Author Topic: Out of commission  (Read 5324 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Out of commission
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2014, 11:56:18 PM »
Terri,
    Listen to the good advice that's flowing in and take it easy! Those leaves will soon be out of sight beneath a few feet of white stuff, so back to your Model Desk if you feel you must do something, you can rake them up in the Spring! ;)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2014, 01:04:10 AM »
On the mend just in time to rake leaves and then shovel snow.  :-\  Yes, it's a good thing! Just knowing that you can do even a mundane job again takes the monotonousness out of the chore.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2014, 03:35:51 AM »
Know the feeling about all those leaves and then wanting to start too soon. Last week my back started playing up (perennial problem which gets sorted by a chiropractor - no knives within a mile of me!), and on Monday I felt better so went for a walk…..and afterwards wished that I had waited a bit longer. So, don't do as I do, do as the others tell you and keep to one can of beer at a time and let the leaves wait until the spring! Use the time saved to do something really important - like that model on the bench.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2014, 12:17:21 AM »
I really thank - you guy's for all the support ! I will be taking it easy and will do a little and there and my next door neighbor said he will come and help , which is perfect . Can have tea with his wife Sara while we watch ! And yes I will be getting bench time in  ;)

Therapy is going well , but I don't like the lady who is aiding in this ..she isn't very pleasant . Only a week and a half to go so 5 more visit . Already though the shoulder isn't liking the cooler weathering and I can for see this being around for a long time !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline vincentm

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2014, 03:15:01 AM »
I have one more advice: come & live in France. In my area (western coast), we have snow one year out of ten or so, and never more than 2 inches thick. Which means: 1st it never gets really cold, 2nd you don't need a shovel in the winter (unless you have killed your neighbour and want to bury him in the garden).

Offline jknaus

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2014, 05:38:40 AM »
Sorry to hear this Terri. Take care of yourself. I can guarantee its no fun not being able to do the mundane. Hard to believe I miss being able to cut grass, etc. Hope everything heals up and you're good to go soon.
James