Author Topic: Roden announces it is resuming production of WW1 aircraft kits  (Read 21697 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Roden has announced it is resuming production of WW1 aircraft kits and our Forum's poll on the most wanted new kits has been an influence in their decision to resume WW1 production.

Roden President Vladimir Chumak has been greatly encouraged by our poll and our enthusiasm for Roden to produce new WW1 aircraft kits and says the first of the new kits is likely to be released early next year.

At this stage they are focusing on 1/32 scale to test the market, and I'm delighted to say our forum poll number one wish- the Spad XIII - has been added to the likely first new releases. Two other poll highlights- the Avro 504K and Sopwith One and a Half Strutter - comprise the intended first three releases. The sequence of releases is yet to be decided.

Roden's return to new production of WW1 aircraft is a consequence of Wingnuts closing down and our Forum has been a major influence in the decision, which I think is a world first for model websites! Well done everyone and huge thanks to you all for your support of the Roden poll.

Vladimir says Roden have been closely following our forum and taking note of the forum members' wishes and this is significant.

At this stage Roden are not committing themselves on new 1/48 and 1/72 scale subjects but if the customer demand is there and we support them with sales, all things are possible.

This is all great news for the Forum and I'm very proud of what our online community has achieved.

More details will be published later but in the meantime celebrate the news that more 1/32 aircraft kits are on the way!

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Roden announces it is resuming production of WW1 aircraft kits
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 11:32:17 AM »
This is exciting news , Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter in 32 scale ! Me want one !!!!

Thanks Dave for sharing this news with us , my day is getting better and better !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 11:43:32 AM »
This excellent news and 3 great choices.  Years ago, I bought several 1/48 Roden Mercddes engine sprees as they were the best replacement for the undernourished Eduard DIII's.  Great service on that order.

Offline ThePenguin

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 12:01:23 PM »
Thanks Dave and Vladimir!

I need to get building! Summer SUCKS, and I need to get that bench cleared for real aircraft! :)

Spad XIII excellent start and those others are on my list too!

Offline Europapete

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 12:09:14 PM »
Excellent news, well done everybody.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 12:54:33 PM »
This is good news indeed.  Roden has always made a good kit and were one of the first to introduce 1/32nd WWI Plastic Kits.  I am in the final throes of their Fokker DR.I and find it an enjoyable kit.  I look forward to seeing what they come out with and am sure to lighten the check book on their new releases as well. 
Thank you Roden, Vladimir and Dave for keeping us informed and Roden for taking that leap of faith and starting up research and production of 1/32nd WWI Kits.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 01:10:41 PM »
Awesome news! I didn’t vote for Strutter but will get one or two. New tool Spad put me down for at least 3 ;D
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 02:21:03 PM »
HOLY *****!!!!!!!

delightful news. i'll have one 504k, a few 1 1/2 strutters, and a squadron of SPAD XIIIs.

hopefully they plan to keep the existing kits going too?

Offline Vickers

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2020, 02:24:39 PM »
Thanks for the information, Dave! The S.XIII does seem to be a logical choice for Roden and, given their success with Albatros D.III, having many parts in common I'm still crossing my fingers for an Oeffag version or two. Whatever they do in the coming years, it's a ray of hope indeed.
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline Edo

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2020, 03:08:42 PM »
this is really good news!
spectacular results for the forum too!
i am very happy, i can’t wait to see their release....
ciao
edo

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2020, 03:24:19 PM »
an OEFFAG Albatros is top of my wish list.

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2020, 05:45:41 PM »
This is really interesting..

I was away from the forum when the poll was done, but it is great that a manufacturer is playing close attendance to its potential customers - well done to them..

504K appeals to me, I have one in 1:48 but from a British perspective this is an iconic aircraft.  Less so the Spad for me, but it looks like there will be something for everyone to be happy.!

Offline kkarlsen

• 'Old modeller' - Trying to catch up!
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2020, 06:01:48 PM »
Wohoo great news, hopefully new and never kittet i 1/32 scale subjects...

Preferably a B.e.2c or Avro 504   ;)

Kent

Offline ermeio

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2020, 06:06:55 PM »
Great news for 1/32 WW.I aircraft Fan!
three excellent subjects

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2020, 07:19:10 PM »
Start saving for these next releases (and relative aftermarkets too), thanks to Roden for their decision.
Ciao
Giuseppe