Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 429645 times)

WarrenD

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #675 on: November 23, 2014, 02:19:58 AM »
I'm sure the Razor is in the pipeline Ernie.

Warren

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #676 on: November 23, 2014, 02:55:45 AM »

One wonders how many of those spaces are reserved for Super Kit re- releases, if any?

<baseless speculation>
My guess is those will have a new series number
</baseless speculation>

Offline ermeio

« Reply #677 on: November 23, 2014, 03:35:59 AM »

One wonders how many of those spaces are reserved for Super Kit re- releases, if any?

<baseless speculation>
My guess is those will have a new series number
</baseless speculation>

This morning I was wondering just about the same thing and guessed that very same answer, Bo!
:-)
Er me
I was also asking myself if the next bomber will be a Dh 10...

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #678 on: November 23, 2014, 04:03:19 AM »
I found this statement at the Albatros production subforum:

Just to say we are hoping to have a limited reprint of our classic  Felixstowe Datafile out next month now that we have three new kits acoming.

Three new Felixstowe kits? Or do i read something in the text that is not included?

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #679 on: November 23, 2014, 04:24:25 AM »
Mike West (Lone Star Models) is making a 1/48 scale kit, the timing of which looks a bit unfortunate now as the WNW kits will take a big chunk of his potential market
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #680 on: November 23, 2014, 04:26:17 AM »
I wonder if one of those 20 boxes will at some point contain a Fokker E.V/D.VIII?
That would make for a happy bunny over here. ;)  From what I know, there is only
the Battle Axe version out there and it is pretty rare now.

Cheers,
Ernie :)

Avis did quite a nice one in 1/32 which, although OOP, is still obtainable on ebay from the Ukraine from time to time

There is one for sale right now from the UK:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avis-1-32-scale-Fokker-E-V-Rare-/331385341552?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item4d281b0670
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline ermeio

« Reply #681 on: November 23, 2014, 06:28:00 AM »
There WAS one on e-bay

Pity that a s discontinued that kit
I remember stashes of unsold DVIII until it become abruptly scarce.
(But also shops are thinning down... )

mike in calif

« Reply #682 on: November 23, 2014, 10:38:35 AM »
The AVIS kit is not too bad, and just wants a careful build.

Offline janh

« Reply #683 on: November 24, 2014, 03:16:33 AM »
unfortunately the brisket an ninak post war show no news. i would buy these in the wink of an eye...

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #684 on: November 24, 2014, 12:29:29 PM »

The updated list, we now have 20 spare spots....

Hmmmm . . . twenty more releases and then WnW disappears as quickly as they appeared? It could happen . . .

From what I remember, when I first compiled the list it didn't go all the way to #32066 or close to it at all....So I don't think that WNW will disappear (their business model and tactics appear to successful....but who knows?) and I'm tipping that the list will eventually grow beyond #32066.

All mere speculation of course!! ;) ;D

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #685 on: November 24, 2014, 01:33:49 PM »
One kit I am surprised has not appeared in the last few years is a Viper powered SE5a.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #686 on: November 24, 2014, 05:06:32 PM »
One kit I am surprised has not appeared in the last few years is a Viper powered SE5a.
... especially as I'd get me one (in USAS guise)!
Richard

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #687 on: November 24, 2014, 09:52:23 PM »

Perhaps WNW expected the after market boys to step up and make what little is actually required to convert the kit.

A little surprising no one has. I'd been working on Rodens Viper when WNW released their SE5a and it stopped there though I had aquuired a nice resin Rad from Mastercasters (I think) and Part of Poland's Etch set for it.

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #688 on: November 24, 2014, 10:46:09 PM »

Perhaps WNW expected the after market boys to step up and make what little is actually required to convert the kit.

A little surprising no one has. I'd been working on Rodens Viper when WNW released their SE5a and it stopped there though I had aquuired a nice resin Rad from Mastercasters (I think) and Part of Poland's Etch set for it.

Keith

Hi Keith, that's the way I planned to go too. What can you say about Roden's S.E.5a? Should I go for it together with the aftermarket stuff? Or better hope and wait for WnW to release a Viper-powered S.E.5a?
Richard

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #689 on: November 24, 2014, 11:05:06 PM »
I just read about the Felixstowe!!

Without going back and counting, I think I have a total of 17 WNW kits all together including the 6 (almost 7) completed.  There are several models both early and recent that I have not got. 

For me, my choice of model is mainly about which ones I like the look of.  I am by no means a WWI aviation historian, and I have no great affinity to aircraft manufacturers, individual pilots, jastas, seaplanes, twin seaters etc that others may have and which may drive their modelling choices.  Until recent years I was aware of only a few types such as the Fokkers, Sopwith, Bristol, so to me many of the aircraft types are new.  I didn't even know about lozenge until recent years.  I would have always said the Fokker Eindecker is my favourite WWI aircraft due to its relative simplicity and that the low/mid level monoplane and tail layout was and remains the layout used from aircraft such as Spitfires and A380s.  I would also say the the Dridecker (MvR) would also be of interest for me due to its notoriety.

Also many of the WNW I possess have been gifts.  I would not necessarily have chosen the Fe2b as I think it is damned ugly, but having received it I would now say it is possibly my favourite model due to the complexity of the build, exposed engine, rigging etc. 

So in the last 18 months or so I have not been too bothered about some of the newer WNW kits.  Undoubtedly excellent as they are. not many have taken my fancy as "must haves".

Until today that is.  Looking at the Felixstowes, with their colour options, this is now a must have for me.