Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 430167 times)

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #2685 on: November 21, 2019, 01:01:22 AM »
We would all be staggered!

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2686 on: November 21, 2019, 03:34:42 AM »
saw what you did there.

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #2687 on: November 21, 2019, 03:57:38 AM »
saw what you did there.
          Yes, Jeff, me too....I was swept aback by it...just as I would be if a DH5 is #32075.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #2688 on: November 21, 2019, 04:33:56 AM »

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline macsporran

« Reply #2689 on: November 21, 2019, 06:19:47 AM »
I think you only flew them if you were very laid back.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #2690 on: November 21, 2019, 06:52:39 AM »
I think you only flew them if you were very laid back.

You don't get more laid back than the Aussie Arm of the RFC!! LOL
Probably had a cold beer holder for a flare rack.

Von BeerMunch

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2691 on: November 27, 2019, 01:34:42 PM »
Scale Model Podcast just interviewed Jason McAdam, a WNW kit designer. some interesting things came up:

1) the Lanc is a one-off, a Sir PJ obsession, not a pivot. WNW will continue to specialize in WWI, and are a WWI aircraft kit company. which of course means, if Sir PJ is obsessed with something, don't rule it out. One wonders how he feels about the Avro Vulcan.

2 he implied that one can still expect oddball stuff to continue (quite pleased with the UWD), but he said that the pivot toward iconic aircraft is a thing. what iconic aircraft are left? SPAD, obviously. Viper SE5a...

"early on, we were heading toward the less well known aircraft. to be fair, other manufacturers had actually done a pretty good job... we're also starting to look at some of the more iconic ones... i can certainly say that's a thing that is continuing... if it's a WWI aircraft, basically don't rule it out."

3) the design work on the Star Strutter is finished, and McAdam was a bit dismayed to find out Copper State were working on the same subject. so as far as the guy designing the kit knows, neither company deliberately copied the other. he sorta implied that the Star Strutter's lack of rigging made it attractive to release, another option for people's first Wingnuts kit. exact words "the last thing you want to do is step on each other's toes."
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 01:54:30 PM by Jeff K »

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #2692 on: December 02, 2019, 07:39:07 AM »
I hope this price is speculation.

:o :o :o :o

vB

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2693 on: December 02, 2019, 02:16:11 PM »
that would be outrageously out of line with everything else WNW have ever done. i expect the markup is the retailer's.

nah just kidding it's a fair price for a particularly small single-seater.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #2694 on: December 03, 2019, 02:31:35 AM »
Please say that IS retailer markup!! I can understand it coming in at $89-99US which is roughly about 70-77 quid!!!!

Steve

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #2695 on: December 03, 2019, 04:52:20 AM »
Single seat fighter models on the WNW website are $70 USD.  The Dr.1 is at least as simple and has comparable parts count as the other SSF, so why would the price be any more?  If the answer is 'because it's made by WNW', they just lost a customer here.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #2696 on: December 03, 2019, 05:38:47 AM »
I worship the ground WNW levitate over, but there ARE limits to what I'm prepared to shell out for a single seat fighter which in reality, is the equivalent of most 1/48 WW2 fighters. Wounderland models could be just jumping the gun with this early price mark-up to gain eyeballs on their website. It could backfire on them!  :o

Wingnuts! Any chance we could have some clarification?

Cheers,
Dr.Bob  8)

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2697 on: December 03, 2019, 06:41:36 AM »
I worship the ground WNW levitate over, but there ARE limits to what I'm prepared to shell out for a single seat fighter which in reality, is the equivalent of most 1/48 WW2 fighters. Wounderland models could be just jumping the gun with this early price mark-up to gain eyeballs on their website. It could backfire on them!  :o

Wingnuts! Any chance we could have some clarification?

Cheers,
Dr.Bob  8)

Same Here Von B! The Normal price for a single seater is US $89.00( some of the older ones still US $79.00). The DVII has been the exception at US $99.00 but honestly the size, number of parts, and multiple decal sheets tend to justify that difference. 119.00 Pounds would put this smallish kit over $140.00 US( I think). No reason on Earth for the cost. I think, like you and others, this is a Retailer Marking things Up!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline macsporran

« Reply #2698 on: December 03, 2019, 10:43:52 AM »
On the other hand, as I pointed out when I initially posted this on the WNW Fans page, their price for the Lancasters at 399.99GBP seems pretty well spot-on.
S

Offline zavod44

« Reply #2699 on: December 03, 2019, 12:03:22 PM »
I will say that when I convert to USD right on their own website.  None of their prices correlate to the WNW website.  Obviously the "in development" kits can't be verified, but all the rest are much higher than if I were to order direct from WNW.  So personally I think these are already inflated.  For example on Wunderland website, the DFW mid production is $166.40, on WNW website it's $129.  Wunderland Fokker E1 early $101.90, on WNW $79.  Wunderlust Felixstowe F2b and Hansa Bberg W29 Duelist set is $450.20, on WNW $349.  Wonderlust Hanover CL II Early $167.69 on WNW site $129, and on and on and on....So if you ask me their prices are inflated and I will not be ordering from them.  I will order direct from WNW and save 30%-40%.  I would guess that the prices will come right in line with the rest.  I do feel bad for that one guy a few posts back who just bailed on WNW just because some UK website inflates their prices.  I guess sir peters customers relations can be that fragile.  I literally laughed out loud....