Author Topic: Fokker Dr.I  (Read 4679 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Fokker Dr.I
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 09:32:09 PM »
Have a look hear Sean, Jadar Hobby Shop, fourth item from the bottom.

http://www.jadar.com.pl/part/part-aircraft32a.htm

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Ssasho0

• Scale Models Club Bulgaria
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 09:42:57 PM »
Hi Steven,

start the FOkker and when you feel a burn out go to the spokes threading for litlle cooling :) Please hit us with some pictures immediately after the real start of the thing, even thou I have no idea how are you not going to change your mind gazillion times from now to the strat of the actual build :-D I suppose this is the sign of a mind, set on a specific target, not like mine wandering from one kit to the next and back

Have a look hear Sean, Jadar Hobby Shop, fourth item from the bottom.

http://www.jadar.com.pl/part/part-aircraft32a.htm

Des.
As far as I know, Jadar owns PART so this is the place to look for any PART PE fret

Bets regards,
SAsho
Think globally, act locally!

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 10:36:50 PM »

Hmmm, I'll have to think about the engine.  If Lukasz isn't available, I may have to use the kit part.  The F.I kit has a resin engine, or it maybe shock-horror the kit part.  Has anyone put a Vector UR.II into a Roden Dr.I kit with a Ron Kootje cowling?

I haven't actually tried to fit the Kootje cowling over the Vector engine, but Ron made the cowling with the Vector Ur in mind so it ought to fit :)

Lukasz (sorry Lukasz I always misspell your name) has announced a Ur.II is in the pipeline, and as RB suggests, I am pretty sure it will be the last word in realism. His other rotaries are just mind blowing. If I were you I'd kick the motor decision down the road and concentrate on the other stuff, hopefully when you get to it, the Taurus Ur.II will be available :)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2014, 12:54:05 AM »
Oh, I'm also interested in the streaky green camouflage.  I reckon this one was streaky green applied over a base coat of blue; so it would be green and blue.

I don't think so -- you can see the so-called "return" on the second photo -- indicating that the blue undersides were painted after the streaks. I would guess that streaks over CDL / blue undersides is correct for this one. But hey, it's WWI, no one knows anything for sure. :)

Offline Russell

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2014, 01:24:33 AM »
I realise WW1 colours are a contentious subject (i.e. ‘pistols at dawn’ at the milder end of the argument scale).

From what I can gather it’s the two F1’s which ‘may’ have been overall blue (all surfaces) with streaks added on top of the blue – that’s one school of thought anyway.

The Dr.I’s painted as Bo mentions........ probably.......

Regards
Russell

Offline mgunns

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2014, 03:59:51 AM »
Hello Steven:

I can tell you are pumped about building this kit.  I will be following along as you do it.  Looks like you have your laundry list of goodies and this proves to be a fun build.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2014, 10:04:27 AM »
exciting news, i am putting the finishing touches on the exact same kit. i built it as a dr.1 though, in ltn hans korners colors. all the stuff is there to do either the f.1 or dr.1.

Offline Steven Robson

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2014, 11:17:13 AM »
Yes, I've got parts flying-in from all over the modelling universe.  How exciting!  :)

This aircraft will need some careful study regarding the colours.  Streaky green camo over CDL, with the under-surfaces then painted blue, this makes sense (thank you).  I'll do a proper update list and photos of the aftermarket parts just before committing the build.  My head is full of very excited spaghetti today.

Oh, on the subject of spaghetti, I thought I'd share with you an update on Jamo's wheels (he's expecting an end of August delivery)  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Better put these ones in the Hall of Shame Gallery and stop teasing Jamo, now back to your jigs and stay focused.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:32:00 AM by Steven Robson »
Make Otto your motto for lovely spoked wheels.

Offline Steven Robson

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2014, 01:50:30 PM »
Just got the Fokker Dr.I decals for JGII from Rowan, sheet No: 32002.

What a great joy it is when the decals arrive in the post from Pheon Models.  :)

(I'll post photos when I stop prancing around the lounge room singing Deutschlandlied)

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2014, 02:01:27 PM »
love getting modelling goodies in the mail. takes me back to childhood when i used to mail order squadron . 2 weeks later you get the box with half dozen or so models and its like christmas in july. cant wait to see you get going on this kit mate.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 05:00:12 PM »
Just give the word, Steven!
The 'Strippers' will follow soon after!

;D ;D

Image removed as it was deemed inappropriate by the administrator.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 06:42:07 PM by Des »

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2014, 02:21:02 PM »
not what i had in mind when it come to strippers and bobs buckles. where did you get the pics of me dear old mom at work eh?

Offline Steven Robson

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2014, 04:06:18 PM »
Post modified by administrator as it contained inappropriate content.

Oh, that's really naughty of Nobby von Bobby!  heheheheheh  ;D (think I just wet myself)

Yes, I did contact Nobby for some strippers to improve the lovely curves and surface details of my Roden kit.  I can see that I'll have to be very specific with Bob about what sizes I'm after.

I give the young lady 10/10 for being game.  Now ALBATROS1234, if Nobby and your Mum are happy, that's all that counts.  Clearly, the night life in London, errrr, caters for a diverse range of tastes (it's a brave man that will go out drinking on a Saturday night with Bob from Buckles).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 06:41:07 PM by Des »

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2014, 02:25:07 PM »
hows the old joke go......if you'd keep your mother at home things like that wouldnt happen. teehee