Author Topic: WNW AEG  (Read 4553 times)

Offline MoFo

Re: WNW AEG
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 04:30:26 AM »
Shipping on my kit was EMS, so... not a slower delivery method.

Kai

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 07:04:53 AM »
WNW kits used to make their way to Wales a lot more swiftly than they do nowadays.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 07:40:20 AM »
I'm only just across the pond in Australia and my parcel which was shipped on the 20th February still has not arrived, but of late any orders from Winguts have been taking at least three weeks after I received a shipping notice. in the early days it used to take three days, so it is one of three things or a combination of all three, Wingnuts, NZ Post, Aussie Post (Aussie post has a reputation of being snail mail)

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline tinsmith

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 09:27:30 AM »
I know what you mean, Des: the same long wait in Washington, DC. I'm awaiting several orders, with the first placed February 5th...
Fingers crossed that they'll arrive before the 4 to 8 inches of snow expected here tomorrow! ~Ben

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 06:19:50 PM »
i ordered a junkers j.1 recently as i always wanted one but didnt get around to it. with all the sell out paranoia i feared i would loose my chance. point i am trying to make is it took barely over a week to get to new orleans louisiana u.s.a. i think there must be a number of variables and it will therefore vary. a couple years ago when x-mas stuff came thru, wanna say it was the year we got the dh-9a and w-29 as well as a few others, i forget what i got but me and my bud each ordered 2 or 3 kits. we ordered a week after the x-mas cutoff but it still took 2 months.received mid february, i remember really thnking they would never get here.

Offline zavod44

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2015, 08:24:52 AM »
Both my Albatros DVa and my AEG arrived yesterday.  I ordered them two minutes after the AEG went on sale....I don't know when that was so someone will have to do the math.....doesn't seem very long though....

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2015, 09:19:19 AM »
Well.....it says they attempted to deliver mine this afternoon but because the "receptacle was blocked" it was undeliverable. IN a word, Bullshit...I was here all day.

Don't they understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2015, 11:24:27 AM »
Thanks, Justin. I'm glad to know someone feels my pain.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2015, 03:53:28 PM »
mailmen suck. many times i have been home and later check my mailbox only to find a notification that they tryed to deliver a package that needed a signature but noone was home. so then i have to wait until the next day and goto the post office and claim the package they were to lazy to deliver 24 hrs earlier. i live in an apt so they didnt feel lie scaling the steps to the 2nd floor is what happened.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2015, 04:16:27 PM »
mailmen suck. many times i have been home and later check my mailbox only to find a notification that they tryed to deliver a package that needed a signature but noone was home. so then i have to wait until the next day and goto the post office and claim the package they were to lazy to deliver 24 hrs earlier. i live in an apt so they didnt feel lie scaling the steps to the 2nd floor is what happened.

well I have to disagree, at least about my LOCAL RURAL Mail Carrier. He knows me, Always asks about my Grand Daughter etc. He once drove up my 280', steep,SNOWY Driveway a few days before Christmas to deliver a Package because it came from New Zealand and he felt it must be important  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2015, 05:44:35 PM »
Like you Rick I have a really good postman. If I happen to be in the front yard when he makes his rounds he always stops for a chat, sometimes for a good ten minutes or so. He always asks me about my models and what new project I am working on, he was very interested when I showed him my watch makers lathe, just a really nice bloke.

Des.

Kai

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2015, 05:57:34 PM »
My postman demands money before handing over my WNW parcels.

If I don't pay, he keeps them.

That's Parcelforce for you.

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2015, 08:13:38 PM »
Like you Rick I have a really good postman. If I happen to be in the front yard when he makes his rounds he always stops for a chat, sometimes for a good ten minutes or so. He always asks me about my models and what new project I am working on, he was very interested when I showed him my watch makers lathe, just a really nice bloke.

Des.

If he stops to chat with any of his customer pals, then you say that your nation mail service is a snail mail...  ;)
Sorry, Des, I just could not stop from this joke.
 Some time ago, when my son was younger he used to watch a cartoon about Koala Brothers. It takes place in Australia, though I am not sure if it is Australia-made. But one of the characters in that charming kids series is a turtle-postie...  ;D
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline keith_christie

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2015, 04:06:24 PM »
Hello Gentlmen,
Has any one here had a WNW AEG kit delivered to the UK yet. If so I'm interested in what extra charges were incurred by customs and Parcel force.
My reason for this is I'm trying to decide whether to order this direct from NZ or whether to use a reseller here in the UK.
I have used both methods before and using the reseller is generally a shorter wait but is slightly more expensive.

Best Regards

Keith.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2015, 06:18:07 PM »
You are probably correct in what you say Przemol, the more times he stops to chat the slower the mail becomes, but hey, it's nice to have a really friendly postie  :) ;)

Des.