Author Topic: Roden Fokker D.VI 1:32  (Read 16627 times)

Offline Fvdm

Re: Roden Fokker D.VI 1:32
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2021, 10:26:51 PM »
Thanks for comments. It helps me keep going on.

All the steeringcables are in place. When taking the pictures (I used a 100mm macrolens) I saw that I need to correct the blue. I will find a color that match the blue and will try to correct it. The tail shoe is also fitted and I can see the finish line now. I need to spray the propellor, glue the landinggear in place. I also want to dirty it up a little, maybe I cab hide some scratches  :wink:

Thanks for watching

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2021, 11:42:11 PM »
Nice work on the control lines ! Finishing line is getting close  :) Looking forward on the final results

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Bughunter

« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2021, 07:21:01 AM »
Nice progress!
Your build invited me to get the decals for this marking in 1/48  :)

Cheers,
Frank

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2021, 09:49:02 PM »
Very inspiring build. Your DVI looks outstanding to My Eyes. Had you not mentioned the blue I never would have noticed!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2021, 01:14:30 AM »
Those control horns and wires are incredibly detailed for this scale. You are clearly giving Frank a run for his money!

Stephen.

Offline Monty

« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2021, 03:41:17 AM »
Some absolutely great work going on, Ferry! And don't worry about those little imperfections, a OOO brush and a close colour blue will sort it out! And as you say, an ideal place for some thrown up dust and mud! A very impressive build... Regards, Marc.

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2021, 10:45:53 AM »
Absolutely brilliant work!
Cheers,
Gary

Offline Fvdm

Re: Roden Fokker D.VI 1:32 DONE!
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2021, 08:50:25 PM »
Thanks for the comments, they are really appreciated

I can tell you this is finally done. The last details are added and the prop is done. I made the prop of mahogany and not a layerd one. In my first post I said that I wanted a clean build. Later I changed my mind and wanted to make a little dirty because of the imperfections. I decided to leave it clean as I first wanted and take to imperfections for granted. It wil remind of the difficulties and will help me in the future.

This was my first Roden kit and will certainly not my last. I think the plastic and details are great but the decals are crap. For the first time I used Aviattic decals and they have certainly a learning curve. But when you know how to use them I think they are great.

Here is one pic as a teaser, the rest is gonna be placed in the finished models section.

I want to thank everyone for following and the tips and comments. It has been a real pleasure to show my work and I learned a lot.
I hope to see you at my next project, a Bristol M.1c

Offline RichieW

« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2021, 09:22:50 PM »
Beautiful, looking forward to the Bristol M1c.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2021, 09:44:39 PM »
Very well done. I look forward to more photos! You have inspired Me to put this on MY list of kits to pick up.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2021, 01:58:08 AM »
It has been a real pleasure to follow this build, and well worth waiting for the super completed model. Congratulations.

Stephen.