Author Topic: New 1/48 Camel from Eduard  (Read 9029 times)

Offline Softscience

Re: New 1/48 Camel from Eduard
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2020, 06:24:24 AM »
I for one am very happy with any new WW I announcement, no matter the scale. But I'm especially happy when it is 1/48. When it comes to biplanes, I think 1/72 is too fragile (at least for my fumble fingers), and I'm not willing to pay over $200 USD for used WNW kits. So until that situation changes, I'll be giving my money to Eduard (and Roden, And to whomever can provide alternatives to Roden decals)

Offline markleecarter

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2021, 02:24:55 AM »
I have just seen some pictures in the latest issue of Eduard's 'Info' magazine. Looks like they are going to give us quite a few armament options!

https://www.eduard.com/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2021/info-eduard-2021-01cz-m9f.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0E4a_I5kztrbhtTyktMwxsRIKF9dapYRfbZSQ2nefVuNGdPKddVf9HrXI

Pictures are on page 9 but screenshot attached.

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2021, 05:07:11 PM »
Indeed, looks like a Comic as well as the 'standard' camels. What would be really special is if they could do a two-seat trainer... :)

Cheers,

BC

Offline rayb24

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2021, 11:45:44 AM »
A real comic camel ;)

Sorry too much excitement, but its one of my favorite aircraft, and i was so wishing it had been done in 1/32. But hey 1/48th will do.

Ray

Offline hrcoleman66

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2021, 12:49:40 PM »
While I agree somewhat with everyone’s “why a Camel” I also agree with the opinion that 1/48 is the best scale for ww1 aircraft subjects.
I built the original camel when it first came out, I found it an easy build, but I’d built a few Blue Max short run kits by then and there was pretty much nothing that phased me fit wise...  it was always my finishing that let me down.
That kit was though, a bit of a disappointment.  The rib takes were horrendous and frankly, put me off building the other two I still have in my stash.  I guess I could spend a few hours sanding them off, replace them with more scale renditions, but...
The latest two efforts from Eduard, the SE5a and the Siemens, have the rib takes better, but the stitching is overboard.  Way over scale.
Let’s see how they look on this new one huh?  I’ll probably buy it...  if only to encourage Eduard to do what I really want in a well moulded 1/48 kit and what I wished WNW would do and never did...  an RAF BE2c.

Cheers,

Hugh

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2021, 11:01:18 PM »
I'm looking forward to this release. Be nice to do a side by side with the older boxing.
Bring it on Eduard!

vB  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Brez

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2021, 11:00:26 PM »
Limited edition kit of British WWI fighter
aircraft Sopwith F.1 Camel in 1/48 scale
with two Biggles fictional markings.
Eduard are releasing a re-tooled Camel in a 'Dual Combo' Limited Edition. 10 marking options.
Along with 'Brassin' extras seat, dash, Vickers, wheels and Rotherham pumps!

https://www.eduard.com/out/media/distributors/leaflet/leaflet2021-09en.pdf

It seems a strange choice to me. I'd have thought a new Pup, Tripe or Snipe would have been more popular, but what do I know!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 07:13:39 AM by Brez »

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2021, 11:56:16 AM »
I guess sales will determine on whether we see a ..snipe , pup , tripe . I'm still rooting for them to re-tool their Tripe  ;)

Alexis 
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Brez

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2021, 07:46:22 PM »

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2021, 03:55:00 AM »
Y

ears ago, Eduard had announced a Halberstdadt D-II/III, even showed a color rendering but suddendly disappeared, perhaps this is the time  to contact ED agin with requests for this kit.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2021, 01:01:16 PM »
Hi, good news about any company coming out with quality WW1 kits. Camel, meh, jmo. If they did an equal amount of 2 seaters or 2 engine bombers then great. Where do you get the space for a 1/32 Gotha or Felixstowe? Personally I like 1/32 for doing cockpits and fiddly bits. But once the winspan is >35cm then handling and finding space a challenge. Once again just my 2cents worth
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Brez

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2021, 09:21:42 PM »
Oh good, one of the decal options is "Donner-wettter", seeing as I missed out on the WNW version   >:(

https://www.eduard.com/info-eduard-august-2021/

Offline markleecarter

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2021, 10:46:40 PM »
They have put out a glimpse of a test shot on their Instagram page. Looks like the rib stitching might be a little less prominent than the SE5, but not much. Wheels look pretty good though!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSJpoWziAME/?fbclid=IwAR1G4q5y_p3INT75thhglwYn4tkX-hD2hiKmTnsnnA5HSSOIqvTYln2OiNE

Bughunter

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2021, 03:04:23 AM »
The Camel is now available, with 15% reduction in Eduard online shop :D
Some of the accessories too, other sets comes next month.

The new kits are like a new car - you can double the start price with accessories ::)

Cheers,
Frank

Offline the great waldo

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2021, 05:50:22 PM »
while i'm all for supporting manufacturers' ventures into WWI, and more detail is better, and a Camel's a safe way to test the waters, i will never pay money for anything in 1/48. even if it's the Best Kit In The Universe Of My Favorite Subject.

when i got interested in the hobby again, i made a large spreadsheet of all the subjects i'm interested in, and their sizes at various scales from 1/1 down to 1/2400, with the goal of arriving at one scale for everything. the closest i came was 1/72, which is still my main scale. however, when someone said the skipper of the Revell PT-109 looked like Shafty Kennedy, i looked at the figure. it didn't. so i chose 1/32 for 'close ups.'

1/48 is too large for ships and too small for figures. that said, everyone who cares about constant scale is likely to come up with a different answer, and i'm happy for the folks who focus on 1/48, as they were kinda left behind by the whole WNW thing.

1/32 scale is great to build especially us older types with dodgy eyes, but where do you put the damn things? I've got a stash of wnw kits and a complete collection of eduard and specially hobby !/48 kits. The 1/48 stuff will get built quickly(reasonably) and the wnw ones will be slowly built with ultimate detailing in mind. A thought springs to mind, what do all the aftermarket companies do with the demise of wnw ? Maybe Kotare and Roden should be keeping them informed of future projects !!!
Cheers
Andrew
i do expect 1/32 is here to stay for WWI stuff, however.