Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 428890 times)

Offline miecio52

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #660 on: November 22, 2014, 12:19:37 PM »
January 1 is my birthday, and I know what I will have a gift-huraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ;)
Regards
 Mietek
 IPMS Poland / Silesia

WarrenD

« Reply #661 on: November 22, 2014, 01:21:51 PM »
Eric, as if you didn't know already, that woman is a keeper! ;D  (FWIW, so is mine.)

I always feel sorry for guys whose wives aren't supportive of their scale modeling interests.

Warren

Offline eclarson

« Reply #662 on: November 22, 2014, 01:54:05 PM »
Eric, as if you didn't know already, that woman is a keeper! ;D  (FWIW, so is mine.)

I always feel sorry for guys whose wives aren't supportive of their scale modeling interests.

Warren

Oh, most definitely!  She's even dabbled in the hobby herself having built this 1/700 Titanic a couple years ago.  It even won a 2nd place award at local show!   ;D

I provided tools, advice, and moral support but she did all the work, even learning to use an airbrush in the process.  She told me she now has a much greater appreciation for what I do.  Yup, a keeper for sure.

Cheers,
Eric

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #663 on: November 22, 2014, 04:43:14 PM »
My wife is supportive as well. I could be into buying and rebuilding exotic sports cars or shooting heroin into my eyeballs, so plastic scale models are pretty much fine.

Where I live, if there is another scale modeler, he or she is staying anonymous and my friends and acquaintances think my fascination with plastic airplane kits is kind of cute and a little odd. They have no idea what this is all about. If I try to enlighten them I quickly produce the MEGO effect (my eyes glaze over) in them.

To bad for them...
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline Dwaynewilly

« Reply #664 on: November 22, 2014, 04:57:29 PM »
I guess a  Friedrichshafen GIII is not out of the question then either?  Who would have thought we'd see these monsters in 1/32 scale?  WOW!!!  They will need their own display case of course.

Dwayne

Offline Ssasho0

• Scale Models Club Bulgaria
« Reply #665 on: November 22, 2014, 05:33:32 PM »
Exciting times, i suppose the moment to buikd my Felixstowe in 1:72 is about to come :)
Maybe at some point in the future a:32 also
Think globally, act locally!

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #666 on: November 23, 2014, 12:11:36 AM »
. . . a glass coffee table is the perfect solution. 

It really is Bud. Glass (or plexiglass) top and the same for the bottom too, so interested visitors can crawl under for a look-see.  ;D  Naturally I recently sold my tablesaw, bandsaw, and wood lathe but I did keep my compound mitre saw. It can still be done but I'm going to miss that tablesaw!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #667 on: November 23, 2014, 12:14:49 AM »
The updated list, we now have 20 spare spots.

Hmmmm . . . twenty more releases and then WnW disappears as quickly as they appeared? It could happen . . .

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline petero

« Reply #668 on: November 23, 2014, 12:17:43 AM »
. . . a glass coffee table is the perfect solution. 

It really is Bud. Glass (or plexiglass) top and the same for the bottom too, so interested visitors can crawl under for a look-see.  ;D  Naturally I recently sold my tablesaw, bandsaw, and wood lathe but I did keep my compound mitre saw. It can still be done but I'm going to miss that tablesaw!

Cheers,

Chris

You fellows should sell coffee tables to all the rest of us who will need a place to display our Felixes  ;)  But then you'd never have time to build your kits!

Peter

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #669 on: November 23, 2014, 12:24:34 AM »

Nice 8)

Somebody needs to do the math to figure out how many actual surprises there are in those twenty spaces. Fr'instance we know there is a Camel coming, a Pfalz D.iii, etc...

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #670 on: November 23, 2014, 01:42:53 AM »

Nice 8)

Somebody needs to do the math to figure out how many actual surprises there are in those twenty spaces. Fr'instance we know there is a Camel coming, a Pfalz D.iii, etc...

Bo, I knew about the Camel of course, but what is the Pfalz you listed? One wonders how many of those spaces are reserved for Super Kit re- releases, if any?
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline drdave

« Reply #671 on: November 23, 2014, 01:55:18 AM »
In the interview in windsock they mentioned a Pfalz DIII
So theres that,  a couple of camels, early DFW and a late W12. I bet the next duel set is a Camel/ Dr1.
There better be a a HANRIOT in here somewhere. Odds on a Dolphin too.

Offline drdave

« Reply #672 on: November 23, 2014, 01:58:19 AM »
And don't forget a series of BE2s and a Macchi M5.

If we now revisit the box art theorem, which has just received a boost thanks to the latest releases, there's a Spad VII, Dr1 and a Bebe in the mix.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #673 on: November 23, 2014, 02:10:06 AM »
Haply:  My wife too supports the hobby.  She is as surprised by this release as I am and everybody else is.  She likes colorful airplanes and I am sure this will be under the tree come 25 December or whenever it is released by WNW. I have some shelf space for it, and would build it.  A lot of history in that airplane as it was flown by US Naval aviators in WWI as well supporting allied coastal operations.
I am also fortunate in having a friend who I get together with at club meetings for coffee and a breakfast sandwich and speak with on a regular basis and discuss the hobby and other things.
I tell ya folks, we are living in the best of times for the plastic modeler.

Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #674 on: November 23, 2014, 02:17:29 AM »
I wonder if one of those 20 boxes will at some point contain a Fokker E.V/D.VIII?
That would make for a happy bunny over here. ;)  From what I know, there is only
the Battle Axe version out there and it is pretty rare now.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...