Author Topic: WNW Sopwith Camel: 43 Squadron RAF with Copperstate Figure:  (Read 41641 times)

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
Re: WNW Sopwith Camel: 43 Squadron RAF with Copperstate Figure:
« Reply #285 on: April 03, 2020, 09:47:34 PM »
This is looking great, Rick.  You're close to completion now.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #286 on: April 03, 2020, 09:58:07 PM »
I may be able to cut you the serial for the rudder.
Let me see what I can do over the weekend.
What I can say is that the serial mask, if successful, will be black with no white fringe.  My machine is good, but it ain't that good!

Carry on...

vB  ;)

Thanks Bob! You are a true Gentleman!! Without your masks this one would have been semi permanently stalled! The serial number would be the icing on the cake.
RAGIII

This is looking great, Rick.  You're close to completion now.

Thanks Ken. Greatly appreciated!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline RichieW

« Reply #287 on: April 04, 2020, 03:30:33 AM »
Rick if Von B's machine isn't successful I can try to cut some masks on the machine Mrs W just bought for me.

In fact drop me a message with your details and I'll have a bash and I will post it to you.
Do you know what the font is?

After all the help and encouragement you've given me it would be wrong not to try!

Richie

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #288 on: April 04, 2020, 03:59:40 AM »
Rick if Von B's machine isn't successful I can try to cut some masks on the machine Mrs W just bought for me.

In fact drop me a message with your details and I'll have a bash and I will post it to you.

After all the help and encouragement you've given me it would be wrong not to try!

Richie

Go for it, Richie!
I'm still going to try this end. For future projects and all  ;)

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #289 on: April 04, 2020, 04:21:29 AM »

Richie

Go for it, Richie!
I'm still going to try this end. For future projects and all  ;)

vB

Thanks Richie and of course von Buckles. I am attaching the link to one of the drawings I have shown here before. This one shows no white outline so probably the closest I can come to font. Richie, I guess you could use your camel rudder for length and height of the required letters. As for the white outlines I can always try to hand paint around those that require outlining.The other drawings are to be seen on the Pheon Decals site and in the Osprey Camel Aces book.
RAGIII

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=10848.0

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #290 on: April 04, 2020, 05:32:50 AM »
Yours if you want them... I couldn't resist.

To the left will give you a hint for my next build  ;)
vB

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline RichieW

« Reply #291 on: April 04, 2020, 05:42:11 AM »
Looks Good Von B, I may have thought of a way to do the white borders. You need to make 2 sets of stencils, one with marginally smaller characters. The rectangle they sit in needs to be the same size so they can be lined up perfectly.

Am struggling to match the typeface, sadly my vector drawing skills are non existent so can't do it that way. Will have another play tomorrow, Mrs W is wanting to see me today. :)

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #292 on: April 04, 2020, 06:09:18 AM »
Yours if you want them... I couldn't resist.

To the left will give you a hint for my next build  ;)
vB

well of course I want them von B. Let me know how much you need to get them in the mail.
RAGIII

Looks Good Von B, I may have thought of a way to do the white borders. You need to make 2 sets of stencils, one with marginally smaller characters. The rectangle they sit in needs to be the same size so they can be lined up perfectly.

Am struggling to match the typeface, sadly my vector drawing skills are non existent so can't do it that way. Will have another play tomorrow, Mrs W is wanting to see me today. :)

Richie, I appreciate the offer and if you figure it out I will take yours as well. There May be another woolett Camel build in My future!
RAGIII

Now I have to apologize to Gene for My Lack of Patience! He was working on Making decals for the Dragon Motif. Had I WAITED I would have saved Myself Money on buying the Hobby Craft kit. The Decals he made arrived today. They are Far and Away better than those from the Hobbycraft kit! He was worried about the resolution and quality  ::) They are so good I am going to remove the ones I used and use those he supplied! In addition he supplied so many extras, and in a couple of sizes, that I can build the earlier one if Rowan doesn't come out with his Camel Aces sheet. I could also think about that old Revelle 1/28th kit. So thanks Gene! This build has Truly become a representation of what This Forum Community is ALL About!
RAGIII
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 06:17:45 AM by RAGIII »

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #293 on: April 04, 2020, 06:52:03 AM »
well of course I want them von B. Let me know how much you need to get them in the mail.
RAGIII

Good, then you shall have them!

Richie, there is no rectangle with this serial. It's just black with white fringe. I will leave the hand painting of the white to Rick!!  ;D ;D

Rick, when you get these, burnish some low tack tape over the rectangle, lift the mask off the backing paper and do your thang! You know this already, but I want you to observe the tiny bits in the serial  :D We don't want them going for a walk.

I will sling these in an envelope and fire them off to you on Monday. The Lord only knows how long these will take in transit, what with the World in lock-down an all. Fingers crossed they hit your fair shores in under a week.

Cheers,
BvB  8)

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #294 on: April 04, 2020, 07:57:53 AM »
RAGIII

Good, then you shall have them!

Richie, there is no rectangle with this serial. It's just black with white fringe. I will leave the hand painting of the white to Rick!!  ;D ;D

Rick, when you get these, burnish some low tack tape over the rectangle, lift the mask off the backing paper and do your thang! You know this already, but I want you to observe the tiny bits in the serial  :D We don't want them going for a walk.

I will sling these in an envelope and fire them off to you on Monday. The Lord only knows how long these will take in transit, what with the World in lock-down an all. Fingers crossed they hit your fair shores in under a week.

Cheers,
BvB  8)

Thanks Bob! I have painted the initial oils on the boots on the CSM figure. Just need to touch up and do a tad more shading and highlighting.
RAGIII

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #295 on: April 04, 2020, 11:24:29 AM »
His leggings are turn out pretty snazzie so far Rick , he looks good start by his mount !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RichieW

« Reply #296 on: April 04, 2020, 07:19:49 PM »
With apologies I had a bit of a fail trying to copy the serial typeface, Bob's looks perfect though.

Henry is looking well dressed though!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #297 on: April 04, 2020, 11:13:14 PM »
His leggings are turn out pretty snazzie so far Rick , he looks good start by his mount !

Terri

Thanks Terri!
RAGIII
With apologies I had a bit of a fail trying to copy the serial typeface, Bob's looks perfect though.

Henry is looking well dressed though!

No problem Richie. I appreciate the effort! Thanks for the comments on Henry!
RAGIII

Offline FAf

« Reply #298 on: April 04, 2020, 11:18:36 PM »
Fantastic build and I must confess that I might copy a trick or two for my Pup...

I'm caught up in spring cleaning right now, but I made masks for the serial on my Pup and I had a look at your profile... Making a mask that allows you to paint the white outlines shouldn't be impossible. I'll have a try later today and let you know, even though Bob's looks fine.

/Fredrik

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #299 on: April 04, 2020, 11:20:54 PM »
Fantastic build and I must confess that I might copy a trick or two for my Pup...

I'm caught up in spring cleaning right now, but I made masks for the serial on my Pup and I had a look at your profile... Making a mask that allows you to paint the white outlines shouldn't be impossible. I'll have a try later today and let you know, even though Bob's looks fine.

/Fredrik

Thanks Fredrik! I greatly appreciate all of the help offered on this build as I said before!
RAGIII