Author Topic: Gotha G.1 - Feodora (Wingnut Wings, 1/32)  (Read 13637 times)

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Re: Gotha G.1 - Feodora (Wingnut Wings, 1/32)
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2019, 06:11:21 PM »
Thank you, all.

Alistair, if you are interested in the outcome you do not have to wait. I have already used the propellers from the same source in my Albatros B.II and AEG G.IV (I am sorry, I do not know what wood was used but I can ask :))

Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline aliluke

« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2019, 06:45:03 PM »
Thanks Przemol
I may give these a try - I have had reasonable success rendering the propeller with paint but it is a job I enjoy the least amongst our many enjoyable tasks and challenges in model making. Certainly think one of the veneers is walnut - a very common wood for ship modelling. The other? Holly or boxwood? For sure, your results with the veneers beat painting! And I have no fear of woodworking.

Thanks
Alistair
It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2019, 08:26:37 PM »
Thanks Przemol
I may give these a try - I have had reasonable success rendering the propeller with paint but it is a job I enjoy the least amongst our many enjoyable tasks and challenges in model making. Certainly think one of the veneers is walnut - a very common wood for ship modelling. The other? Holly or boxwood? For sure, your results with the veneers beat painting! And I have no fear of woodworking.

Thanks
Alistair

These veneers are really worth a try. For a long time I was doing my best with painting the propellers but when I tried these on Albatros B.II I decided - no more painting. This looks much better, it gives a strong impression of truly wooden propeller. Though, one has to agree, the wood grain is definitely out of scale, even for 1/32. A matter of compromise :)

Offline Karimb

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2019, 06:22:52 AM »
Thanks Przemol

Thanks
Alistair

These veneers are really worth a try. For a long time I was doing my best with painting the propellers but when I tried these on Albatros B.II I decided - no more painting. This looks much better, it gives a strong impression of truly wooden propeller. Though, one has to agree, the wood grain is definitely out of scale, even for 1/32. A matter of compromise :)

Hi Perzemol. Following your build closely. Any chance you can let us know where you purchased the precut veneers from as in which company produces them or are they custom made for you? Many thanks
Karim

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2019, 06:52:41 AM »
Thanks Przemol

Thanks
Alistair

Hi Perzemol. Following your build closely. Any chance you can let us know where you purchased the precut veneers from as in which company produces them or are they custom made for you? Many thanks
Karim

Hi Karim. A thread in a neighbor section What's new explains all, I hope. If you have any more questions regarding that offer I will be glad to help you
https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=10487.0

Offline Karimb

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2019, 06:58:29 PM »
Thanks Przemol

Thanks
Alistair

Karim

Hi Karim. A thread in a neighbor section What's new explains all, I hope. If you have any more questions regarding that offer I will be glad to help you
https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=10487.0

Perzemol many many thanks on taking the time to post the link for me. Will probably buy a couple as it sure simplifies the process of carving from zéro the veneers!
Looking forward to your next build update!
Karim

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2019, 06:15:37 AM »
The props look Excellent Przemo!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2019, 07:26:51 AM »
Thank you, Rick.

And here is some more results on the propellers - veneers are cut and sanded to the shape.
Boss plates cut off the kit parts and undergoing some sanding on the back sides.

And the grey front section got some wash to emphasize the surface details

« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 08:07:20 AM by PrzemoL »

Offline Nigrivender

• Do wrong and it will be good
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2019, 07:53:45 AM »
Wonderful work and model. A great technique for showing the smallest details. (Tak trzymać  :D )
If something can't be repaired it means it's not broken

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2019, 10:01:02 PM »
Excellent progress on the props and the wash looks Terrific!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2019, 07:09:25 AM »
Propellers, tail skid and anemometer ready.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 08:07:40 AM by PrzemoL »

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2019, 09:34:38 PM »
Very nice detail work going on there, Przemyslaw - as always!

Offline Nigrivender

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2019, 06:32:06 AM »

Very nice propellers. And a great piece of work.

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2019, 07:59:04 AM »
Thanks.

BTW, that Gotha in the photo has Integral propellers.

And here the final assembly has finally started!!! You may notice that I opted for a different sequence than what is suggested in the kit instructions.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 08:08:09 AM by PrzemoL »

Offline Nigrivender

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2019, 06:14:43 PM »
Przemek wasn't about propellers :), I don't have enough knowledge to distinguish between propellers. I just wanted to show you an interesting picture. What Gotha was huge and complicated and the genius of early engineers.