Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 425668 times)

Offline Jeff K

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #2550 on: July 04, 2018, 05:23:06 AM »
a careful observer might note that Edgar's already got an engine for an OEFFAG Albatros... one can dream...

Offline Berman

« Reply #2551 on: July 04, 2018, 09:56:07 AM »
Caproni bombers in 1/48 scale from CSM would be a more practical size. Still waiting for Edgar to announce the release date of the 1/48 Handley Page 0-400 bomber. The test shots looked great.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2552 on: July 04, 2018, 07:53:31 PM »
Caproni bombers in 1/48 scale from CSM would be a more practical size. Still waiting for Edgar to announce the release date of the 1/48 Handley Page 0-400 bomber. The test shots looked great.

but then people like me have the same problem as people who only build 1/48 do with WNW---i wouldn't touch 1/48 with a barge pole.

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #2553 on: July 07, 2018, 02:56:22 AM »
Hey guys, this has gone a bit off track, it is about WNW Speculation.

I'm up for a Pfalz D-III re-pop with Berthold Markings/Figure (even tho I do not do figures)

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #2554 on: July 07, 2018, 03:23:51 AM »

I'm up for a Pfalz D-III re-pop with Berthold Markings/Figure (even tho I do not do figures)

Ed

Didn't Berthold fly a D.III and the WNW kit is a D.!!!a?  EDIT:  Apparently he flew the D.IIIa.  Plus his markings are already offered on the Pfalz decal sheet, part 2 that is offered by WNW.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 03:52:14 AM by Eric Armstrong »
Honor Necessity

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2555 on: July 07, 2018, 04:23:45 AM »

Ed

It would be nice to see the Figure and OOP kit thing keep going. If it does the Albatros DV/Va should never go OOP again as almost every Ace flew at least one, and most had several. Udet, Hans Adam, etc., etc. Same goes for the DVII, Camel, and SE5a. I still feel we will eventually be treated to a BE series and hopefully a Strutter for new releases.

RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline JimF

« Reply #2556 on: July 07, 2018, 07:06:27 AM »
I'll vote for another RNAS aircraft, with  RFC one as second

Jim F

Offline rayb24

« Reply #2557 on: July 07, 2018, 08:02:05 AM »
More of a follow-up to the other news of the dedicated re-releases  starting with the Alb DVa of MvR; did you notice that the  4 kits are not consecutively numbered ?

The MvR is 32601, the Fok E-II is 32603, the Dh2 is 32606 and the Sop Tripe is 32607.  So it looks like at least 3 re-releases will be dedicated to various aces, maybe using some of the other sold out kits.

Let the possibilities commence.

Ed

I am on vacation so no references, but would Mannock or McCudden work for the SE5a...

Although I want a friedrichshafen to finish out the bombers. Then a Comic Camel

Ray

Offline rayb24

« Reply #2558 on: July 07, 2018, 08:07:06 AM »
Good catch Ed. Hmmm, DVII, Se5a, Pfalz DIIIa, Pup?   -OR- two seaters??
Wouldn't a nice RE8 or Bristol fighter with Barker work for two seaters...
Ray

Offline Borsos

« Reply #2559 on: July 07, 2018, 08:16:25 AM »
Besides of the rereleases of oop kits, which I find a great way to do with figures included, I‘d wish more early war airplanes. I am happy with the Taube, the Fokker Eindeckers and the B-type Albatros, but they‘d need companions from the other side of the trenches! We need Farmans, Caudrons, Voisins, B. E.‘s, FE 8‘s
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Monty

« Reply #2560 on: July 09, 2018, 03:31:58 AM »
I love this thread! There are always great thoughts and ideas - I just hope someone from WNW's pops in occasionally! And as usual I have some hair-brained ideas to share - forgive me! Could the Australian interest release near the end of the year be a DH9 in Aussie markings? Nice! I can only hope one day they do the post-war South African Air Force DH9's - fascinating as they were used in anger in the miner's revolt, and later had a silver doped finish with four coloured roundels... and later blue white and orange roundels... Ooh, eer... Just check out the Squadron Signals publication for this, or the article in an early Windsock by some random... And I would love to see a Nieuport 10/12, the equivalent of the Sopwith One-and-a-half-Strutter I suppose, but a widely used and successful aircraft... Must be on the WNW list! We always must keep in mind the development and production of some kits just takes longer than others - just looking at the Taube you can see it has an earlier number but later release date... I'm sure the ultra- thin wings and PE etc took a while to get right! Regards, Marc

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #2561 on: July 09, 2018, 04:13:11 AM »
^^I would love to see some SAAF aircraft, be it Dh.9's Se.5's or whatever.  Those were some colorful markings, even after they stopped with the yellow and green.
Honor Necessity

Offline macsporran

« Reply #2562 on: July 12, 2018, 06:30:01 PM »
I like single seaters as they fit nicely into my (Ikea Billy) display cabinets. I've not started my stash of two seaters, coz I've nowhere to put 'em - and the Gotha, AEG & F2a, where will they ever go?
For purely practical reasons, I'd love to see a colourful 56squadron early SE.5 (not 5a) - without the greenhouse canopy though!
Unfortunately I don't think any Aussies of note flew them, plenty of Canadians though.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2563 on: July 12, 2018, 10:25:42 PM »
    "I like single seaters as they fit nicely into my (Ikea Billy) display cabinets. I've not started my stash of two seaters, coz I've nowhere to put 'em - and the Gotha, AEG & F2a, where will they ever go?"

Glad to see I'm not alone in this challenge. I invested in an Ikea "Hemnes" cabinet and my Fee and AEG fit with about .02 mm space to spare, if I position them just right and turn the forward guns properly! I'd like to get an even "deeper" cabinet however the Good Wife has suggested that an out of doors display area may be more practical, and I'm reluctant to push the issue for obvious reasons! I'm very quickly running out of space for all of these magnificent releases, and there's lots more to follow I fear! Thank you Sir Peter Jackson, .............. I think!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2564 on: July 13, 2018, 04:03:07 PM »
We always must keep in mind the development and production of some kits just takes longer than others

to my eye this is a hugely significant point, and Mr. Alexander corroborated it indirectly in the podcast interview (when he was talking about research). there are some planes they don't do, or do slowly, because of the scarcity of reliable information. i suspect that's why they did the Taube they chose (instead of the one *i* wanted).

also many people took his statements to imply an imminent French-themed release. i'd disagree that we can infer anything from that particular statement, except that WNW are MORE open to French aircraft than people give them credit for.

that said, don't expect a SPAD XIII like, ever. his reply to that question, if you didn't hear the podcast, was "how about a BF109E?