join in...
I would love to see a Breguet XIV, too, but I am afraid that this is a bird to big for CSM at the moment.
Guess: 1 1/2 Strutter.
+1 but happy with whatever they bring out.
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2020, 10:29:44 PM »
Although this thread is developing into a wishlist (in opposite to a guess-list) I won't join in...
I would love to see a Breguet XIV, too, but I am afraid that this is a bird to big for CSM at the moment.
+1 but happy with whatever they bring out.

Actually, me too. You're right!

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2020, 02:55:27 AM »

the odds of it disappointing me are almost zero.

i'd be delighted by 1 1/2 Strutter.

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2020, 05:08:58 AM »
I have 3 CSM Nieuports. Their kits are very good and I for one will continue to support them even though I currently have more than I can build in my remaining lifetime. If they keep them coming I will keep buying!!

PS - Also, Edgar is a great guy and has answered a few questions  have had in the past.

Mike

Offline OEFFAG 153

• Just another Wingnutter
    • Terfors Creative
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2020, 06:04:55 AM »
Very exciting news.

With two of their Nieuports in the stash I really welcome more 1:32 planes from Copperstate, A french two seater I will definately buy. As well as their Lancia and Minerva.

Cheers
/Mikael
Building the WnW Hansa W.12 and Junkers D.1.

Offline ermeio

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2020, 08:14:12 AM »
with that oustanding quality, any CSM new aircraft model is welcome
I'd like to have a Caudron G.3 and a vickers FB.19 in 1/32
... and a Caproni Ca.3 c'mon...

Offline Jimbo

• James Harr Model Maker
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2020, 10:18:28 AM »
Great thread, I agree that whatever they produce I will likely add it to my stash. I am firmly of the opinion they are as well done as WNW and am incredibly impressed with their kit design, molding, packaging and presentation. While I find Roden-bashing really quite tedious (they are fine kits worthy of any decent modelers’ attention), I feel CSM does indeed exceed Roden quality, no question. I have both boxing’s of the Nieuport XVII, and will forthwith be ordering the XXI and XXIII. And perhaps an armored car as well :-)

Jimbo
Under construction:

Wingnut Wings Roland C.II

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2020, 12:34:52 AM »
The Breguet would be my favorite and initial guess.  But it is a large and complex aircraft with a new engine, I believe a Renault.  There is a cage work of tubular fuselage and emergency controls for the second seat. On the B-2 variant, opening panels on the the bottom, flaps and the Michelin bomb racks.  On the surface, the A2 differs with the lack of the bomb racks, flaps, (I believe) the opening panel on the belly and glazing on the sides of the second cockpit.  On Fb there is a French scratch built example appearing which is a frame out representation in 1/32!

The Strutter would be welcomed as would a Caudron G-3.

How about a Voisin LA-3?

For the items in the  first paragraph, I would really like to see the Breguet. 

Online macsporran

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2020, 11:13:49 PM »
I love the Nie17 as a subject and have lots of Hobbycraft/ Academy kits as well as lots of SH 11s and 16s and Roden 24s and 27s - but I have only bought one of the superb CSM 17 kits
Why?
Because I want to model Billy Bishop, Archie Miller and Albert Ball and other silver RFC subjects. I understood that these would be forthcoming but so far, no sign.
I just don't like French subjects without top surface cockardes so I've only bought 32002; and I don't want to use poor old HC decals or buy AM ones in case CSM then do actually release said kites.
I'll pass on Italian or Russian machines, but I'm disappointed to learn that the company's limited resources are maybe moving away from a long-awaited RFC 17.
Of course I'll buy just about anything released in future, but I wonder how many others are holding back like me?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 11:29:54 PM by macsporran »

Offline Vickers

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2020, 02:45:58 AM »
I'm also clinging to my Amodel and Special Hobby 1/32nd N.11 and N.16s, Roden N.28, S.VII, and Hobbycraft S.XIII as long as they're the only game in town for 1/32nd. However, as with my former Hobbycraft N.17s I am prone to retiring older kits whenever an amazing new kit that represents a quantum leap in accuracy and detail with much finer decals comes along. CSM's kits certainly met those criteria, so off to the club raffle donor box went my old Hobbycrafts- along with double their value in resin correction parts and aftermarket decals. It'll be the same story for the others if and when their time comes.
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline Edgar

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2020, 06:12:50 AM »
Thank you guys for your support
Just wanted to add, that Nie 23 RFC is still in our plans)

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2020, 06:21:53 AM »
Thank you guys for your support
Just wanted to add, that Nie 23 RFC is still in our plans)

Looking forward to that one too.  Keep up the great work   :D :D :D

Online macsporran

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2020, 06:36:27 AM »
I'll have that as soon as released, Edgar. What about an RFC 17 though, is that not in the plans still?
Cheers
Sandy

Offline Edgar

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2020, 07:12:17 AM »
I will show you something tomorrow
as for Nie17 RFC, back then we did not really paid much attention to RFC differences for 17 and 23
But since we have picked the markings it appears that all of the machines are Nie23. As for Nie17 RFC we have some ideas about that, but I can not tell you what exactly it will be yet)
But I think we all going to love it

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2020, 08:33:22 AM »
I will show you something tomorrow
as for Nie17 RFC, back then we did not really paid much attention to RFC differences for 17 and 23
But since we have picked the markings it appears that all of the machines are Nie23. As for Nie17 RFC we have some ideas about that, but I can not tell you what exactly it will be yet)
But I think we all going to love it

Excellent News Edgar! BY the way, The RFC OFTEN mistook what version of Nieuport they were actually using at Squadron Level. It seems that the Vickers installation was removed at the depots and only the front bracing wires can confirm which variant it is in photos. I have also read that there was a slighltly different mounting plate for the lewis, IIRC the location of the bolts. So Although some popular RFC Nieuports are listed as 17's , even in Squadron records, they are sometimes actually 23's. RFC Nieuports can be a slippery slope  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler