Author Topic: Wingnut Wings surprise Hannover Cl.II  (Read 13785 times)

Dekenba

Re: Wingnut Wings surprise Hannover Cl.II
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 11:25:25 PM »
Agh!

Offline mgunns

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 11:45:11 PM »
Well that one came out of left field! That's my Christmas present sorted. I love WNW surprises  :)

Well done Bryan Wall, Richard Alexander and team.

It takes a lot to brighten my day today (my father passed away yesterday) but this is a very nice unexpected pleasure.
Sorry to read that Jamo, I know the feeling.  As Steve mentioned hopefully this will help to brighten your day.

Best Wishes

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline mgunns

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 11:59:39 PM »
Certainly this came as quite a surprise, a nice one at that.  Not sure when I will pop for this one.  It is certainly unique looking, with the Tripe and DVII on the way, I think I will focus on building rather than "stashing".  Gotta thin out my collection as well. 
So many choices!  It boggles the mind!  :o
Mark

Offline The6uest

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 12:42:42 AM »
I think in the new year I need to decide what scale I need to concentrate on for WW1 aircraft, there are now 28 WNW kits and 4 more that we know of in development. There are sure to be many more new kits next year and probably some of the special kits as well. I will certainly get rid of the most of 1/72 in the stash and thin out the 1/48 by a fair bit and concentrate on mainly WNW and 1/32 kits from now on.
Yeah, that's probably what I'm going to do as well.  I started out with 1/48 scale WW2 aircraft but then got interested in WW1 aircraft and began collecting some of those in 1/48.  After seeing WnW's kits however, I am now all into 1/32!  I like that scale better particularly for WW1 aircraft because it's easier to see all the detail.
-John

Offline cgandiaga

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2012, 01:34:21 AM »
My sincerest condolences for your loss, James.  I lost my father 33 years ago when I was 15 and there isn't a single day that goes by that I don't think of him.  You never get over it; you just get past it.  Godspeed to your father.

And, of course, I ordered the Hannover..

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2012, 02:46:43 AM »
James, I'm very sorry for your loss.  My prayers are with you and your family, mate.
Deepest condolences,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2012, 02:50:42 AM »
James

May I, belatedly, add my condolences on your sad loss. I got back to the middle of France last night following a three-day round trip to the UK for my own mother's funeral.

Nigel

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2012, 02:58:08 AM »
Nigel,
         May I pass on my sympathys to you as well. I hope the travel time was spent in reflections on good times.

Steve

Offline xmald

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2012, 03:13:39 AM »
My thoughts are with you James...
Mates I`m really beginning to think that I should think about re-thinking my collection goals - 1:32 instead of 1:48...
Hannover Cl II is definitely one of my favourite planes.
I`m glad cause I`ll be able to see lots of these beauties build by you mates!
Best regards
Filip

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2012, 03:19:33 AM »
  1/32 is such a perfect scale for WWI types. I admire the 1/72 and 1/48 builds for their ability to catch the details in those scales but I find my eyes prefer building in 1/32. Wingspans are generally not overwhelming (Marks Gotha comments are to mind) and there are now enough kits out there to satisfy my glacial pace. Modern types are just too big for this scale and even WWII types are restricted to single engine props for me...so I too am reconsidering my model "stash" but in my case I may restrict it too strictly WWI

Steve

Offline mgunns

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2012, 04:09:53 AM »
  1/32 is such a perfect scale for WWI types....so I too am reconsidering my model "stash" but in my case I may restrict it too strictly WWI

Steve

I have always enjoyed the WWI side of the house, my preferred scale was 1/48, but as the genre became only available with aftermarket, vacuform and the like, I left it because I just don't have the patience to do that.  With the advent of Roden's entry into the market place with quality 1/32nd WWI a/c, the few Academy kit,  I was hooked, and then along came Wingnuts with their ever expanding lineup, I now build soley WWI in 1/32nd.  As Steve mentioned, the size isn't ovewhelming, Gotha not withstanding, the prices are comparable to a Tamiya, Hasegawa and now even Revellogram is getting spendy.  So, there you have it.

Mark
Mark

mike in calif

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2012, 09:22:05 AM »
Jamo, My condolences on your dads passing. As the others have said, I'm sure you have lots of good memories to help you through this tough time. On an up note though, the Hannover is sure a good looking kit. So very WWI looking with that funky tail. Must get my DVIIs first though.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2012, 11:52:17 AM »
Nigel,
   My condolences to you as well on the loss of your Mother; It seems so many pass at this time of year. As I said to Jamo, dwell on the good times and good memories will look after themselves.
Lance

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2012, 12:10:08 PM »
   I delayed my move from 1:48 to 1:32 (about three years ago) for some time due to the limited kits and types available in the larger scale. I feel very fortunate that, when I finally made the change, our little world got a kick start from Roden and then the "KIWI INVASION" exploded on the modelling scene with WNW's products. There's no need to look back, and remember, marketing models and related equipment is a business, there will be more from Roden and I suspect some other providers will arrive on the scene. We are indeed fortunate; the Wingnut Kits alone would keep someone like me busy for a long time, and then there's the old "gotta do that scheme too" sickness we all feel to some degree.
   The 1;48 and 1:72 folks have done exceptionally well over the years, now the circle is being completed in 1:32. I often ponder the question "is 1:24 next?" Just could be as people such as our members perfect the art and achieve more realism in record time. More size, more room for detail, and on we go!
   Having just realized that I am "waxing philosophical" I'll stop now. What a wonderful time to be a Modeller of WWI Aircraft!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline hawker

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2012, 12:45:02 PM »
I also think the time has come to just collect/build WW1 aircraft in 1/32nd scale so I am preparing to let go of all my others, mind you, it could be the way of creating enough funds to feed my WNW habit

Terry