Author Topic: Wingnut Wings surprise Hannover Cl.II  (Read 13769 times)

Offline mgunns

Re: Wingnut Wings surprise Hannover Cl.II
« Reply #90 on: December 26, 2012, 06:12:55 AM »
Hi Bob, hi all,
hope you all spend some beautiful holiday-days! 8)
So here's what made the seven year old boy then, way back when, a Hannover-fan. I was ill, had to stay in bed for some days and read the autobiography of Hans Baur, Hitler's former pilot. Well, I didn't get far, but I really enjoyed the pages that deal wit Baur as a very young pilot close to the end of WW1. The other book I had with me in bed was the Airfix-catalogue, and there they were, the Hannover and the SPADs, which I had just read of in Baur's book.. wonderful! (And it was also then, whe I fell in love with the Roland C.II - another wish right from my heart towards WNW...)
Hello and Merry Christmas Richard:

Thanks for sharing that story, it is sharing those wonderful memories that make the forums special.  It is more than modeling, it is people from around the world.  It certainly is neat that after all these years, WNW came out with a model in 1/32nd scale that you have always wanted.  Great war aircraft in 1/32nd really rekindled my interest in WWI aircraft models and WNW has really just made it all the more fun and interesting.
I will be looking forward to seeing you progress on this kit.  My wife got if for me for Christmas and I will be building it as well.

Best
Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2012, 12:15:37 AM »
Hi Bob, hi Marc, hi all,

thank you very much for your replies!
WNW's Great War aircraft in 1/32nd rekindled my interest in WWI aircraft models too, Marc! But I didn't build a kit for ages!! Buying the Hannover has been a first step foreward-backwards, so I don't know when or even wether I will build this beauty...

Richard

P.S. By the way, it seems like I cannot use photobucket the right way: The pic of the text just won't appear bigger. Will I have to scan it one more time?

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2012, 02:16:03 AM »
Richard:

Thanks for sharing this!  The test image on your post enlarged to easily readable size with a single click!  Very interesting stuff, at least for a history nerd like me. ;)  A good way to spend some time on a quiet day after Christmas. :)

Regards,

Bob

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2012, 04:36:41 AM »
Yes that is a very interesting commentary. It is more unusual to find these journals from the German perspective (in English).
Thanks for sharing
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/