Author Topic: Roden SPAD VII 19 Sq. RFC 1/32nd scale:SPAD VII Lafayette:Nieuport 28 94th Aero  (Read 45984 times)

Online RAGIII

Thanks to all for the comments! Frank Roden has an exact copy of this kit in 1/48th so you have No Excuse not to do one someday  8) I have finished up the wires by adding some binding tapes with WNW rib tape decals. I also did the final weathering and clear coats. This will be the last update before completed models. All that is left to do is add the windscreen.

RAGIII

"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline RichieW

Well that looks fantastic Rick, great figure to go with it too. You should be very pleased with how it has turned out.

Richie

Bughunter

This nice figure is another enhancement of the final result!

Frank Roden has an exact copy of this kit in 1/48th so you have No Excuse not to do one someday  8)
Rick, that kit is in my stash! I have only the excuse, that I hope for a Gnome-N made by Small Stuff, which is not available now. I have enough kits with available engine types, so I'm really busy during waiting ;D

Cheers,
Frank

Online RAGIII

Well that looks fantastic Rick, great figure to go with it too. You should be very pleased with how it has turned out.

Richie

Thanks Richie. The figure is My Go to for USAS planes. I don't really do Vignettes or Dioramas often, just use them for photos  ;D
RAGIII

This nice figure is another enhancement of the final result!

Frank Roden has an exact copy of this kit in 1/48th so you have No Excuse not to do one someday  8)
Rick, that kit is in my stash! I have only the excuse, that I hope for a Gnome-N made by Small Stuff, which is not available now. I have enough kits with available engine types, so I'm really busy during waiting ;D

Cheers,
Frank

Don't wait forever for that Engine Frank! The Roden one really isn't bad and the cowling covers a lot  :o
RAGIII

Online RAGIII

The final photos are now up in completed Models:

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=12119.0

Thanks for all of the Support!
RAGIIIU

Offline DaveB

Brilliant!

Superb N.28 model you have created there, Rick

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Offline lone modeller

I agree with Dave - fantastic model. I'm off to look at the other photos.

Stephen.

Offline mgunns

Looks dag nab good Rick:   When I saw the black and white photo on FB I thought it was an actual reference photo.  Very nice.  The colors are vibrant, well excecuted and definitely highlight this aircraft.  The decals on the wires is a nice touch as well.  One of my favorites.  Aurora made a Nie.28 in "1/48" as well, not a bad kit, just needs a bit of tweaking in the cowl area.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Online RAGIII

Brilliant!

Superb N.28 model you have created there, Rick

Regards

Dave

THanks Dave! Greatly appreciated!
RAGIII

I agree with Dave - fantastic model. I'm off to look at the other photos.

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen, I always appreciate your encouragement !
RAGIII

Looks dag nab good Rick:   When I saw the black and white photo on FB I thought it was an actual reference photo.  Very nice.  The colors are vibrant, well excecuted and definitely highlight this aircraft.  The decals on the wires is a nice touch as well.  One of my favorites.  Aurora made a Nie.28 in "1/48" as well, not a bad kit, just needs a bit of tweaking in the cowl area.

Thanks Mark. That Old Aurora kit was one of their best, IMHO
RAGIII