Author Topic: Future/ Klear  (Read 8792 times)

Offline phs Paddy

Re: Future/ Klear
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2012, 07:49:13 AM »
This maybe the one you were referring to Lance.

www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

Paddy

In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

Offline Galloway

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2012, 08:25:33 AM »
Yeah the one I posted earlier......... LOL
"Slàinte mhòr agad!"

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2012, 05:35:11 PM »

What is the mixing Ratio for Future to Isopropyl Alcohol ??? and do i need to use 90% Alcohol??

Thank You... 

DEAN ~~ 8)

Although I'm still using the "old formula" Klear, you don't need to thin it at all as it has the consistency of water and when I've finished brushing it on I just rinse my brush in plain water, job done.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline Edo

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2012, 11:34:54 PM »
ok...
fure/klear has flooded here too...  >:(
I thought this would be a future/klear - free forum, as the mircle stuff is not avalilable in Italy and seing you all sing the beauties of it just makes me envy...
did you know if liquid shipping cross country is permitted? I could be interesting in getting some delivered...
ciao
Edo

Offline kendyman

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2012, 12:24:45 AM »
I use 'Holloway House Quick Shine Floor Polish' which you can get from Lakeland Plastics. Found it works just as good as the old Klear did, including dipping clear plastic (ie canopies). Can be brushed, but I usually airbrush it straight from the bottle without needing to thin. Bit pricey, but bottle is 800ml, which I think is more than in Klear.

Ken

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 01:47:31 PM »
G'day, Des.

You needed to get Pledge "One Go" in the opaque white bottle with the blue cap.  Although it's a yellowish colour, it works the same as Future for dipping canopies and wetting/sealing decals (but don't use Mr Mark Softener near any decals until it's completely dry- they'll wrinkle up badly and the One Go will dry in the wrinkles, setting them like stone  :o).  I've only found it at IGA, not Coles or Woolies.  A little goes a long way, too.

It's also a dust magnet, so cover the model as soon as you've brushed it on.

Are you coming up to ScaleACT this weekend? http://www.actsms.asn.au/index.php?page=scaleact-12

Cheers.

Dal.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2012, 08:48:24 PM »
Hi Dal,

Thanks for the tips on Pledge one go, Chris has sent me a bottle of future from Canada, with a bit of luck it will get through customs so if it does I will give that a go first.

I have visitors calling in all weekend so I won't be able to make it to Canberra this weekend, I would have liked to have been there. If you are going are you taking your camera, I would love to see some photos.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2012, 12:26:27 AM »
Edo,
   Send me your full mailing address details and I'll try to ship you a small bottle of the Canadian version. If it makes it ok I can send more later.
Nice to see you over here as well!!
Cheers,
Lance :)

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2012, 12:21:24 PM »
G'day, Des.

The batteries are charged and I'll be able to get some good photo's before the crowds start coming in, I hope.

Dal.

Offline michael

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2012, 12:59:00 AM »
i seem to remember reading somewhere that this stuff was just as good as klear so when i was in home bargains the other day  and and saw it for 99p i got myself a bottle.

not tried it yet so dont know if its any good or not, it does smell nice though  :)

cheers
michael
“An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.”