Author Topic: WNW Sopwith Snipe: Early: Albatros DVa Jasta 6  (Read 58874 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: WNW Sopwith Snipe: Early: Albatros DVa Jasta 6
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2014, 01:39:13 AM »
Bud, Von Buckles, Nigel, Ernie, Patrick and Lance,
Thank you all for your very Enthusiastic  support and positive comments! They are appreciated and encourage me to go forward! Lance, I want to emphasize that what you see is what you get reference the Snipe Pit. I have added nothing but the bracing cables and control wires! This is a fantastic kit and I believe it to be the best Out of the Box interior they have done to date! JMHO of course.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2014, 02:49:49 AM »
Rick,
    I have the Snipe in my Stash batting order and I'm really looking forward to getting at Her. A "Bif' and Sopwith Tripe in the past year has me a little "PC-10'ed out" presently but it won't be long, and your Build isn't hurting the Snipe's chances of arriving on the work bench soon for certain.
A lovely and ambitious project you have going here, I'll be following carefully.........
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2014, 11:11:04 PM »
Rick,
    I have the Snipe in my Stash batting order and I'm really looking forward to getting at Her. A "Bif' and Sopwith Tripe in the past year has me a little "PC-10'ed out" presently but it won't be long, and your Build isn't hurting the Snipe's chances of arriving on the work bench soon for certain.
A lovely and ambitious project you have going here, I'll be following carefully.........
Cheers,
Lance

Lance,
As I have often stated if my builds inspire someone to take a kit out of their stash and begin to build then my purpose for posting in Forums is fulfilled! I am Looking forward to seeing your Modeling Skills enhance this already terrific kit!
RAGIII

Offline mgunns

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2014, 05:50:25 AM »
Hello Rick:

Like the others have said, outstanding workmanship.  I too like the Snipe and the work you are doing on it, nicely done all around.  Like Lance, it is probably the next up and your work is motivating me to take it out as well and start on it, when Mr. Pfalz is finished.

Looking forward to your next update.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2014, 11:09:53 AM »
Hello Rick:

Like the others have said, outstanding workmanship.  I too like the Snipe and the work you are doing on it, nicely done all around.  Like Lance, it is probably the next up and your work is motivating me to take it out as well and start on it, when Mr. Pfalz is finished.

Looking forward to your next update.

Best

Mark

Mark, Thanks for the very nice comments, they are appreciated! Hope to see your Snipe Soon!!
RAGIII

I have been working on the Albatros interior. This one continued to FIGHT me all of the way. If it could break it did.... Nuff said !
 My next post will be photos of the Albatros cockpit. Both the Snipe and Albie are ready now to button up the fuselage  :)
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2014, 11:25:08 AM »
Here are the Photos: This is OOB with the control wires added from stretched Sprue. No Bo Magic here but I like the results... Especially considering all of the repairs I have done. The good news is that my repairs worked and can't be seen with a closed fuselage  ::)
RAGIII

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2014, 11:38:53 AM »
Congrats, Amigo!  Those innards are stunning.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2014, 12:26:26 PM »
Congrats, Amigo!  Those innards are stunning.
Cheers,
Bud

Thanks Bud! By the way, the obvious broken former near the seat is glued into the left fuselage half. I found that to be the best way to insure proper location..... The unattached seat support is now fixed, and the fuselage is joined.
RAGIII

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2014, 06:58:58 PM »
Hello Rick,

Tremendous work my friend.  As always your cockpit looks great. Nothing to be seen from the broken part. Congratulations. Well done

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2014, 09:43:02 PM »
This is looking so nice Rick. It may be that when the fuselage is sealed up lots can't be seen - but yes, we know it's there .......!

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2014, 09:54:47 PM »
Good progress on the Alby, Rick.  Could you tell me what paint you used for the green in the
engine area? She's coming along very well! 

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2014, 10:28:10 PM »
These birds are obviously in very good hands Rick.  :D.  Excellent work!  Carry on.  ;)

Cheers,

Bob

Offline radio

« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2014, 12:48:25 AM »
That will be a very great and beautiful work Rick. :)
Martin

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2014, 05:08:43 AM »
It's interesting to see that you are working on two kits at the same time - I seldom have time available for one kit...

I think it is not necessary to have Bo's madness/magic applied here, even "only OOB" those kits are tremendous. And skillful painting will enhance that even further.

Stefan

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2014, 12:22:48 PM »
Hello Rick,

Tremendous work my friend.  As always your cockpit looks great. Nothing to be seen from the broken part. Congratulations. Well done

Kind regards
Patrick

Thanks Patrick. I am always happy that you are aboard on my builds!
RAGIII

This is looking so nice Rick. It may be that when the fuselage is sealed up lots can't be seen - but yes, we know it's there .......!

Best wishes
Nigel

Thanks Nigel! Yes a bunch will be hard to see in the completed model! In this case that works both ways as my repairs are also invisible  :o
RAGIII

Good progress on the Alby, Rick.  Could you tell me what paint you used for the green in the
engine area? She's coming along very well! 

Cheers,
Ernie :)

Thanks Ernie! As for the Greyish green paint I use any one of three. In this case I started with WW2 Italian interior green. I also use British interior green, and RLM 02 as the mood strikes.
RAGIII

These birds are obviously in very good hands Rick.  :D.  Excellent work!  Carry on.  ;)

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks Bob! I appreciate your looking in on my builds!
RAGIII

That will be a very great and beautiful work Rick. :)
Martin

Thanks Martin, Your continued support is appreciated.
RAGIII

It's interesting to see that you are working on two kits at the same time - I seldom have time available for one kit...

I think it is not necessary to have Bo's madness/magic applied here, even "only OOB" those kits are tremendous. And skillful painting will enhance that even further.

Stefan

Thank You Stefan!
RAGIII