Author Topic: "Captured!" WNW Albatros DV in RFC Livery  (Read 55946 times)

Offline Monty

Re: "Captured!" WNW Albatros DV in RFC Livery
« Reply #315 on: March 04, 2019, 05:49:59 AM »
Hi Gary! That's looking pretty exceptional and the rigging is just fine! I hope you finish it soon - it's beautiful now and will be even better! Regards, Marc

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #316 on: March 04, 2019, 06:30:16 AM »
Hi Gary! That's looking pretty exceptional and the rigging is just fine! I hope you finish it soon - it's beautiful now and will be even better! Regards, Marc

Thanks, Marc. It is rather interesting in a dirty and beaten up sort of way.;D  It just rather caught my attention 'way back in the 1970's when I did a model of the same a/c in 1/72nd scale. Things have surely changed in the last 40-odd years!  8)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #317 on: March 04, 2019, 02:26:15 PM »
 Gary,
Wow!!  Outstanding works come from your bench my old friend. A Masterpiece in plastic.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #318 on: March 05, 2019, 09:05:26 AM »
Gary,
Wow!!  Outstanding works come from your bench my old friend. A Masterpiece in plastic.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

Gregory, mio compadre! Good to hear from you! Thanks for visiting and thanks again for your very kind comment. We go back a long ways, do we not? I hope that all is well with you and yours, and that your modelling is enjoyable and productive. Best Regards!  8)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #319 on: March 11, 2019, 10:04:08 AM »
Well, Gentlemen, I'm pleased to report that D4545/17 is now complete and has taken up residence in my display cabinet. Sixteen months is a long time but it was time well spent as a Memorial to Des, as I noted on page one of this thread. I can't enter the current Memorial build as I started this build so long ago. Accordingly, I've posted several images on the "Construction Completed" in case any Forumites might want to have a look.

Thank you all most sincerely for your assistance and patience over the past several months. I most truly appreciate all of the comments, suggestions and visits I received.  8)

Cheers, All!

Gary

Cheers!
Gary

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #320 on: March 11, 2019, 09:49:03 PM »
Your build has been a true inspiration. The result is a Gorgeous Albatros!I love how she turned out!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #321 on: March 11, 2019, 10:22:43 PM »
Your build has been a true inspiration. The result is a Gorgeous Albatros!I love how she turned out!!
RAGIII

Hello, Rick, and thanks for visiting. Thanks also for your kind remarks: I very much appreciate them! The build was certainly long enough (!) but I'm happy that it worked out well, thanks in no small part to visits and suggestions, comments and critiques of many Forumites, all of which were welcome indeed. Best of luck to you with your current and future builds!  8)
Cheers!
Gary