Author Topic: Roden Fokker D.VI 1:32  (Read 16505 times)

Offline rhwinter

Re: Roden Fokker D.VI 1:32
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2020, 11:47:04 PM »
Beautiful!

Offline Europapete

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2020, 12:44:24 AM »
Great start on this kit. I think we all have it in the stash. Check out Aviattic for a better cowling, photo etch details, a better rudder, and decals. FokkerNutz do a very nice control column, and Taurus do the best engines and also smaller details but Lukasz has shut down for the Covid duration.  Gaspatch do turnbuckles and other details as well as machine guns, but you have those sorted already. Albatros Publications did a Data file on the D6, out of print now but you can find one on Ebay. Don't forget to fill in the central depression on the tailplane. Airscale decals are awesome aren't they?, Keep up the good work, you're doing great. Regards, Pete in RI

Bughunter

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2020, 03:49:49 AM »
Great work so far! This little bird looks like a Dr.I as biplane ;)
The Eduard kit of this type is in my stash, I think I will do it may be next year, once my D.V is finished.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline FAf

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2020, 05:31:20 PM »
It looks like you have this under control! Great work so far!
/Fredrik

Offline Fvdm

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2020, 05:50:29 PM »
Thanks for the comments. 

Pete, I will see if I can get the cowling from aviattic but it is currently out of stock. I know there is a datafile of the D.VI but I think it is way to expensive. Normally a datafile is about €20 but I see prices of €40 -€50 euro. In my opinion that is way to expensive.
The airscale decals are real awesome.

Offline Monty

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2020, 06:46:37 PM »
That is a wonderful start to this kit, Ferry, lovely paintwork and neat construction... I like your colour interpretations... The cowling can be fixed, it's not too bad... The Datafile won't add too much to your planned build, Roden got just about everything right! (But Datafiles are nice and great inspiration...). Regards, Marc.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2020, 07:25:10 PM »
That is a wonderful start to this kit, Ferry, lovely paintwork and neat construction... I like your colour interpretations... The cowling can be fixed, it's not too bad... The Datafile won't add too much to your planned build, Roden got just about everything right! (But Datafiles are nice and great inspiration...). Regards, Marc.

Your words are mine, Monty!

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2020, 12:57:25 AM »
Nice start and interiors, excellent choice of mixed media MG: one of the best enhancements for every model.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Fvdm

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2020, 09:31:32 PM »
And I'm a bit further. It took a while before I could make photo's because I had to redecorate the hobbyroom. Now that's done I can fully concentrate on building. First thing was the engine. When the was ready I got this.

As you can see I added some sparkplugcables. No mather how clean you want to keep the engine , there will always be some oil. Especially this rotaryengines.

That's one part that's finished. Next job was making the seatbelts. When you cut a belt you just have to roll it between your fingers. It's a bit scary in the beginning but it wil not tear that easy.

After quite some time finally the seatbelts are on the chair. They are very clean here but that is gonna change

The floorplate has the steering column mounted

After this I could dryfit everything in the fuselage. That wasn't a alk in the park. I couldn't close the fuselage propperly. After some time I saw what was the problem. The woodentriangle I made in the fuselage was to big. So I had to cut a piece of off it.

That's better, now I can close the fuselage. First I had to mount the seat and the floorplate. I wanted to dirty the seatbelts a little but I went to far. They are dirtier than I wanted. Next time I must use a different methode. Anyhow, it is what it is.

Now I can place the last tinghs and then the fuselage can be closed.

Thanks for watching and merry xmas.

Offline TimDEFR

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2020, 10:31:21 PM »
Love that grimy look of your engine!

Best regards,
Tim

Offline Fvdm

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2020, 02:03:50 AM »
Thanks Tim.

Today it was time for some sewing. I wanted to make some stitching under the fuselage but i was thinking how I could do this.

Option 1 was ordering some decals te bestellen at Archertransfers.com. I found a nice sheet but that sheet was 17 dollar. I think that is a lot of money voor some decals but I wanted it so I ordered some. That is until I saw the shippingcosts are also 17 dollar!!That's to much so I had to make some myself.

Option 2 was to mill the stitching in 5mm acrilyc, put some copperwire in it and thin aluminium tape to represent the cloth. That owuld give me a nice peace to use. I made a drawing in Autocad, loaded this in my program and milled the piece.

The two pieces tape is the width of the tape as I want it to be. I put some 0.2mm copper wire in the grooves and then some tape over it. Well, it wasn't what I wanted so I had to come up with another solution. Eventually I toke some 0,13mm thick styreen and taped it over the grooves.

Then I embossed the styreen with some tweesers and voila. This is what I was looking for. I cut the strip at the right width and that's that.

I have to trim it a little bit but it's looking good

I think that when I put some lozenge over this and I paint the "wires" it's looking real nice.

Thanks for watching,

Ferry

Offline Radarman

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2020, 02:39:36 AM »
Ferry,
That is a very creative solution. Thanks for sharing the idea.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline Early Bird Fan

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2020, 10:24:15 PM »
only just found this build but loving it so far, the wood effect is awesome and with all the details you're adding this is gonna be a great looking build

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2020, 11:27:35 PM »
That is a creative solution for the lacing . Cockpit has some really nice visual tones , most excellent  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2020, 04:09:39 AM »
Impressive technique for the stitching! Looking terrific!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler