Author Topic: WNW AEG  (Read 4543 times)

Offline 15badcats

WNW AEG
« on: March 03, 2015, 12:20:27 PM »
Has anyone received their shipping notice yet? I can't wait to get this kit

Michael Scarborough

Re: WNW AEG
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 01:22:51 PM »
Likewise. Says mine is already at customs!

I asked Richard Alexander if I was the first purchaser and, if so, if I won a free turkey.

Jokes about turkeys are lost on you Commonwealth boys.

Michael (who lives in the New World)

Offline boggie

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 01:41:42 PM »
Likewise. Says mine is already at customs!

I asked Richard Alexander if I was the first purchaser and, if so, if I won a free turkey.

Jokes about turkeys are lost on you Commonwealth boys.

Michael (who lives in the New World)

Hi Michael.

Hope you won a turkey.

I'm sure you didn't buy one.  ;)

regards from Oz

Offline jknaus

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 11:01:51 PM »
Notice waiting for me this morning. Now hopefully next week it should be here.
James

Kai

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 12:43:14 AM »
Not had mine - worried!

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 06:30:03 AM »
Boggie....if I do win a Turkey, everyone is invited to NYC for a Traditional Thanksgiving dinner. I still use the roasting pan my mom got in California in 1943 while she was there "waiting for daddy to come back from the War". He did and it still makes amazing turkey.

On a less succulent note, I was seduced into thinking that "held for clearance" meant that it was held at Customs on this side of the Bigger Pond. Nope...help in N Zed...but now on its way.

Diorama in planning stages!

Cheers from NYC...where it's snowing...again....

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 07:17:44 AM »
My last two orders with Wingnuts were processed and a shipping notice sent on the 20th and the second on the 25th of February, I'm still waiting delivery.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline boggie

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 07:31:20 AM »
Boggie....if I do win a Turkey, everyone is invited to NYC for a Traditional Thanksgiving dinner. I still use the roasting pan my mom got in California in 1943 while she was there "waiting for daddy to come back from the War". He did and it still makes amazing turkey.

On a less succulent note, I was seduced into thinking that "held for clearance" meant that it was held at Customs on this side of the Bigger Pond. Nope...help in N Zed...but now on its way.

Diorama in planning stages!

Cheers from NYC...where it's snowing...again....

WOW! 1943. That's impressive.

Must be a very well seasoned roasting pan by now!  :D

Even better that it has been a part of so many happy family memories, and continues to be.  :)

Wingnutter Command delivered me a Pup yesterday. If you still need Hinomarus, drop me a pm.

cheers. 

Offline MoFo

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 09:29:25 AM »
For what it's worth...

I ordered a kit on Feb.21 (not the AEG), got a shipping notice on the 24th, it left NZ on the 27th, arrived in Canada on the 2nd and was delivered today.  No customs charges either (bonus!).

So about seven business days (eleven days total) from order to delivery.  I'd imagine it would be pretty similar for both Canada and the US, assuming it doesn't get tangled up in customs.

Offline LukasTheLight

• Addicted to Wingnuts...
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 04:15:27 PM »
My last two orders with Wingnuts were processed and a shipping notice sent on the 20th and the second on the 25th of February, I'm still waiting delivery.

Des.

I just sent email to guys in NZ asking about my orders there were dispatched (according to email from them) 19th and 23rd. Still nothing... fingers crossed :)

Lukas
"Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines.
They Can Fly Upside Down With Their Feet In The Air.
They Don't Think of Danger. They Really Don't Care.
Newton Would Think He Had Made A Mistake."

Lukas

Kai

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 05:47:07 PM »
Perhaps WNW have opted for a cheaper, slower NZ Post service, because kits do seem to be taking longer to arrive these days?

Offline Tony Haycock

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 05:53:03 PM »
Perhaps WNW have opted for a cheaper, slower NZ Post service, because kits do seem to be taking longer to arrive these days?

The only thing slower than NZ Post is a service operated by sloths... on tranquilizers. or maybe yhey are now using pigeons again.

Online macsporran

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 06:16:51 PM »
Let us know what size the box is when one arrives please. If it is same as the F2a this would go a long way to explain the pricing - if larger sprues meant more expensive production costs.

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 10:17:12 PM »

I agree. It takes longer for the kit to get from WNW to the post office then it does for it to get from the post office to my house in West Melbourne, Florida, USA. In the past it would be at my front porch three days after clicking submit. Now I'm lucky if it takes three weeks.

Of course, if they ever stop including shipping. We may really be in sticker shock for the shipping options and realize just how inexpensive these kits really are.

Offline petrov27

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 02:50:39 AM »
-Patrick