Author Topic: New Project for 2018  (Read 10398 times)

Offline Trackpad

Re: New Project for 2018
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2019, 11:22:51 PM »
 So Gary just between you and I. Will we soon be following a 1/32 scale Lanc thread from your talented bench?
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

Hi, Gregory. Well, just between you and me, I don't think that the big Lancaster is in my future for quite a while yet. I've just received a commission build for four models of 1/35th scale armoured vehicles. That will take at least a year if not a few additional months to complete. The real problem is the building of a brand new display room for the beastie. This model is, what...with a four foot wingspan? The cost of the paint alone would break my modelling budget!  ;D

But the reality is that time passes, and I'm 74 now. Equally, I have a cache of over 24 kits that are my favourites, and I'll have to complete them before I can consider the good ol' Lanc. But I do note that WNW may also be offering a "forward fuselage" kit of the cockpit area forward. Now, that might fit my current display case! BTW, don't put too much emphasis on my age. I simply consider that, as of now, only half my life is gone...!  ::)

Best of good luck to you with your SE5. I'll be watching, not out of criticism but out of admiration of the work you can turn out. Cheers, my old friend!  8)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2019, 08:22:33 AM »
Good to see that you are working on this one Gregory. The wires on the engine are truly marvellous - a realistic touch which really brings life to the part.

Stephen.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2019, 02:56:11 PM »
Stephen,
Thanks my old friend. Those wires came me fits. The photographs are the third and final attempt at wiring a Hisso.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"