Author Topic: Future/ Klear  (Read 10427 times)

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
Future/ Klear
« on: May 05, 2012, 06:15:36 PM »
As we all know Johnsons have changed the formula for their Future/ Klear, I've heard on other forums that people were going to test it to see if it was as good as the old formula, but I've never heard what the results were, is it as good as the old formula or not, does anybody on the forum know?

Cheers

Pete.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Future/ Klear
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 06:42:30 PM »
I was told, about 18 months ago, that here in Australia it is marketed as Pledge. I purchased a bottle but had no luck at all using it, I followed everyones instructions for use but no matter what I did it just would no perform. I just wish that someone over here would import the proper stuff, if I had a contact I would import it myself and sell it through my website to all the Aussies who have had no end of trouble trying to get it.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Pete Nottingham

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 06:51:02 PM »
The trouble is Des that here in the UK you can no longer get the old formula Klear, the new formula is now called Pledge Klear, now and again a bottle of the old formula comes up on ebay, but you now have to pay a kings ransom for it, the last I heard was that the new formula Klear went on the same as the old one but whether it was as good I've never heard anybody say.

Cheers

Pete.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 06:54:40 PM by Pete Nottingham »

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 07:26:57 PM »
I remember reading somewhere last year that a hobby shop was selling small bottles (I think 100ml) of the original Future formula, I can't for the life of me remember where the shop was or the contact details, but what I do remember is that it was very expensive, then there were the shipping charges. Maybe someone else can recall the details of where the shop is, or was.

Des.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 08:39:02 PM »
Pete,
 PM me with your address.
1 bottle of Klear winging its way to you... as long as you don't mind paying the postage, of course!

I'm good to you  ;D

Von Sainted Buckle

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 09:46:29 PM »
My understanding is that while the name has changed, if you buy the bottle with this label, the formula is still the same. That might just be for the North American market though.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 09:49:26 PM »
The big difference between our bottle of Pledge and yours is that our bottle does NOT have the Future logo on it.

Des.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 12:23:39 AM »
OK so those like us that can get it by the bucket will send some out? Decant it into smaller containers so the shipping cost isnt nuts.Any takers?

Steve

Offline Hannover

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 02:18:30 AM »
As we all know Johnsons have changed the formula for their Future/ Klear, I've heard on other forums that people were going to test it to see if it was as good as the old formula, but I've never heard what the results were, is it as good as the old formula or not, does anybody on the forum know?

Cheers

Pete.

Pete from what I've seen and heard the new UK formula Klear Pledge works in exactly the same way as the old. Phil Flory did a video review/test on his forum see http://www.florymodels.co.uk/on-test/ though you may need to be a member/pay the subscription to see it.

Phil tested old Klear, new Klear Pledge and two Alclad products and found no difference in the end result. I think the only question mark over new Klear Pledge is canopy dipping but then that is not really a worry with a WW1 aircraft etc.

If can't see the video and you need anymore info let me know and I'll watch the test and feed back notes.

Hope this helps.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 05:08:36 AM »
OK so those like us that can get it by the bucket will send some out? Decant it into smaller containers so the shipping cost isnt nuts.Any takers?

Steve

Steve,
I'm going Hard Core! Pete will receive a full bottle of the shiny liquid... Mind you, we do live in the same country, so that's got to help.

Like your small bottle approach. Will adopt that in future.

Anointed Von Buckles  :P

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 10:21:21 AM »
On another note - What do you clean your airbrush out with after "futuring?" I use an industrial "Windex" type cleaner concentrate.

Steve

Offline Pete Nottingham

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 06:35:47 PM »
Many thanks PDH, thanks for the offer Steve, will remember that for the future (sorry for the pun).

But Saint von Buckle has come to the rescue.  :)

Cheers

Pete.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 07:08:02 PM »
On another note - What do you clean your airbrush out with after "futuring?" I use an industrial "Windex" type cleaner concentrate.

Steve

I favour a wide sable brush instead of airbrushing.  ;)

BVB

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Pete Nottingham

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 08:34:30 PM »
Yes I prefer a soft wide flat brush as well, then a quick rinse in water, no problem.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 11:10:12 PM »
Guess I have to get over my fear of brushing large areas. I just remember my old Testors pla and Humbrol brush painting results....

Steve