Author Topic: WNW Sopwith Camel: 43 Squadron RAF with Copperstate Figure:  (Read 41780 times)

Offline lone modeller

Re: WNW Sopwith Camel: 43 Squadron RAF with Copperstate Figure:
« Reply #300 on: April 05, 2020, 02:35:52 AM »
Henry looks absolutely super Rick. Come to that the Camel does not look to bad either...!

Stephen.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #301 on: April 05, 2020, 03:22:35 AM »
Henry looks absolutely super Rick. Come to that the Camel does not look to bad either...!

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen, Greatly appreciated!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline FAf

« Reply #302 on: April 05, 2020, 11:54:06 PM »
Hello again!

I've made some tests based on the photo you have on page 7 (https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=10771.msg199529#msg199529). When you zoom in on that it looks like only the D and 2 have white outlines. It also looks like the 6 sits right on top of the blue/white border, as does the 0 but on the white/red border.

It's doable, but it's a bit tricky and I would suggest painting it before you have attached the rudder... Take a look at these pictures of my test run and let me know if you would like to try and use my masks.

I copied my Camel rudder onto a piece of plasticard. Again from the image, it looks like the white band is slightly wider so I went with that. The painting is done in two stages. First you would paint white where I used red.

Then you remove the inner mask - this was what Richie was referring to - and then place the second mask inside the outerbox. One should wait longer so that the paint dries... I rushed this a lot, hence the paintlift on the D, but the 2 came out alright.

Take care!
Fredrik

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #303 on: April 06, 2020, 12:12:53 AM »
Yes of course I would like to try. As I said between what Bob has done, the Dragon Markings from Gene, and now your stencils I think there will be another Woolett Camel in My future. Same aircraft with earlier squadron markings.
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #304 on: April 06, 2020, 05:54:53 AM »
So moving along: Almost all of the rigging is complete. Just lack the lower ailerons being installed then rigging both the upper and lower ailerons. I also need to paint the remaining tail rigging and what I add. Some serious touch up is needed on most of the airframe. I also began to play with the display base. All is just posed in place in the photos!
RAGIII

Offline RichieW

« Reply #305 on: April 06, 2020, 06:11:24 AM »
Looks great, can't see where even any minor touch ups are required on the airframe let alone serious ones! Love the display base.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #306 on: April 06, 2020, 06:45:25 AM »
Looks great, can't see where even any minor touch ups are required on the airframe let alone serious ones! Love the display base.

As always Thanks for your comment and support. I can see every glitch in the finish  8) By the way, I am very Happy that My Post Image account seems to be fixed from the Hacking it suffered a couple of weeks ago!
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #307 on: April 06, 2020, 08:55:14 AM »
Spots!
RAGIII

Offline smperry

« Reply #308 on: April 06, 2020, 10:39:05 AM »
Spot on Rick.
It is all looking real good. Bases and figures have both been issues with me. You and others here are motivating me to learn more.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline FAf

« Reply #309 on: April 06, 2020, 03:44:14 PM »
I agree with SP above - spot on - but also his comment on inspiration... You made me try figure painting with this build. Thanks for that! /Fredrik

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #310 on: April 06, 2020, 09:38:31 PM »
Spot on Rick.
It is all looking real good. Bases and figures have both been issues with me. You and others here are motivating me to learn more.
sp

Thanks SP! Like I said, I enjoy the figures even if I am not a Master. The base in this case is just going to be the section of Mat glued in place. Try it, what do you have to lose  ;D
RAGIII

I agree with SP above - spot on - but also his comment on inspiration... You made me try figure painting with this build. Thanks for that! /Fredrik

Thanks Fredrik! I have always said that if My Modeling inspires someone then My Purpose in posting has neen accomplished.
EAGIII

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #311 on: April 07, 2020, 05:44:41 AM »
The face of that figure looks really good. The tones are just right - something I have never been able to achieve.

Nothing wrong with the base Rick - something quick and simple - after all it is only background to what is going to be (another) first class model.

Stephen.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #312 on: April 07, 2020, 09:51:30 AM »
The face of that figure looks really good. The tones are just right - something I have never been able to achieve.

Nothing wrong with the base Rick - something quick and simple - after all it is only background to what is going to be (another) first class model.

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen. As always I appreciate your support!
RAGIII

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #313 on: April 07, 2020, 10:07:49 AM »
I like the spots Rick , she is really starting to come together wonderfully . Camel is also looking very sweet as well . Looking forward to seeing her button up !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #314 on: April 07, 2020, 10:08:12 PM »
I like the spots Rick , she is really starting to come together wonderfully . Camel is also looking very sweet as well . Looking forward to seeing her button up !

Terri

Thanks T! Greatly appreciated.
RAGIII