Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 428841 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #915 on: January 25, 2015, 12:17:13 PM »
The Camel is definitely a certainty, maybe even this year, The DR.1 I'm not sure of, it could come as a duellist set with the Camel, Spads, we are all hoping for these but will Wingnuts go that way and the Nieuport, this would be a certain big seller.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline ermeio

« Reply #916 on: January 25, 2015, 09:23:12 PM »
You may well be right at $200 (I hope not!), but I don't agree that Wingnuts are there purely to make money.

If they were, they would increase their batch production numbers so that they never run out - or at the very least, make a new batch once one is sold out. They would have ceased to offer free delivery, they would look to maximise sales by selling via retail instead of direct.

They make kits that they want to make - or, more to the point, Peter Jackson wants to make - then basically make a batch of them and then sell them. That's not the work of a profit driven company. Sure, it's making money, but it's doing it in a way where the normal market research to decide what to bring to market is missing in the conventional sense.

Please excuse my analysis - I'm an accountant and it's my job to maximise profits for businesses. I would love to spend some time working at WNW - it would be very easy indeed to increase their profits significantly!

I hope that it will be priced like  the Gotha... Without a strong euro and with the us economy still wrestling there are just a few that can afford those prices...
An accountant's reasoning sometimes leads to unintended consequences.
To continue their series we must help them sell as much kits as possible and soon.
But l do not continue, since Des asked so.

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #917 on: January 26, 2015, 07:35:10 AM »
A Camel would be very hard for me to refuse, notwithstanding my current position of staying with what I have in the cache. The AEG might also be a solid consideration, given that there is one parked about two hours' drive from my front door (yet another "stretched" Canadian connection!).

But I'll have to wait and see if these kits are produced first (yet another glimpse of the blindingly obvious!  ;D).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:38:00 AM by Trackpad »
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #918 on: January 27, 2015, 02:15:59 AM »
Since TVAL has built and flown a DH-4 American version, I suspect that the DH9 wing molds would be a starting point for various DH4 configurations.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #919 on: January 27, 2015, 07:30:37 PM »
I expected them to have a back log of orders when they returned to work on the 12th, but they would be working their butts off trying to get the orders out, plus, like you said Kai, they would be preparing the AEG for release in a few weeks, that will mean another heap of orders heading their way. I'm really looking forward to getting the AEG, I imagine it will be an excellent kit.

I think most of us are hoping for a surprise kit but I don't think it will happen until the end of the year, the Felixstowe and the W.12 were both huge surprises.

Des.

Offline Phillip

« Reply #920 on: January 27, 2015, 09:11:47 PM »
Hi All,
  The more I look at the sprues, the Windsock Datafile's and the new Felixstowe F,2a flying boat with it's RR. Eagle engines, the more I believe that a Fe.2d
is not that far away (hoping beyond hope ) if only someone would do conversions for the FE.'s Such as the the heavily armoured single seater's, the twin Vickers single seat night fighters ( the canvas awning for the front seat and  perhaps a decal denoting the hatched lines and internal position of spent cartridge cases, generators and search lights ) the oblique Vickers mount and oblique camera mounts, twin trainer FE.2c with a few resin after market items a whole world of build opportunities become available.
Regards
Phillip
P.S.
Does anyone have plans for the Felixstowe F2a Lighter?, I see a beautiful Diorama beckoning through the fog of that crystal ball!

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #921 on: January 30, 2015, 12:37:35 AM »
You may well be right at $200 (I hope not!), but I don't agree that Wingnuts are there purely to make money.

If they were, they would increase their batch production numbers so that they never run out - or at the very least, make a new batch once one is sold out. They would have ceased to offer free delivery, they would look to maximise sales by selling via retail instead of direct.

They make kits that they want to make - or, more to the point, Peter Jackson wants to make - then basically make a batch of them and then sell them. That's not the work of a profit driven company. Sure, it's making money, but it's doing it in a way where the normal market research to decide what to bring to market is missing in the conventional sense.

Please excuse my analysis - I'm an accountant and it's my job to maximise profits for businesses. I would love to spend some time working at WNW - it would be very easy indeed to increase their profits significantly!

I hope that it will be priced like  the Gotha... Without a strong euro and with the us economy still wrestling there are just a few that can afford those prices...
To continue their series we must help them sell as much kits as possible and soon.

Hi:

I just shipped a 2.7 pound (US) model kit to Australia from Melbourne, FL, USA, the cost was $39.00 US. WNW includes shipping and I know they are shipping from New Zealand; but I'm sure the cost is comparable, and if they are paying $39.00 or even half that for shipping, their prices really are pretty cheap compared to other quality kit manufacturers. Imagine what we would pay if shipping was extra?

Thanx,
Carl

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #922 on: January 30, 2015, 04:31:51 AM »

Hi:

I just shipped a 2.7 pound (US) model kit to Australia from Melbourne, FL, USA, the cost was $39.00 US. WNW includes shipping and I know they are shipping from New Zealand; but I'm sure the cost is comparable, and if they are paying $39.00 or even half that for shipping, their prices really are pretty cheap compared to other quality kit manufacturers. Imagine what we would pay if shipping was extra?

Thanx,
Carl

Not as much as you might think.  As much as they ship I would not at all be surprised if they were shipping everything at some kind of a lowered flat or bulk rate charge.
Honor Necessity

Offline eclarson

« Reply #923 on: January 30, 2015, 04:36:25 AM »

Not as much as you might think.  As much as they ship I would not at all be surprised if they were shipping everything at some kind of a lowered flat or bulk rate charge.

New Zealand Post probably has a special "Peter Jackson rate".   ;) :)

Eric

Offline petrov27

« Reply #924 on: January 30, 2015, 04:51:37 AM »

New Zealand Post probably has a special "Peter Jackson rate".   ;) :)

Ha - yeah I bet he might - given his LOTR and Hobbit movies all being filmed in country. The movies probably have boosted a little bit of tourism as well :)
-Patrick

Offline croas

« Reply #925 on: February 03, 2015, 10:19:39 AM »
Guys,
I have not looked at all the posts in this thread, forgive me if this is not new :
Some sprues on the W.12 are marked " W12 " only
Others - including the sprues with the fuselage halves - are marked " W12 early ".
That is a sure suggestion that the long-fuselage W12 is coming.

Offline croas

« Reply #926 on: February 03, 2015, 10:47:45 AM »
Adding to the price speculation for the AEG based on its dimensions when compared to other WNW kits :
The AEG has the same length of the Fe2b. And while its wingspan is significantly greater than any of the two-seaters, I think too that maybe we could hope that its price will be the same as the Gotha.

WarrenD

« Reply #927 on: February 03, 2015, 10:56:21 AM »
I hear you Nigel, and I'm there with you in spirit!  :D

As for me and my house, a series of Nieuports such as the 11, 16, or 17 would really make me send more money their way. A lot of my money.  Just sayin'.

Warren

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #928 on: February 11, 2015, 03:36:20 PM »
i wonder if another dfw c.v version is coming ad they did a mid and late, does that mean an early is on the way someday? maybe they want to see how the others do in sales.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #929 on: February 11, 2015, 08:30:57 PM »
I hope it is released very soon, I have my finger poised over the PayPal pay button, any day now  :) ;) ;)

Des.