Author Topic: Future/ Klear  (Read 10382 times)

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
Re: Future/ Klear
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 08:20:01 PM »
Guess I have to get over my fear of brushing large areas. I just remember my old Testors pla and Humbrol brush painting results....

Steve

Steve you'll find that Klear, being like water, settles very well.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 04:47:59 AM »
I will take your word for it and give it a test on my GB Albatros. So I mess up a $7 kit.......but hopefully not...

Steve

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 06:27:08 AM »
Steve,
 Just make sure you don't overload the brush.
Dip, wick away the excess and then brush in even strokes.  Brush it on and leave it alone. Don't go back over it until dry to the touch or you risk leaving brush marks.

Von Buckle  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 07:14:39 AM »
Thanks Pete & Lord Buckles. I assume you use the widest flat brush you can without over kill?

Paddy
In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 07:21:35 AM »
back to reality!  ;)

Hi Paddy,
Something similar to these...

Von Buckle

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 08:49:22 AM »
Those are beautiful brushes Bob. I don't have anything that nice Paddy, but I find the dirt cheap Tamiya #5 Flat Brush does a really good job with Future too.

Cheers,

Chris

You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 10:27:27 AM »
Thanks for the info guys

Steve

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 03:35:51 PM »
Those are beautiful brushes Bob. I don't have anything that nice Paddy, but I find the dirt cheap Tamiya #5 Flat Brush does a really good job with Future too.

Cheers,

Chris

Agreed!  ;)

BVB

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012, 04:49:15 PM »
I've taken to using Hobbycrafts cheap brushes, not the really rough ones but for well under a tenner you can get some reasonable ones that last a while.

Not such a swearing session when you pick a brush up and realise you never cleaned it yesterday.

::)

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline gcn

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2012, 09:39:54 PM »
FWIW I had to remove the entire external paint job on my Pfalz this weekend due to a cack handed application of future with my new wide flat brush.

The gloss coating of the 2nd spray job was subsequently airbrushed. I then tried to brush future on the wings as they'll be lozenge and cocked that up too, but as it is lozenge it doesn't matter. I believe i've lost the ability to brush Future.

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2012, 09:41:17 PM »
THAT sounds more like me!!!

Steve

Offline Flyjunkie

• wherever You go, there You are...
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2012, 11:28:35 PM »
Soooo the new formula FUTURE is still O.K. to use during the finishing procedures Correct??

What is the mixing Ratio for Future to Isopropyl Alcohol ??? and do i need to use 90% Alcohol??

Thank You... 

DEAN ~~ 8)
"..Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.." ~~ Hunter S. Thompson

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2012, 01:55:03 AM »
FWIW I had to remove the entire external paint job on my Pfalz this weekend due to a cack handed application of future with my new wide flat brush.

The gloss coating of the 2nd spray job was subsequently airbrushed. I then tried to brush future on the wings as they'll be lozenge and cocked that up too, but as it is lozenge it doesn't matter. I believe i've lost the ability to brush Future.

CGN,
No you haven't lost the ability the ability to brush on future my friend. I suppect the problem may be applying too thick of a coat of future. Being self leveling any excess tends to pool usally on the trailing edge. Try light coats with plenty of drying time between the coats. Alway's works for me,I don't even remember the last time I sprayed future anymore.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

" What Me Worry"

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2012, 02:04:54 AM »
Soooo the new formula FUTURE is still O.K. to use during the finishing procedures Correct??

What is the mixing Ratio for Future to Isopropyl Alcohol ??? and do i need to use 90% Alcohol??

Thank You... 

DEAN ~~ 8)

Dean,
I'm still working off an old bottle of Future for about 5 years now,so I can't help with th first part of your question. As to your second question I never thin my future. I've learned over the years that Future pools much too easily when thinned.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2012, 02:26:48 AM »
   Pardon the pun but "back to the Future" is still a popular topic. I use the new Canadian Market product "Pledge with Future Shine' and by airbrush. ($5 at Walmart will get you enuff for a lifetime of modelling) Thinned with 1/3 Isopropyl Alcohol and 2-3 thin coats with min. 6 hours drying between. I do let it dry at least 48 hours before decalling. I recall spending literally days searching through all the on-line info before trying it after the original product was discontinued. The one and only problem it presented was when thinned with water, took forever to dry. Since changing to the Iso for thinning it's been a pleasure to use.
  I believe there was a very informative article (list of product names for the different Country's) on Hyperscale or maybe Swanny's however that was some time back. If you search it on Aeroscale I'm sure there are numerous links in the various articles. Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Lance