Author Topic: CSM Pfalz Dr.1  (Read 21057 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: CSM Pfalz Dr.1
« Reply #270 on: September 25, 2020, 09:48:57 PM »
Thanks Rick for continuing to follow along on this hair pulling adventure and leaving positive feedback which is most appreciated  :)

I'm very pleased that it looks like nothing happened at all and I should have went a different way but lesson learn't which I'm 100% positive I will make on future builds  ;)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #271 on: September 25, 2020, 10:13:45 PM »
I'm glad you didn't bin this one.  It will look great!

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #272 on: September 26, 2020, 09:09:03 AM »
Thanks Ken  :) Don't think that is something I would do , bin it . It would end back as a shelf queen  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline mgunns

« Reply #273 on: September 26, 2020, 09:57:30 AM »
I have paged through your build and have to admire to your stick to it edness!  You have overcome some hurdles and continue to march to ensure an outstanding model is the outcome.  Good to see you continue on with this, a lesser person would have trashed it.  Looking forward to the next update.  This must be a CSM kit when they were still in Arizona as it's that tan resin.  He uses a grey resin now days. 
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #274 on: September 26, 2020, 10:21:57 PM »
Hi Mark ,

Thank-you for the kind comments . Yes , I bought this kit when Eric was the owner back in 2006 , with many more still in the stash .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #275 on: September 27, 2020, 01:27:54 AM »
That is what I like to see Terri - true grit when the kit resists going together properly. Please do not return it to the shelf - you have now done so much that it would be a real shame if is not completed. Looking forward to seeing it in the completed section.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #276 on: September 27, 2020, 06:29:42 AM »
Hi Stephen ,

It will be completed , the engine and cowl are ready to be installed now and then rest of the PE parts , do a pin wash , seal that and getting her together is all that is left .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Old Man

« Reply #277 on: September 27, 2020, 06:39:53 AM »
Great to see you're still plugging away at this, Terri.

It looks worth the effort.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #278 on: September 27, 2020, 10:33:00 AM »
Thanks Oldman , in guess in the end it is all worth it !

The engine is mounted with the cowl and retaining strap and made on start on the pe parts . Few more to go . I did lose one of the mounting plates for the struts , so the underside rear struts will not have this detail , don't have a small enough punch to make a new disc . This will change in the future  ;)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Online RAGIII

« Reply #279 on: September 27, 2020, 12:07:46 PM »
AWSOME T!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Monty

« Reply #280 on: September 27, 2020, 10:27:42 PM »
Some super - clean modelling on a difficult build, Terri! Looking amazing! Marc.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #281 on: September 28, 2020, 02:10:45 AM »
Thanks Rick and Marc  8)

I'm off to the bench to work on her  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #282 on: September 28, 2020, 08:11:23 AM »
Okay ....Was able to get the rest of the PE parts in place and a pin wash is applied . I'm setting this aside so the wash can fully dry overnight and do the sealing coat tomorrow . Then I'm right back to where I left off ....making turnbuckles and rigging and getting her finally put together !

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #283 on: September 28, 2020, 08:12:15 AM »
 :) :) :) :) :) :)

Terri , who is extremely happy !!!!

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Online Radarman

« Reply #284 on: September 28, 2020, 09:16:49 AM »
Terri,
You have every reason to be happy. Those bits and pieces are really jazzing things up.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!