Author Topic: Release the FOKKERS!!!!  (Read 18819 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Release the FOKKERS!!!!
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2013, 02:55:43 AM »
Wish I had that luxury; my SWMBO is a Banker, Ouch!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2013, 05:03:11 AM »
I've found that honesty is the best  proceedure with SWMBO. This applies of course only if caught red handed within the *two week* rule.  :o

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

mike in calif

« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2013, 07:32:59 AM »
Mr Hallinger has it right lads. In another thread Dave illustrated a very complex formula that showed some WNW kits coming in substantially lower than one might realistically expect; this may be evidence of how the Fed works. In using the said formula, dollars("Bernankes") are lowered by two Geithners for each kit ordered, divided by a factor of PC-10 for each British kit ordered.
   One easily sees then how my Tripe, 2 DVIIs, and DH9a were only 150.00 Bernankes; I'm not sure of the Aus. exchange rate.

Dekenba

« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2013, 09:45:35 PM »
It must be more difficult for you Americans, with WNW's pricing in US$'s, the apply any "fiddle factors" to your pricing.

For us in the UK, at least we can attempt to apply the Sterling conversion constant, an equation unique to WNW's products, where Sterling gains appreciably.

In Wales, we can also apply the Welsh pound - or Cymru bunnoedd - conversion to further stretch spending power.

At the moment the Welsh pound is always stronger than the English pound........

mike in calif

« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2013, 04:33:42 AM »
Dean, you're saying it is better, pound -for-pound, to order from Wales?

mike in calif

« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2013, 04:37:24 AM »
There it is lads, Dr Daves model buying formula:
Its the number you first thought of, divided by the number of WNW kits you simply must have, multiplied by the number of WNW kits available to you, plus, if applicable, a Hansa Brandenburg multiplier of 2.2 for real terms accruals, or in the case of the LVG, a 1.95 factor.

Dekenba

« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2013, 05:58:27 AM »

As far as SWMBO is concerned, yes.

Meanwhile - back in the real world, where 1+1=2, the Welsh pound does not actually exist!

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2013, 12:19:38 PM »

As far as SWMBO is concerned, yes.

Meanwhile - back in the real world, where 1+1=2, the Welsh pound does not actually exist!
YET! ;D
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

mike in calif

« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2013, 03:08:06 PM »
Actually, I hve no problems with SWMBO as far as modelling purchases go. She understands it is MY hobby, and if it makes me happy, ( and home) she is OK with that. I have an ex-wife that had a different attitude, and good riddance!

Offline mgunns

« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2013, 06:51:20 AM »
I have to be a little careful with SWMBO as long as I keep her informed of my spending, she is alright with it.  She is a keeper and bought me the Hannover for Christmas past, last year she got me a RODEN Nie.24 the year before that it was a Hansa Brandendberg and a NINE AK the year before that it was the LVG.  She is a sweetheart.  This year, I have gone nuts and she understands it.  I just received my Eindecker.  It looked like an Elephant stepped on the box, but; haply, the contents are in great shape.  I haven't had the opportunity to fondle the plastic yet, but a perfunctory glance indicates all is well inside. 

Until that time

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....