Author Topic: Roden Fokker D.VI 1:32  (Read 16510 times)

Offline Fvdm

Re: Roden Fokker D.VI 1:32
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2021, 04:37:08 AM »
Thanks for the comments folks.

Hi , I'm still alive  :D . With babysteps in a snails pace there is some progres. This kit keeps fighting me and then the pace disapears. I keep on going because this one needs finishing, I don't have a shelff of doom in my room. The bottom wing is glued and also the struts. Of course with a lot of dryfitting, espaecially the struts on the fuselage. It needed some efforts to get them even but they are okay now.

A little from the top.

I made the ribtapes from the same lozenge as the top of the wings. I used these for the top and the bottom. To be correct I needed some lozenge printed on white paper but my wallet was empty. I bought anough decals for this one. Sorry

And for last a picture with the top wing in front with the bottomside up. I know it can be done much better and the next time I will but for now it's enough. I learned an awefull lot using these decals and doing it again and again. For now i need to go on and finish this one.

Thanks for watching and until the next update

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2021, 12:09:55 AM »
It is great to see you have progressed to a point you are OK with. I can understand not wanting to spend more money to replace or add more decals. I have to watch every penny I spend! For future reference post a request in the Buy, Sell, Swap section if you need something. I have a ton of WNW rib tape decals that would have worked for you and would have sent them at No Charge! That being said your DVI is Looking terrific . The black sections came out well!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2021, 01:03:34 AM »
I really like so far , nice colourful and a great job on doing the tapes !

Rick is right about the buy and sell section on the site . I have lost count on how many times members have help me out with items when I mess up or in need  . This site has the most helpful individuals anywhere .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Fvdm

« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2021, 05:09:40 PM »
Thanks for the offer. I'll try to remember in the future.

Offline Fvdm

« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2021, 09:07:03 PM »
Work continues. I sprayed the MG's in gunmetal

After that a little drybrush

The bullets got a little color and the endresult

De machinegeweren zijn gemonteerd en de bovenvleugel zit ook vast.

This picture isn't taken directly from the front as far as I can see and that's the reason why it seems that the MG's aren't alligned. I admit they aren't completly straight mounted but I think it's ok.

Here some pics made a little more closer so the imperfections in the lozenge is visible.

The decals are placed on the bottomside.

That's it. Now further with the decals on the topside. Thanks for watching

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2021, 10:09:33 PM »
She does look good with the struts and wing fixed in place . Fine job on the guns too  :) Finish line is close !

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Bughunter

« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2021, 10:26:38 PM »
Good progress!
You Master Spandaus looks great.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2021, 12:27:31 AM »
You have done an awesome job on the wing alignment ! In Spite of any small glitches that you mention your DVI really looks great!
RAGIII

Offline Fvdm

« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2021, 09:59:01 PM »
Thanks for the positive comments.

The rudder, engine and cowling are in place and all the decals . Now quick a clear coat to seal all the decals so I can't damage them anymore. What a crappy kit decals. When the clearcoat is applied i can start with the control wires. I intend to use fishing line but can anyone tell me what color the control wires need to be? Black? Silver? I think black but I'm not sure.

Thanks for watching

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2021, 10:31:14 PM »
Your DVI is really looking Great! I could be wrong but I think the wires are steel, A steel color, black, or very dark grey would work. Others will chime in I am sure.
RAGIII

Offline DaveB

« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2021, 02:14:09 AM »
Apologies for joining in, late!

With good effort this is a pretty good kit from Roden.   Your certainly doing this one justice so far and is starting to look real sharp.

I agree with Rick, steel or even aluminium works well for rigging wires.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2021, 02:16:13 AM »
Yes it's true , Rodens decals aren't the best but their kits are awesome .

Either way , you have done a fab job so far on this build . Rigging wires are a steel cable so black or silver or a dark metallic grey will work just fine like Rick mention

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2021, 04:11:39 AM »
I missed this one lately so I have enjoyed going through the thread and catching up. In site of the problems with the transfers, (and Roden do not have a good reputation on that front sadly), you are getting close to completing a cracking model. I really like the colour scheme - the black is really good.

Stephen.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2021, 11:19:53 AM »
I concur, this is turning out great.  You overcame the obstacles with the decals, pressed on and now the end is in sight.  Great looking model, very inspirational and one hardly seen.  I always paint my rigging lines aluminum.  Makes them stand out but not too brightly.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Monty

« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2021, 01:41:29 AM »
I'm really enjoying this build, Ferry and you are doing an amazing job! I think your decals look great, when doing my DVII I found a fairly close up shot of a wing tip in a workshop... and guess what? Wrinkles in the fabric, some rather ropey stitching and rib tapes not quite straight... Your interpretation is very close to 100% correct! I think the colours are pretty good too... Regards, Marc.