Author Topic: Roden announces it is resuming production of WW1 aircraft kits  (Read 21815 times)

Offline Ian from Doncaster

Re: Roden announces it is resuming production of WW1 aircraft kits
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2020, 07:51:50 AM »
Nice pic BvB.. in 1:1 scale too.  Have you been to that “factory”.?

No...Sadly.  ::)

Slurp slurp...weeeeeeeee!

vB

Get thi’sen up to Scotland and keep on up the A9 until you get to Tain. 

Online Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2020, 08:40:30 AM »
This is indeed great news - a big doff of the hat to Dave W for working with Roden and helping the forum to influence a major manufacturer. Roden have listened. Well done Dave :)

Now that we have the likely arrival of something new in the near future, we need to 'put our money where our mouths are", so to speak, and buy up. Even though I am not really a 1/32 guy, i'll likely still pick up a couple of any new kits, even if only to encourage the production of kits in any scale. I hope that one day some of the smaller scales will get some love, but any release is a good release for our little corner of the hobby.

Cheers,

BC

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2020, 11:41:25 AM »
It is indeed a great time for the WW.I Aircraft Model crowd, Happy Days indeed! This little elixir was purchased 6 years ago along with six of it's "brothers" when the vintage was last available in Canada; I have a hard time trying to ensure I don't run out while still having the occasional "wee dram" and ensuring it's all gone when the lights go out!! ::) I'll have one in celebration tonight!

Note: modified with extra images removed for brevity's sake!

Cheers,
Lance
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 10:11:13 PM by lcarroll »

Online macsporran

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2020, 05:07:29 PM »
Hey Lance, seeing double is OK but when you start to see triple it's time to ease back a little, mate.  :)
S

Offline LuckyLuke

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2020, 08:52:48 PM »
Hey Lance, seeing double is OK but when you start to see triple it's time to ease back a little, mate.  :)
S

Thats what you get when you drink and post...  ;D ;D ;D

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2020, 10:08:05 PM »
Not sure what happened there but it's a good thing I posted BEFORE I had that dram or there could have been even more then a "triple take"! ??? ::)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2020, 10:46:57 PM »
This is great news indeed! :) I've built more than a few of the (older) Roden 1/72 kits, and look forward to a (of the!) 1/32 release(es!!).
Even if the Avro does not do much for me I'll still get one.
Let's hope they know the Mémorial Flight has a SPAD XIII and 1,5 Strutter :)
I hope they would include decals for these. There were a few Strutters interned in the Netherlands as well.

Jeroen

Offline Pavlos

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2020, 11:41:36 PM »
These are most welcome news! Thank you Roden. I have already built the 1/48 strutter, and that was an enjoyable buillt.

Offline Monty

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2020, 12:13:19 AM »
Wow, Wow and Wow! I will definitely be getting all three, multiple boxings, if the bank manager and Lady V relax their gaze on me for one minute... This is the best news since Covid started! We are indeed in the Golden Age of modelling! Thank You to the good folk at Roden! (To think we had a part in this is really flattering...) I cannot toast this in a good Scotch, we are not allowed to buy, transport, drink or consume alcohol in any form in South Africa, (ciggies too) the only country in the world to do this... but I have a bottle of bootleg really old grape juice, Sauvignon Blanc I think, (Thank Heavens I still have friends) and I will join you all in a toast to Roden! In the background of the photo there is a Roden 1/32 Nieuport 24, and in the background of the box art are two One-and-a-half Strutters! Remember when we played this game with a certain other defunct company??? Just coincidence I think, but we will take it as a good omen for the future...

Regards to All!

Marc

Offline Jimbo

• James Harr Model Maker
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2020, 03:26:33 AM »
Fantastic news - thanks Mr. Wilson!!! I’ll be in for all three, perhaps multiples even. Good times....

Jimbo
Under construction:

Wingnut Wings Roland C.II

Offline A.F. Van Nieuwenhuyse

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2020, 06:38:07 AM »
Just a note to RODENS president VLADIMIR CHUMAK I have counted the number of requests for a 1/32 Hanriot HD.1 there are 28 it is small plane and it on my list I will buy a lot of them
if you make it in 1/32 scale

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2020, 07:05:14 AM »
Just a note to RODENS president VLADIMIR CHUMAK I have counted the number of requests for a 1/32 Hanriot HD.1 there are 28 it is small plane and it on my list I will buy a lot of them
if you make it in 1/32 scale

I would buy a few Hanriots, as well as the first three new kits announced by Roden.  What great choices!  Thank you!

Best regards,

Bob

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2020, 09:50:31 AM »
I think it would be fair to say Roden are being cautious in their return to new WW1 kit production but they are very conscious of our most wanted poll - we sent the detailed results to them and they have been closely watching the Forum posts too I believe.

Our enthusiasm has been a major motivator to encourage Roden to return and if the initial new releases are successful I am sure the other front runners on our poll will eventually appear. The mystery kit in development at Wingnuts, whose engine was posted as a teaser, was in fact a Hanriot. Roden and Copper State are now aware of this.

In response to Frank's post earlier, there is no formal Roden announcement on their website or Facebook page- the Forum post is the announcement.

My sincere thanks to everyone on the Forum who took part in the poll and has posted encouragement to Roden on this board.

As yet Roden have made no decisions on which kits will appear first but the Avro and Sopwith are definites and the Spad XIII appears to have nudged its way into the front runners too thanks to our poll. Final release sequencing will be decided during the design process.

I understand Roden will continue to keep its full catalogue of WW1 kits in production, something which deserves further support .

Whether Roden resumes production of new WW1 kits in 1/48 and 1/72 scale is a decision I suspect will be part based on market support for the new 1/32 kits.

Personally I think a 1/32 scale Avro 504K is a genius decision. It had so many uses, bomber, trainer, night fighter and huge postwar service ( including my personal interest with the New Zealand Permanent Air Force). Multi boxings galore!

Wingnuts re-defined the landscape of large scale WW1 modelling, but Roden led the way for them and thankfully is still with us and planning new kits to keep us all happily building for years to come.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2020, 10:47:17 AM »
Fantastic news! While the Avro doesn't really toot my whistle I'll buy one to show my support to Roden. The Sopwith Strutter and the SPAD will definitely get my money. If/when they do a Hanriot I will buy several of those also. So many cool markings!!

Mike

Offline Gene K

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2020, 11:02:09 AM »
The mystery kit in development at Wingnuts ... was in fact a Hanriot. Roden and Copper State are now aware of this.

So what is/are the implications here?  That: there are WNW molds out there; that WNW interest/intentions indicate there's a market for the Hanriot; that Roden and Cooper State develop the kit; that Cooper State jump in since Roden evidently has a full plate of intentions already; ???.

Gene K