Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 430051 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #2535 on: May 23, 2018, 01:04:32 AM »
Hard to separate wants from speculation on what WNW might do next. In retrospect the Junkers D1 and Halberstadt CLII are brilliant choices  8) Whats next, I think the Strutter is a good possibility, followed closely by something really stringbaggy like a Vickers Gunbus.

What I would Like to see: Strutter, Fokker EV, Halberstadt DIII with a twin gun arrangement available as seen on several Jasta 4 aircraft, and....
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #2536 on: May 28, 2018, 04:29:40 PM »
Now WNW announces the Halbie's release date for "hopefully late 2018" on their website.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Tom Cobbley

« Reply #2537 on: June 28, 2018, 04:22:50 AM »
This topic has rolled on for years and no doubt will continue. So I thought I will make a contribution. So far we have not seen a model of an OEF DIII. Wingnut have, so far, not produced an Austrian aircraft. But the bit that I think must have caught on Mr PJs attention is that is also served post war with the Polish American volunteer Kosciousko squadron, founded by one Merian Cooper, a true hero. SIgnificantly, after the war, he became a film producer in Hollywood and was responsible for the making of King Kong. The synergies are strong,  I will to continue to wait patiently.

Online macsporran

« Reply #2538 on: June 28, 2018, 08:18:08 AM »
Hey Tom, I've been making and researching ww1 aircraft since before PJ was born, but I didn't know about this chap, (probably as I have no interest in the post-armistice Polish or Russian campaigns.)
Perhaps PJ is the same and I'd suggest you might e-mail him direct with this suggestion. Care of WNW would get him, I'm sure. Sounds the sort of thing to catch his attention.
As I say, I wouldn't want a Polish OEF, but would certainly buy it for the AH possibilities!

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2539 on: June 28, 2018, 05:33:57 PM »
one significant takeaway from the Richard Alexander podcast interview: when a SPAD fanboy inquired about a SPAD XIII, Alexander responded "how about a BF109E?"

so i don't think it's anti-French sentiment on Sir PJ's part so much as bored through familiarity. if the Copper State Nieuport 17 is the hit it deserves to be, maybe we can nag/beg Edgar enough to do a SPAD or two...

and as for this Aussie flavor next release, i'd be delighted with a DH.5 even though they're ugly as sin... a Stan Dallas SE5a... an Aussie RE.8.. or even more delighted with a Martinsyde Elephant.

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #2540 on: June 28, 2018, 11:42:35 PM »
An Elephant would be really cool.  I suspect from the comments on the amount of R&D, the BE2's (hopefully early and late configurations) are in the pipeline. 

Offline Monty

« Reply #2541 on: June 30, 2018, 10:59:37 PM »
... Hmm... I love speculation! Some good thoughts above... but we are really overdue for a "Big One", Vickers Vimy or Caproni Ca.3  anyone?? And could we use Sir Peter instead of Mr PJ? He has literally turned the hobby of plastic modelling around...
Regards,
Marc

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #2542 on: July 03, 2018, 05:38:02 AM »
More of a follow-up to the other news of the dedicated re-releases  starting with the Alb DVa of MvR; did you notice that the  4 kits are not consecutively numbered ?

The MvR is 32601, the Fok E-II is 32603, the Dh2 is 32606 and the Sop Tripe is 32607.  So it looks like at least 3 re-releases will be dedicated to various aces, maybe using some of the other sold out kits.

Let the possibilities commence.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline mike in calif

« Reply #2543 on: July 03, 2018, 09:25:35 AM »
Good catch Ed. Hmmm, DVII, Se5a, Pfalz DIIIa, Pup?   -OR- two seaters??

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2544 on: July 03, 2018, 10:59:31 AM »
... .-OR- two seaters??

Re. 8 with Pithey and Rhodes figures! Dare I dream? yes, yes i do.

Caproni CA.3! Dare i dream?  nope. the disappointment would break my tiny heart. i don't even dare hope for the Best Christmas Gift Ever (not counting the Monogram B-17 my dad insisted i wouldn't be getting, then got, when i was 10).

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #2545 on: July 03, 2018, 08:47:27 PM »
I don't make usually 1/32 models, but as I said in other threads I agree with many colleagues forumites about having a WNW Hanriot HD1 (possibly with Italian liveries)...
Indeed I would also dare dreaming about buying a 1/32 Caproni Ca.3 as Jeff K said...

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #2546 on: July 03, 2018, 09:41:33 PM »
Yes a Caproni would be great, but I think we would have more luck with this bird if we please Edgar from CSM.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Online macsporran

« Reply #2547 on: July 03, 2018, 10:17:45 PM »
I think (hope) Edgar will be so busy with demand for his Nie 17 that he'll follow it up with more fast-selling scouts. He could corner the market in the French, Italian and AH types so far ignored by PJ.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #2548 on: July 03, 2018, 10:53:08 PM »
I think (hope) Edgar will be so busy with demand for his Nie 17 that he'll follow it up with more fast-selling scouts. He could corner the market in the French, Italian and AH types so far ignored by PJ.

Yeh! What comes to mind? SPAD XIII, Hanriot HD 1, upscales of their 1:48th scale kits and - later - that great (...) Caproni Ca.3! Not to speak of that wide array of Austrian-Hungarian planes!!
So much for CSM. And our part in that play will be buying the kits fom the Nieuport 17 on!

guitarlute101

« Reply #2549 on: July 03, 2018, 10:55:26 PM »
I am sincerely hoping for a 1/48 AEG C.IV and Lohner in injection molding from Copper State.

Mark