Author Topic: Wingnut Wings surprise Hannover Cl.II  (Read 14341 times)

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
Re: Wingnut Wings surprise Hannover Cl.II
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2012, 01:16:45 PM »
Good news and bad news on the Hannover

Good news: I think I was probably the first WNW customer in the world to take possession of a Hannover, this morning.  :)

Bad news: it is to be a Christmas present from the family so I was not allowed to open the box. My wife put it away with strict instructions for it to be left alone until 25th December.  :'(
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2012, 01:27:15 PM »
Good news and bad news on the Hannover

Good news: I think I was probably the first WNW customer in the world to take possession of a Hannover, this morning.  :)

Bad news: it is to be a Christmas present from the family so I was not allowed to open the box. My wife put it away with strict instructions for it to be left alone until 25th December.  :'(
Tell her that you have an obligation to do an in-box review for the forum and that she can have it back as soon as you're finished.  That way, you'll at least get to fondle it a bit.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2012, 02:03:48 PM »
The box looks LOVELY.
Cheers, the wife (mwahahaha)
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2012, 02:05:51 PM »
The box looks LOVELY.

Ahhh security breech!!  ;D

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline mgunns

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2012, 02:08:34 PM »
The box looks LOVELY.
You have to love SWMBO, where would be without them?

You can give us a full in depth out of the box review after 25 December.  We will all appreciate it the more.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2012, 04:01:50 PM »
The box looks LOVELY.
Aaaww, c'mon, Mrs. Fahey.  Please let Jamo have a peek.  By the way, you laugh just like my wife.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2012, 05:48:07 PM »
i think the are rotten bastards,just kidding, but just yesterday i ordered 3 diff dvii kits and a tripe, woulda got a hannover instead of so many fokkers well i guess i gotta put in another order. gonna be broke for a while.

on another note sorry to hear about the passing of your father jamo, mine passed on my birthday last year then my grandfather passed on fathers day this year. i feel your pain.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2012, 06:24:02 PM »
Nigel,
         May I pass on my sympathys to you as well. I hope the travel time was spent in reflections on good times.

Steve

Thank you Steve. Travelling by train there was certainly time for such reflection.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2012, 06:28:23 PM »
Nigel,
   My condolences to you as well on the loss of your Mother; It seems so many pass at this time of year. As I said to Jamo, dwell on the good times and good memories will look after themselves.
Lance

Thanks Lance

So many people have been so kind towards me and my family.

Still, we're back home and I'm waiting for a long expected Pup and a newly ordered Tripe to arrive.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »
I'm so sorry Nigel to hear of the passing of your Mother, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I hope you receive your Pup and Tripe soon.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Dekenba

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2012, 09:22:10 PM »
I'm passing on the Hanover.

It was not on my list - never heard of it, to be honest!

At $99 - before 20% VAT & £8 handling fee - for a model plane I've not heard about that will be about 11th in the WNW stash & 80th odd in the overall 1/32 stash, I just cannot order it.

I've managed to not order the Tripe either as I've Roden's version with Pheon's fuselage already - I'm developing some willpower!

hawker

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2012, 10:09:52 PM »
Where do I get the Triplane replacement fuselage from? any U.K suppliers and how much does it cost?

Terry

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2012, 10:10:14 PM »
I didn't know anything about  the Hannover as a kid until I found the old 1/72 Airfix kit (I think it was in a plastic bag with a cardboard hanger strip across the top, to be hung on a hook on the hobby shop wall) when I was in high school.  Airfix kits were just making their way across the pond to certain hobby shops in the US at that time.  What a world that opened up for me--the Airfix line was far more extensive than that of the US manufacturers back then, particularly in WWII aircraft.  That was back when my vision was 1/72.  ;D   

I always liked that unique tailplane arrangement on the Hannover, and the low profile upper wing.  Those features made the aeroplane very distinctive.  :)  My WNW edition was ordered as soon as I saw it.  Couldn't resist, what with that image of the old bagged Airfix kit in my mind and knowing how WNW would do the subject sublime justice in 1/32.  ;)   . . . and also because, unlike Dekenba, I lack any modicum of willpower.  ::)

I am developing an affinity for the workhorse 2-seaters, even though I have not yet built any of them.  I'm working on the Lloyd right now, however. 

Regards 

Dekenba

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2012, 10:11:21 PM »
Where do I get the Triplane replacement fuselage from? any U.K suppliers and how much does it cost?

Terry

Direct from Pheon models - they've a listing on this here forum, I think - for £10.

Bargain.

Offline gcn

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2012, 10:31:16 PM »
Initially I was taken aback that you had to create your own lozenge, but I'm quite looking forward to that bit now, a bit of frisket film and a mask enlarged from t'internet should suffice.

Looking like a tripe, fokker and, hannover chrimbo for me.